Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Up 'n' Under

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 goldcard

goldcard
  • Coach
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (John Rhino @ Aug 14 2010, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt if anyone watching will even know it is about league.

It came to the Derby playhouse a few years ago with Robbie Paul guesting. And despite yours truly helping at rehearsals they still included line outs and pretend rucks and mauls on the night.

Still, it's a good piece on stage, the way six or seven people can play both sides in a game and manage to create an atmosphere is wonderful.

Maybe they tailored it by location.
Definitely rugby league whan I saw it in Wythenshaw.
Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.
Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)
Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....
And again!!!Posted Image
Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

#22 Dean

Dean
  • Coach
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:46 PM

Even when it played at Woking it was very recognisably Rugby League.

There were lots of Play The Balls and definitely no sodding line-outs.

#23 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,772 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

Forgot to reply to this after I'd been.

Must say, I really enjoyed it. Very nice venue, although it was a shame that there were only around 60-70 people in a 4-500 seat venue, the cast deserved much better than that, but it was one of the most expensive shows at the festival, so wouldn't perhaps pick up the casual festival-goers who just turn up for shows on the day.

Abi Titmus was actually very good I must say, and the RL scenes really were excellent, I really enjoyed how they did it, and didn't expect so many action scenes, and certainly didn't expect them to work as well as they did!

It was pretty moving in parts, but overall it was a charming, witty piece of theatre, and after watching a pretty shocking (yet excellent) version of A Clockwork Orange just a couple of days earlier, this was a very welcome light-hearted 2hrs of entertainment!

If you get chance to see it, I'd recommend you make the effort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users