bbc sports news

it seems to me that the bbc has made a decision not to report rugby league, i watch the sports news every morning and RL has almost dissapeared completely Chris hollins will report anything but rugby league.

Even the bbc news channel which reports some items ad nauseam cannot find 30 seconds to mention yesterdays game :angry:

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

I've been saying this for years. There's no argument about them not reporting sports they no longer broadcast regularly as they can quite happily tell all and sundry, whether anyone cares or not, about the latest goings on in the Guinness Premiership or the Test cricket. They also manage to get coverage of the said events from the host broadcaster to use on their news bulletins. It gets even more galling during summers when there's little in the way of other sports to report. They can't even be bothered to give us any results.

Edited by deluded pom?

rldfsignature.jpg

I watched one sports bulletin on the bbc yesterday morning, 8.30am-ish, and it was shoehorned in right at the end, along with the Crusaders v Harlequins result.

Ah yes, Saturday morning when we got a 3 minute report on that popular 'sport' of paint balling, but only the briefest of mentions of RL. And on a Monday morning Chris Hollins reads the SL results out with no comment whatsoever. It reminds me of when Granada used to read them out just before The Love Boat or something like that on a Sunday evening. They do it because they feel they have to, not because they want to.

yeah how galling is it when they say " and in super league there were wins for wigan, st helens, leeds and the quins" imagine giving football or any other sports reults like that, utd won today as did arsenal and liverpoo,l it just would not happen, only rl puts up with ###### like that and i blame THE RL mr money bags woods should get off his lazy ###### and do something about it.

Edited by my missus

yeah how galling is it when they say " and in super league there were wins for wigan, st helens, leeds and the quins" imagine giving football or any other sports reults like that, utd won today as did arsenal and liverpoo,l it just would not happen, only rl puts up with ###### like that and i blame THE RL mr money bags woods should get off his lazy ###### and do something about it.

Correct.

Although if we're waiting for Mr Woods to so much as stand up, we could be waiting a heck of a long time...

And when they do report it, they do it wrong. The video of Mick Potters comments the website was originally in the union section. They've changed it since, but can you imagine them making the same mistake with other sports?

you would have thought there would have been some mention on the sports news today that the bbc were showing the second semi but no absolutely nowt.

To be fair, Saturday's game was covered on the evening news on the BBC, don't know about yesterday's. The BBC gives lip service to rugby league and we desperately need to find new terrestrial broadcasters. Channel 4 or 5 have been good for cricket, I think they'll be good for League given a chance.

Charity magazine now available to order for Scott's Angels and The Danny Jones Defibrillator Fund. Please click here to buy.

Just been on the Radio 1's news bulletin, complete with a chat with Tony Smith, so it's not a total blackout...

Vince Lombardi

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."

"Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is."

Copa @ May 8 2005

Rugby League: Complex game, simple rules.

Rugby Union: Complex Rules, simple game.

Lets get Folding...

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py...e&teamnum=43780

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/tea....php?s=&t=43780

has there been much in the news about England Hockey's first appearence in a long time in the Champions Torphy or their eventual loss (humping) to australia? how about the women's first ever medal in the women's champions trophy?

We're not the only sport to get a short shrift, there are a huge number of sports that get no coverage whatsoever..

the BBC carea bout Footbal, Rugby Union, Cricket, Athletics (when it suits), Golf (when its interesting) and random sports when they need time to fill... we need to stop judging things by the BBC to be honest.. loads of sports have the same issue and it aint easy to break in Nigel Wood could sit in the reception till they put it on and he would be dead befrore they got round to it..

Thought there was a decent amount on last nights national BBC news, about the same length as the Charity Shield and Test Match got, along with a decent bit on the following BBC North news round up.

has there been much in the news about England Hockey's first appearence in a long time in the Champions Torphy or their eventual loss (humping) to australia? d

Yes. Chris Hollins featured it in this mornings BBC One Breakfast Sports news. There was no time left, though, for our sport.