RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hull FC home shirt.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Symo10

Symo10
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

Bought 2 Hull home shirts this season. One with Longys number on and one with Fitzgibbon on. I'd say they have last four washes then all the sponsors lettering started to peel off. Really ###### off as that is £100 worth of shirt. They are different material to the usual shirts. Thinking of getting in touch with the shop.

Anyone else had dramas?

I know ###### takes and ribbing about to follow, but maybe one serious answer will be good laugh.gif

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

Hmm.

I was actually after a Hull FC home shirt. However they're out of stock cos a new one is on it's way.

If anyone has one (XXL sad.gif ) without a player name and want to sell it to me it would be appreciated. I'll ask again come end of the season for the black and whites.

Sorry if this is hi-jacking the thread, it just seemed coincedental.

On thread, ISC have pretty ###### quality shirts.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

i have the HKR away one and its great quality but so bloody hot when its sunny, its not breatheable

but its strong

#4 Northern Exposure

Northern Exposure
  • Coach
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (Symo10 @ Aug 4 2010, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bought 2 Hull home shirts this season. One with Longys number on and one with Fitzgibbon on. I'd say they have last four washes then all the sponsors lettering started to peel off. Really ###### off as that is £100 worth of shirt. They are different material to the usual shirts. Thinking of getting in touch with the shop.

Anyone else had dramas?

I know ###### takes and ribbing about to follow, but maybe one serious answer will be good laugh.gif

Leeds had the same with their shirt (also ISC) last season as the sponsor's logo started to peel off and they were ALL recalled and swapped for new ones - i swapped mine no bother.

I suggest giving the club shop a call and try and get something in return.

Its not like they're cheap either.

Edited by Northern Exposure, 04 August 2010 - 08:26 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 735 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

Warrington have had awful problems this season with the red and green away shirt. Logo's cracking and peeling after 1 wash,white collars turning pink,etc.
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#6 Symo10

Symo10
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

Yeah I've emailed the shop tonight, not holding my breath though. I bought a second home shirt due to the problems with the first. Spent over £160 what with player numbers.

The guy asking for the home shirt, have you seen the new home shirt hoody? Very nice at £37, would recommend.

#7 GazCoops

GazCoops
  • Coach
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:23 PM

I've got both the home and away shirts, also bought 2 home shirts for my dad and brother, and i've not had any problems with any of them.

I have heard of others who had problems with the home shirt earlier on in the season, the club did change the way the sponsering was put on the shirts, they are now sew on patches.

Posted Image

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,661 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:52 PM

This was a major issue with the shirts earlier on this season, but from what I've read on other forums, the club were sympathetic and swapped or refunded for anybody unhappy. As Gareth says, they've sorted the problem now with sew on sponsors etc. All adult shirts were reduced to £25 a while back but unfortunately, looking at the website's on line shop, most appear to have sold out.

Best of luck with your attempt to get the problem sorted.

Hull-FC-V10-e1380711301940.jpg         HULL NOT VERY PROUD

"You're not City anymore!"

(The chant of opposition fans to Hull Tigers' supporters this season)

#9 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Aug 4 2010, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This was a major issue with the shirts earlier on this season, but from what I've read on other forums, the club were sympathetic and swapped or refunded for anybody unhappy. As Gareth says, they've sorted the problem now with sew on sponsors etc. All adult shirts were reduced to £25 a while back but unfortunately, looking at the website's on line shop, most appear to have sold out.

Best of luck with your attempt to get the problem sorted.

We are getting a new away shirt for next year AGAIN when they said they were keeping it and changing the home one.

I was in the Hull FC shop near the Town Hall the other Saturday and they had a home shirt in my size so it should fit Hindle.

#10 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (Symo10 @ Aug 4 2010, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I've emailed the shop tonight, not holding my breath though. I bought a second home shirt due to the problems with the first. Spent over £160 what with player numbers.

The guy asking for the home shirt, have you seen the new home shirt hoody? Very nice at £37, would recommend.

They would say that laugh.gif wink.gif

#11 Symo10

Symo10
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

Got an email off the shop this morning saying if I return the shirts, with a copy of the email they will replace them.
They stated there was a drama with the first batch of shirts with the printed sponsor logos. They will replace with embroider ones.
Happy Days, good old Hull.

Thanks guys.

#12 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:51 AM

Any chance I can get Longy back? ph34r.gif wink.gif
Posted Image
Progress live tour 10th June 2011

SOME THINGS IN LIFE YOU LOOK BACK ON & THINK THANK ###### I GOT OUT OF THAT

#13 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,542 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 5 2010, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are getting a new away shirt for next year AGAIN when they said they were keeping it and changing the home one.

I was in the Hull FC shop near the Town Hall the other Saturday and they had a home shirt in my size so it should fit Hindle.

City Hall. wink.gif

rldfsignature.jpg

#14 Northern Exposure

Northern Exposure
  • Coach
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (Symo10 @ Aug 5 2010, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got an email off the shop this morning saying if I return the shirts, with a copy of the email they will replace them.
They stated there was a drama with the first batch of shirts with the printed sponsor logos. They will replace with embroider ones.
Happy Days, good old Hull.

Thanks guys.

See if you can get store credit for next season shirt wink.gif
Posted Image

#15 brooza

brooza
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (Northern Exposure @ Aug 4 2010, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leeds had the same with their shirt (also ISC) last season as the sponsor's logo started to peel off and they were ALL recalled and swapped for new ones - i swapped mine no bother.

Were they?

I got one and never heard about this

One of the sponsor logos has started peeling off but I can't remember if it was last year's shirt or this one

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, K√łbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#16 Northern Exposure

Northern Exposure
  • Coach
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (brooza @ Aug 5 2010, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Were they?

I got one and never heard about this

One of the sponsor logos has started peeling off but I can't remember if it was last year's shirt or this one

Yep. Pretty sure it was last years.

They were the ones from ISC with the Leeds and Holbeck square transfer-style sponsors logo.

Started peeling off after 5-6 washes.

Ended up with entirely printed ones like in the NRL as replacements.
Posted Image

#17 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Northern Exposure @ Aug 5 2010, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They were the ones from ISC with the Leeds and Holbeck square transfer-style sponsors logo.

The first ISC one was terrible too when we had the yellow away shirt with the blue v, same thing, all the sponsors logos disappeared after a few washes on both the home and away shirts,maybe ISC need to look at this problem.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#18 brooza

brooza
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (Northern Exposure @ Aug 5 2010, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't really remember it off the top of my head, but it was the one from the skip company at the top that's peeling off (I think it's this year's)

Never bothered complaining as it's only for the skip company and all the other logos are embroidered

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, K√łbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#19 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 5 2010, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I rang the town centre shop on Monday and they told me they had none left and weren't getting anymore as a new home shirt is coming in November.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#20 Millman

Millman
  • Banned
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Aug 4 2010, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm.

I was actually after a Hull FC home shirt. However they're out of stock cos a new one is on it's way.

If anyone has one (XXL sad.gif ) without a player name and want to sell it to me it would be appreciated. I'll ask again come end of the season for the black and whites.

Sorry if this is hi-jacking the thread, it just seemed coincedental.

On thread, ISC have pretty ###### quality shirts.

Fatty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users