TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Rugby League statues

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 dallymessenger

dallymessenger
  • Coach
  • 20,928 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (West Country Eagle @ Aug 8 2010, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the TV commentary yesterday, Dave Woods mentioned Keiron Cunningham;s statue at Saints (which, I'm guessing, will be at the new stadium).

That got me thinking about other RL-related statues. I know of a few, but how many are there?

I'll get the ball rolling

Dally Messenger - Sydney Football Stadium (there may also be one of Victor Trumper around the corner by the cricket ground as well - can't remember)
Wally Lewis (looking like he's wearing a big nappy) - Suncorp Stadium
Brian Bevan - that roundabout near the ground in Warrington

Any others?

just added reg gasnier on the weekend to the SCG.

parra stadium has ray price

canberra has either laurie daley or mal meninga, maybe both

newcastle is getting johns.

edit : trumper is there as a cricket i think not for his RL stuff

Edited by dallymessenger, 09 August 2010 - 11:04 AM.

#22 dallymessenger

dallymessenger
  • Coach
  • 20,928 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

http://www.dailytele...i-1225902798750

#23 Dennis Bloodnock

Dennis Bloodnock
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (dallymessenger @ Aug 9 2010, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is another ex rugby league player amongst those statues.Trevor Allan was a union great who went to rugby in the 1950's.
He signed for Leigh for 5,000 pounds and played for four years.He also represented Other Nationalities against England.He returned to Australia to play for North Sydney Bears and afer retiring was a commontater on both Rugby and union.
Ex Wallaby coach Rod MacQueen stated that Allan was easily the best centre in Rugby Union,yet despite Allan being honoured with a statue he is still to be honoured with induction to th Australian Rugby Union Hall of Fame.
I wonder why,any ideas anyone? rolleyes.gif
I can speak Esperanto like a native.

#24 Big Col

Big Col
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:24 AM

I know that Leeds are talking to a sculptor at moment about an actual moving one, one idea is of Ryan Bailey, where if anybody over 4ft 5" walks towards him, he does a Jacko moon walk backwards.

Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all the others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users