On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#22 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Aug 6 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Until they get on the pitch.

Why? What's going to happen on the pitch? Is someone going to take a dump on it?...

I think the Cumbria & NZ Maori games are fantastic news for RL.
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#23 Kiwi-Capper_merged

Kiwi-Capper_merged
  • Coach
  • 323 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (Lobbygobbler @ Aug 6 2010, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not play a proper nation like Fiji?

The NZ Maori at RL is a joke because the entire NZ RL team is ##### Maori

I wouldn't call the maori team a joke. it's just a rep team made up of maori. nothing more nothing less.

QUOTE (Lobbygobbler @ Aug 6 2010, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apologies I meant nearly all Maori

Anyway I recall that the last Maori NZ team was not all full blown Maoris!

Nothing against playing the Maoris if its part of a full test itinerary but to me this is all about doing it on't cheap

I think they will all be of the required 1/16th maori descent. They will be more maori than the england team english, NZ team NZ and Australia team Australian when you think about it biggrin.gif

#24 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (nadera78 @ Aug 6 2010, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're playing them because the NU touring side played them in 1910, because they'll bring in a decent crowd, and because it's probably cheaper for the organisers than bringing in Tonga or Fiji.

I could run with that if it were a stand alone game rather than a curtain raiser to NZ v Samoa.

rldfsignature.jpg

#25 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (Methven Hornet @ Aug 6 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Plus, seeing as we won't let them compete in the WC, and we no longer have traditional tours, the game has a responsibility to the Maoris to provide them with decent fixtures.

I disagree. The NZRL have a duty to the Maori. We (England) have a duty to the game internationally. It's also not about not letting them play in the WC. They aren't a nation. End of. I personally feel we've missed a chance to give either Fiji or Tonga high profile international exposure. We whine on about giving the PI nations, and others, more high profile games so that their heritage players (and the likes of Uate) will commit to them fully rather than just for WCs and then we spurn the chance to give them those types of games. England should be playing Fiji and Australia should be playing Tonga as pre 4N games.

Edited by deluded pom?, 07 August 2010 - 06:21 AM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#26 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,180 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE (HappyDave @ Aug 7 2010, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why? What's going to happen on the pitch? Is someone going to take a dump on it?...

I think the Cumbria & NZ Maori games are fantastic news for RL.

That they are,the point being this all seems very organised for the RFL but it is a potential banana skin for the England team.We were very lucky to beat PNG in the last world cup and with Mcnamaras selections who knows what will happen.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users