Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sky to host a double header of Super League

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:42 AM

Sky will be showing a double header of SL on September 4th which is the final SL round before the play offs.

One game at 4.15pm then another at 6.45pm.

On Saturday, 4 September there are no Premier League or Championship games across England, with the national team playing the evening before v Bulgaria.

So which games will Sky show, here are the fixtures for the weekend...

Friday, 03 September 2010

Harlequins v Warrington, 20:00
Hull v Leeds, 20:00
St Helens v Castleford, 20:00
Wigan v Bradford, 20:00

Saturday, 04 September 2010

Catalans Dragons v Huddersfield
Crusaders v Hull KR, 18:00

Sunday, 05 September 2010

Salford v Wakefield, 15:00

I reckon deffo Hull v Leeds to decide 4th spot possibly and maybe the Crusaders v Hull KR game as this could decide 8th spot.

#2 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Jul 28 2010, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sky will be showing a double header of SL on September 4th which is the final SL round before the play offs.

On Saturday, 4 September there are no Premier League or Championship games across England, with the national team playing the evening before v Bulgaria.

I reckon deffo Hull v Leeds to decide 4th spot possibly and maybe the Crusaders v Hull KR game as this could decide 8th spot.

I hope you're right there wink.gif

rldfsignature.jpg

#3 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Jul 28 2010, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope this is a joke. I've specifically booked a holiday starting on the 4th of Sept so I could get to Wigan on Friday night. ohmy.gif
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#4 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Bulliac @ Jul 28 2010, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope this is a joke. I've specifically booked a holiday starting on the 4th of Sept so I could get to Wigan on Friday night. ohmy.gif

So have the Bulls squad!

We should be ok unless the hubcap race comes down to the last weekend.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#5 The Bobster

The Bobster
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

Can't see it being Saints V Cas with it being the last match at Knowsley Road, a lot of events have been planned for that day/evening.

Posted Image

#6 Black Country Wire

Black Country Wire
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:36 PM

Quins v Wire can't be played on Saturday because of the Union double header at Twickenham.

Last new RL ground (81): Covert Lane, Aylestone - Leicester v Sheffield Hallam 28/6/14

#7 nath155

nath155
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:57 PM

it will proberbly be cas v saints and wakey at salford because i think thats going to be the playoff race coming down to last game crusaders incosistancy and goal difference will cost them from been in race so them two games will be the sky games which i feel wakey will make the playoffs as cas have hull kr leeds and saints to play which all could be towelings where as wakefield have hudds warrington 0 points but bradford and salford 4 points so they will be tied where wakies gd gets them in

#8 boris74

boris74
  • Coach
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

Isnt the whole idea to make teams competing for the same positions to play at the same time? Therefore if it is between Cas and Crusaders for 8th spot for example they should both kick off at the same time.

If this is the case then i reckon the first batch of kick offs at 4.15pm will be the potential play off for the top 8 and the 6.15pm kick off will be the race for top 4.

All depends on the next 3 weeks worth of results but this format would make sense.

#9 brooza

brooza
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:22 AM

I'd say Hull v Leeds a certainty

I think Sky would prefer Stains v Cas as both teams need to win to secure 2nd/8th place respectively, but if there are a load of events planned for the last home game and it can't be moved, I think they'll pick the Cru match
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#10 Fully

Fully
  • Coach
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:39 AM

Apparently Saints v Cas has been selected for the one kicking off at 6:45pm.

#11 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (Fully @ Aug 23 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently Saints v Cas has been selected for the one kicking off at 6:45pm.

If this is true then what a load of ###### !!!

Both the Saints & Warrington games should be played at the same time so neither has the advantage. If Warrington play on Friday then Saints will know exactly what they have to do on Saturday to get 2nd which will definately affect the way the game is played.

Also Saints have arranged a whole host of events for the Friday night which will all have to be re-arranged

#12 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,983 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

Another well-thought-out initiative from the RFL Sky. biggrin.gif

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#13 The Bobster

The Bobster
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

I am now well and truly ****ed off with Sky.

I missed the Crusaders game at Weekend because I had booked into Soughton Hall on Saturday, for a meal and an overnight stay, a treat for my wife more than anything, with the intention of going to the game on Sunday.

My Mum and Dad both mad keen Saints supporters have now retired to Spain. My Dad went to his first game at Knowsley Road in 1946 and wanted to be at the last league game. They fly in from Spain on the 2nd to watch the game. The return flights are at 19:40 on Saturday and guess who has to take them to the Airport!

Posted Image

#14 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:27 PM

It's APPARENTLY Saints - Cas. Daft if it's true - how many viewers will they get to see Saints steamroller the oppostion?

#15 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (Chronicler of Chiswick @ Aug 23 2010, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's APPARENTLY Saints - Cas. Daft if it's true - how many viewers will they get to see Saints steamroller the oppostion?

Now confirmed Saturday at 6:45

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/2774

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#16 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/2774

Confirmed here.

#17 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:39 PM

Hull FCs Super League shootout for the coveted 4th play off spot against Leeds Rhinos has been moved to Saturday 4th September.

The game had originally been scheduled for Friday 3rd September, but has been moved for television coverage and will be played on Saturday afternoon- Kick Off 4:30pm.

#18 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:39 PM

Hull FCs Super League shootout for the coveted 4th play off spot against Leeds Rhinos has been moved to Saturday 4th September.

The game had originally been scheduled for Friday 3rd September, but has been moved for television coverage and will be played on Saturday afternoon- Kick Off 4:30pm.

#19 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (Chronicler of Chiswick @ Aug 23 2010, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Last league game at Knowsley Road. Should get a fair few viewers.

Pleased the Hull game's been moved. Couldn't make it on the Friday because of Leeds Akkies annual end of season dinner. Now I can! Woohoo!
Posted Image

#20 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (Wellsy4HullFC @ Aug 23 2010, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last league game at Knowsley Road. Should get a fair few viewers.

Pleased the Hull game's been moved. Couldn't make it on the Friday because of Leeds Akkies annual end of season dinner. Now I can! Woohoo!

Same here, pleased the Leeds game has been moved otherwise I would of missed it.

Just booked the cheap train tickets we'll be in Hull for 11:35am, see you in the Three John's and then the New Clarence after the game for St Helens vs Castleford of which I think we'll all be cheering for St Helens to put a record score on the Tigers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users