Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

If a French club is invited into Super League for 2012, which club would you want it to be?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (The Parksider @ Aug 11 2010, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohmy.gif 99% what's the 1%??

The RFL and trust don't sit well with us paranoid Widnes fans dry.gif
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#42 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,017 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:37 AM

Can't we just have one merged 'ParisSurtout's crazy expansion plans' thread?

#43 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

PS threads are good for a laugh if nothing else. The sad thing for me is French Rugby League is a big a joke as PS.

#44 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (Lounge Room Lizard @ Aug 11 2010, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PS threads are good for a laugh if nothing else. The sad thing for me is French Rugby League is a big a joke as PS.

That's a disgraceful thing to say. French Rugby League isn't that bad.

#45 BringBacktheBiff

BringBacktheBiff
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:41 PM

Is Super League currently broadcasted live in France? I think a second French team would attract more TV money from French Companys and in turn better sponsors. But unfortunatley there arent enough SL quality players in France to support 2 competetive teams. Maybe in 2015. I personally would like to see Widnes and Barrow added to SL in 2012 and expand to 16 teams. But again do we have enough SL quality players?

Edited by BringBacktheBiff, 11 August 2010 - 04:42 PM.

#46 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:45 PM

the cap has evened SL up a lot, promoted teams need a little time to acclimitise but will do okay, if the league scrutinises how teams currently get around the cap we could then see a more even competition

#47 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (bowes @ Aug 11 2010, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't we just have one merged 'ParisSurtout's crazy expansion plans' thread?

my bandwith aint big enough laugh.gif

#48 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (TheDuke @ Aug 11 2010, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the cap has evened SL up a lot, promoted teams need a little time to acclimitise but will do okay, if the league scrutinises how teams currently get around the cap we could then see a more even competition

That's true to an extent, but you can still pretty much predict which teams will be contesting the big matches every year. Only 5 of the 14 teams have contested a GF. And not too many people would've predicted at the start of the year that Salford and Harlequins would be any higher than they are now.

As for teams getting round the cap, you're joking of course. Every team plays exactly to the rules, don't they? wink.gif