TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

David Ferriol says Mozza is past it!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:22 PM

ADRIAN MORLEY can't scare opponents any more because he's no longer the hard man of rugby.

That claim, by Catalans prop David Ferriol, will wind up Man of Steel contender Morley no end.

''Sometimes players go on too long and that is not a good thing.''

"Adrian Morley is not the player he once was. When I first watched Super League, Morley was a great player - the sort others looked up to. I am not sure that is true anymore."

"I am not saying he has nothing to offer but it is not good to see what he has become - he was once one of the hardest players to play rugby league but not any more. I am saying he is NOT HARD any more.

"He will make Warrington lots of tackles and make some ground but he does not hurt people any more. For the game that is a bad thing - but good for us."

http://www.newsofthe...AN-ANY-MOR.html

I am all for players spicing up big games but think Ferriol has dropped a clanger here by having a blast at Mozza.

I bet Mozza will be lining up poor David next sunday for a massive hit! biggrin.gif

#2 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Aug 1 2010, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bet Mozza will be lining up poor David next sunday for a massive hit! biggrin.gif

Which means Ferriol has won the first battle as Morley takes his eye of the ball to put in a big hit.

He has got form.
People called Romans they go the house

#3 Northern Exposure

Northern Exposure
  • Coach
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

Ferriol is quite right.
Posted Image

#4 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:15 PM

To be fair, I've never thought Morley to be that good. It seems he has an inflated reputation based around playing with the sheep-stealers for a few years.

He's a good player, but not in the class of Peacock, Fielden (in Bradford days) and Graham.
People called Romans they go the house

#5 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,965 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (MrPosh @ Aug 1 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which means Ferriol has won the first battle as Morley takes his eye of the ball to put in a big hit.

He has got form.

Yep, maybe Morley can beat his 12 second record this time!

#6 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:02 PM

I'm not going to get into the debate about Morley's ability, but I think it is quite poor for any player to talk down another player's playing ability at all.

It is disrespectful, lacks class, and you are just asking for it to come back and bite you on the ######.

#7 Simon Templar

Simon Templar
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Aug 1 2010, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not going to get into the debate about Morley's ability, but I think it is quite poor for any player to talk down another player's playing ability at all.

It is disrespectful, lacks class, and you are just asking for it to come back and bite you on the ######.

Agreed. And let's hope it does.

Because if that is what happens then I for one would dearly love to see it

Talk about Bring back The Biff ...........!!!!!!!!

#8 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:10 PM

Goodnight frenchman,sleep well!
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#9 goldcard

goldcard
  • Coach
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Aug 1 2010, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a Wezza thread, expect something to do with Carvell being a nuclear physicist? cool.gif
Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.
Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)
Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....
And again!!!Posted Image
Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

#10 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:24 PM

Morley is far from past it, maybe not quite as good as he was at his peak but I'd rather have him with me than against me all day long. Winding him up is a bad idea in my book. Just hope these comments don't cause anything resulting in a red card, wich would be the only way these comments may serve any advantage to catalans. smack talk/gloating is always best reserved for after the event.
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

#11 DiH68

DiH68
  • Coach
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:45 PM

I think it's great when players talk like this before big games - it spices up the affair for the fans and the media. It happens a lot in the NRL before big matches and really helps to hype up the event.
Who wants to read endless comments like: "we know it's going to be a tough game, we're not taking them lightly, we'll have to be at the very top of our game for 80 minutes if we want to get to wembley, blah, blah, blah"
The livelier the comments, the more interest from the media, and the more rivalry between the fans... All good, i reckon!

#12 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,532 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:50 PM

I don't think AM is the type of player to indulge in verbals, just tends to do the talking on the pitch. That said, I'd be more worried about Fakir, he looked good against Bradford today, very powerful.

#13 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (DiH68 @ Aug 2 2010, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's great when players talk like this before big games - it spices up the affair for the fans and the media. It happens a lot in the NRL before big matches and really helps to hype up the event.
Who wants to read endless comments like: "we know it's going to be a tough game, we're not taking them lightly, we'll have to be at the very top of our game for 80 minutes if we want to get to wembley, blah, blah, blah"
The livelier the comments, the more interest from the media, and the more rivalry between the fans... All good, i reckon!

I agree that it certainly helps get the media and fans excited, wich is good but if I were a coach I wouldn't want my players winding the opposition up as it only adds motivation. In this case winding up a player like Morley? seems like asking for trouble to me. Good for us fans, probably not good for Catalans.
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

#14 DiH68

DiH68
  • Coach
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (steef @ Aug 2 2010, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree that it certainly helps get the media and fans excited, wich is good but if I were a coach I wouldn't want my players winding the opposition up as it only adds motivation. In this case winding up a player like Morley? seems like asking for trouble to me. Good for us fans, probably not good for Catalans.

true, but for all we know the two are mates and having a laugh about the whole thing. You have to remember it's just part of the pre-match build up - I'm sure no one is taking it too seriously

#15 The Best The Beautiful The Only

The Best The Beautiful The Only
  • Coach
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (MrPosh @ Aug 1 2010, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be fair, I've never thought Morley to be that good. It seems he has an inflated reputation based around playing with the sheep-stealers for a few years.

He's a good player, but not in the class of Peacock, Fielden (in Bradford days) and Graham.

Better than Peacock and Fielden, doubt Graham will be as good as Morley aswell.

#16 Dennis Bloodnock

Dennis Bloodnock
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:32 AM

When you're hit like a bomb by a 6ft 4 pom that's a Morley
When you're flat on you'r a##e and you'r mouths full of grass thats a Morley
to the tune of Amore
Great memories of a legend at the Roosters,great player for us and true gentleman off the pitch
Beware of the Mozz Johnny foreigner rolleyes.gif
I can speak Esperanto like a native.

#17 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (Dennis Bloodnock @ Aug 1 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you're hit like a bomb by a 6ft 4 pom that's a Morley
When you're flat on you'r a##e and you'r mouths full of grass thats a Morley
to the tune of Amore

Great memories of a legend at the Roosters,great player for us and true gentleman off the pitch
Beware of the Mozz Johnny foreigner rolleyes.gif

More than a legend, Morley was a cult figure at the Roosters. Still is in the memories of the fans over there I suspect.

As for his off the pitch qualities, I will second him being a true gentleman, very polite and respectful.
Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

#18 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:54 AM

Double post

Edited by ParisSurtout, 02 August 2010 - 02:55 AM.

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

#19 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (DiH68 @ Aug 2 2010, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
true, but for all we know the two are mates and having a laugh about the whole thing. You have to remember it's just part of the pre-match build up - I'm sure no one is taking it too seriously

That's how I read the story too Diane - lets call it wimmins intuition wink.gif

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#20 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:50 AM

Why would it bother Morley????

Morley wants to lead his team out @ Wembley again.

More interested in winning the game than any paper talk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users