Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

What is your club doing?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bendyas

bendyas
  • Coach
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

Last night i caught the back end of a talksport show on league football.

It was interesting to hear the Chairmen of Macclesfield, Oxford, MK Dons et al and what they were doing to increase revenue, primarily by increasing attendances.

The MK Dons are a club we should be studying to try and understand what they're doing and try and improve on their model, but what struck me the most was that Macclesfield, by introducing free season tickets to under 12s have increased their cash revenue already by 20%.

My club, Featherstone Rovers have been great in the community (apparently - i don't live anywhere close these days) and i was wondering what other clubs are doing in a response to the apathy towards football and the 'recession'.

#2 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:20 PM

Warrington are getting in on the act!

Bring a friend for a fiver (to selected games not Saints at home!) if you have a season ticket! biggrin.gif

#3 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (bendyas @ Aug 3 2010, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was interesting to hear the Chairmen of Macclesfield, Oxford, MK Dons et al and what they were doing to increase revenue, primarily by increasing attendances.

Oxford United and Wigan Warriors do have the same owner, so I'd like to think if they have any good ideas down there we are pinching them up here!

#4 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (bendyas @ Aug 3 2010, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The MK Dons are a club we should be studying to try and understand what they're doing and try and improve on their model, but what struck me the most was that Macclesfield, by introducing free season tickets to under 12s have increased their cash revenue already by 20%.

My club, Featherstone Rovers have been great in the community (apparently - i don't live anywhere close these days) and i was wondering what other clubs are doing in a response to the apathy towards football and the 'recession'.

Huddersfield do a load of this stuff. They announced next years season ticket prices on Sunday and it's another good deal. In a nutshell, U12s are free, 12-16 is 35, 16 to 20 is from 45, and then full tickets are from 90 upwards.

Huddersfield have developed an excellent community relationship setup and combined with the pricing its the reason why they've doubled attendances in the past decade despite not actually winning anything.

That's me.  I'm done.