Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Signatures

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,833 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:39 AM

I think we're getting to the stage where people are just taking their signatures too far and blatantly ignoring warnings to cut them.

Today, I deleted the signatures of two members who had been asked in the past to cut their signatures yet chose to ignore the request. We have never been pedantic about enforcing the signature guidelines but when they get to 47 and 37 lines respectively then they get far too big. Line-by-line listings of a club's honours is pointless and will be deleted unless it's close to or under the guideline size.

Same with some of the images people have in their signatures. Far too big. If people go slightly above the image size in the guidelines then we won't complain too much but we're losing patience with those who have images that take up half the height of a screen.

So... a polite warning to those who haven't had the pleasure of a moderating PM, cut your signature by the end of tomorrow or I'll cut them for you without warning as I find them.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,833 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:44 AM

To answer a very quick query I received. The 10 lines is 10 lines that have not been increased in size above the default. Choosing anything above size 2 for your signature text may result in us treating your signature as too big even if it is within the guidelines.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#3 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (ckn @ Aug 9 2010, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To answer a very quick query I received. The 10 lines is 10 lines that have not been increased in size above the default. Choosing anything above size 2 for your signature text may result in us treating your signature as too big even if it is within the guidelines.

is mine ok?
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#4 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,833 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (jackknife @ Aug 9 2010, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is mine ok?

Hard on the eyes, but yes biggrin.gif

#5 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,420 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:57 AM

is mine ok?

Very very wrong on so many levels. Delete now for the good of future generations.

A Fev Blog

#6 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

is mine ok?

Just delete the top two and that will be fine.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#7 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

What about mine?

Although I may have to remove the picture as when using the phone to post updates it adds an extra 15 to 20 seconds on posting.

#8 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,396 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

It's not just signature pictures - some avatar images are linked to quite large images, which slow down page loading. I had the same problem on another forum, where although the avatar only appeared on the screen as a thumbnail image, it was actually a full page jpeg.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#9 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Futtocks @ Aug 9 2010, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not just signature pictures - some avatar images are linked to quite large images, which slow down page loading. I had the same problem on another forum, where although the avatar only appeared on the screen as a thumbnail image, it was actually a full page jpeg.

Agree about the avatars but this site will only let you use one of the correct size.

#10 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,396 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 9 2010, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree about the avatars but this site will only let you use one of the correct size.

Right-click your avatar and select 'open image' or whatever your browser's equivalent is. That's a larger picture (not huge, in your case) which will take as long to load as an avatar as the original image.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#11 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,833 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 9 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about mine?

Although I may have to remove the picture as when using the phone to post updates it adds an extra 15 to 20 seconds on posting.

Yours is borderline. Technically over the limit but probably just shy of really taking the mickey.

#12 RP London

RP London
  • Coach
  • 12,678 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 9 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about mine?

lobby will be a long in a mionute to tell you the issues with the picture oin your sig... not rectangular, covering is rubbish etc etc..

#13 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

and mine? mellow.gif

Errr how do you do 'em?

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#14 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,833 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Mumby Magic @ Aug 9 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and mine? mellow.gif

Errr how do you do 'em?

Near the top of each page you'll see a bold link called My Controls. Click on that, about half way down on the left there's an option to edit your signature.

#15 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

Craig, you do realise that this thread is getting dangerously close to a "mine is bigger than yours" challenge, don't you? tongue.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#16 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,833 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (tonyXIII @ Aug 9 2010, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Craig, you do realise that this thread is getting dangerously close to a "mine is bigger than yours" challenge, don't you? tongue.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

dry.gif My moderating tools are bigger than yours

wink.gif tongue.gif

#17 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

Removed my sig as it was probably too big in the first place

Cummins Out.

#18 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (RP London @ Aug 9 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lobby will be a long in a mionute to tell you the issues with the picture oin your sig... not rectangular, covering is rubbish etc etc..

Poor crowd, no atmosphere laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

#19 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (ckn @ Aug 9 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yours is borderline. Technically over the limit but probably just shy of really taking the mickey.

I'll see if I can make it smaller wink.gif

#20 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 9 2010, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll see if I can make it smaller wink.gif

Think of the Hetheringtons in bed together. That should do the trick.
People called Romans they go the house

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users