Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Saints Stadium 3D Tour

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Whacky Llama

Whacky Llama
  • Coach
  • 400 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

Please have a look at our new home, I have only seen a few pics online after seeing this 3d tour of the stadium I really can't wait to buy my seat biggrin.gif

http://www.saintsnewstadium.com/main

#2 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,571 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

looks great
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#3 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:31 PM

do you know of any plans for saints to re-brand as 'saints RL' as is shown in that vid?.. same with the logo .. the logo i like, but not sure about the saints RL bit.. or do you think its purely for the video etc?

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#4 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

Thats a great looking stadium,at least whats on show there is.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#5 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

Very impressive and a new word for the dictionary - "impactful"

#6 Eagles86

Eagles86
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

looks a great stadium which will be great for noise levels ! will miss Knowsley road though.

#7 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Eagles86 @ Jul 26 2010, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks a great stadium which will be great for noise levels ! will miss Knowsley road though.

Don't worry there will be recordings of "Forrrrwarrrd" played every 15 seconds

#8 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (EastLondonMike @ Jul 26 2010, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do you know of any plans for saints to re-brand as 'saints RL' as is shown in that vid?.. same with the logo .. the logo i like, but not sure about the saints RL bit.. or do you think its purely for the video etc?

From what I understand as of next year that will be the badge & our brand. Took a bit of getting used to at first I thought they should keep St Helens RL but I like it now.

The stadium is magnificent & will take us to a whole new level. I havent been in corporate at other stadiums but its certainly impressive, Anyone who has can they say how it compares?
Even the store is swanky.

Well done Mr mcManus & all involved biggrin.gif
Posted Image
Progress live tour 10th June 2011

SOME THINGS IN LIFE YOU LOOK BACK ON & THINK THANK ###### I GOT OUT OF THAT

#9 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (saintsbird @ Jul 26 2010, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what I understand as of next year that will be the badge & our brand. Took a bit of getting used to at first I thought they should keep St Helens RL but I like it now.

Spose they had to f*ck it up somewhere.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

Looks like the Keepmoat to me, and that's a great RL venue, albeit a tad small.

What's the crowd capacity going to be?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#11 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

Looks really good from the outside in particular and the facilities inside are top notch, only concern would be that the actual inside stadium view resembles Leigh Sports Village a little and looks smaller than I thought it would be.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#12 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

Do I need to wear special glasses to let me see it in 3D? huh.gif

rldfsignature.jpg

#13 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Whacky Llama @ Jul 26 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please have a look at our new home, I have only seen a few pics online after seeing this 3d tour of the stadium I really can't wait to buy my seat biggrin.gif

http://www.saintsnewstadium.com/main

That's not bad value for a stadium tour.

rldfsignature.jpg

#14 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Jul 26 2010, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like the Keepmoat to me, and that's a great RL venue, albeit a tad small.

What's the crowd capacity going to be?

We have Eamonn to thank for it getting this far, just pray nowt goes wrong between now and our WCC match in February 2012 to open it cool.gif cool.gif
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#15 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

Particularly liked the bingo hall. I did notice that the drinks behind the bar are a little different to the usual bottles of brown ale found at KR.

rldfsignature.jpg

#16 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (nec @ Jul 26 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We have Eamonn to thank for it getting this far, just pray nowt goes wrong between now and our WCC match in February 2012 to open it cool.gif cool.gif

No chance - didn't you hear? Paris Surtout has declared that next season need not be played - Wigan's three signings from Melbourne make it academic biggrin.gif

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#17 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Jul 26 2010, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No chance - didn't you hear? Paris Surtout has declared that next season need not be played - Wigan's three signings from Melbourne make it academic biggrin.gif

It's alright, we've got the English Billy Slater in Paul Wellens to counteract them biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#18 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Jul 26 2010, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Surely Saints will open the new stadium in 2012 with a game against the newcomers to the SLE, Toulouse. wink.gif

rldfsignature.jpg

#19 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (saintsbird @ Jul 26 2010, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its about bloody time you joined the rest of us with one these new fangled daft names!

#20 Castigers13

Castigers13
  • Players
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

Looks a great stadium, could make some of the newer stadiums look dated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users