Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Andy Wilson's latest offering

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 paley

paley
  • Coach
  • 18,197 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (getdownmonkeyman @ Aug 7 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ask yourself this; when did he last write a positive piece?

The guardian don't like positive opinions about rugby league - they also don't like people who stand up for rugby league
Join team TRL to help cure cancer http://vspx27.stanfo...e&teamnum=43780 Team number 43780

Team summary: http://folding.extre....php?s=&t=43780

#42 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,326 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (The Clan @ Aug 5 2010, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Andy Wilsons column is so full of inaccuracies and summations based on rumour that it has zero credibility and neither does he.

After months of messages, press releases, statements and so on all stating the facts re: Outline Planning Permission and Full Planning Permission he still makes the basic error of confusing the two

He chooses to ignore the fact that Wakefield has he full funding if/when they get the Planning approval for the stadium.

He states that Wakefield has ruled out a ground share but they have not, they have ruled out moving to Glasshoughton. On the same subject he chooses to ignore that Castleford have done the same in reverse.

What a ridiculously flawed and lazy article this and Andy Wilson both are

I agree entirely, utterly lazy hack who has done no real reading up never mind actually talking to anyone in the know.

The constant bracketing of Wakey, Salford and Cas as all in the same position is moronic.

Maybe I dreamed going to Barton and chatting with the construction lads on site........

#43 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (Dirk Diggler @ Aug 7 2010, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They need to keep the gates up above the limit for licence qualification

Wrong actually. They needed to get over 2,500 in either 2009 or 2010. Our average was 3,800 last year, so this years crowds are irrelevant.

They are already over 2,500 however...............
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#44 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 587 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (The Parksider @ Aug 7 2010, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe I dreamed going to Barton and chatting with the construction lads on site........

I was under the impression that the works currently being carried out on the site were remedial works to make the site ready rather than construction works. I don't think that detailed planning permission for the stadium has yet been obtained from Salford City Council. I think that is expected in September. As the Council is one of the Joint Venture partners I'm sure they would not condone construction works being carried out without the requisite plannning permissions.

#45 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Jill Halfpenny fan @ Aug 7 2010, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Trashing Wilson is par for the course on here.

Irony laugh.gif

#46 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (mick wilson @ Aug 9 2010, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Irony laugh.gif

What irony?

#47 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:34 PM

laugh.gif whoosh laugh.gif

#48 Millman

Millman
  • Banned
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (The Parksider @ Aug 7 2010, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like one of your more lucid moments, although it could have been a YMCA themed dream.

#49 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (mick wilson @ Aug 9 2010, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif whoosh laugh.gif

Not going to explain it because it's rubbish then.