Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Masons Stamping on Fielden.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Kol

Kol
  • Coach
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

The stamping incident on Fielden was a disgrace that could have ended Fieldens career.

I hope the RFL site this and call him in. He should get a long ban for something so deliberate.

#2 BulldogBurt

BulldogBurt
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

Ok it was deliberate and not a particularly nice thing to do but finish his career?! C'mon, he trod on his foot FFS!

#3 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (BulldogBurt @ Aug 16 2010, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok it was deliberate and not a particularly nice thing to do but finish his career?! C'mon, he trod on his foot FFS!

Agree, hardly career threatening was it.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#4 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Kol @ Aug 16 2010, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The stamping incident on Fielden was a disgrace that could have ended Fieldens career.

I hope the RFL site this and call him in. He should get a long ban for something so deliberate.

How long have you watched league ? What Mason did, he did to wind Fielden up not to hurt him. Yes it was wrong and if he gets a ban then fair enough, But end his career, did you see him limping at all.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#5 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,222 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:04 PM

was naughty, but no more than an attempt to wind him up, which it did, which also led to a great bit of biff!..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#6 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 420 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:05 PM

it was a disgraceful cowardly act IMO, and as a plyer i would have reacted the same way, although he did not jump on his ankle, hes a 16 stone bloke and could have put his full force through his foot there and done some serious damage, teh fact he wasnt injured is a blessing.

Funny how griffin had to bail mason out. he deserves a long long ban just becuase of the intention, he actually moved his ankle by hand first. disgrace,

#7 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

It was cowardly and petty but that and the fight seemed to do Fielden the world of good. He was as aggressively effective afterwards as he has been for ages afterwards. It was like Buzz getting re-set in Toy Story 3 - someone should do that to him every game.
There was nothing in it for mine.

#8 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Aug 16 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was cowardly and petty but that and the fight seemed to do Fielden the world of good. He was as aggressively effective afterwards as he has been for ages afterwards. It was like Buzz getting re-set in Toy Story 3 - someone should do that to him every game.

Fielden has been excellent these last few weeks.

If he can continue to play like this, then Wigan should give him a new contract, albeit on less money than he is reputedly on now.

Mason is just a c0ck. Always has been, and always will be. Nice to see him get a biffing though.

#9 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Kol @ Aug 16 2010, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He states could have. The act could have ended his career if he stamped harder or in different area. Can't believe people are accepting this behaviour or acting in favour of because fielden didn't get injured.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#10 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,089 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Aug 16 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fielden has been excellent these last few weeks.

If he can continue to play like this, then Wigan should give him a new contract, albeit on less money than he is reputedly on now.

Mason is just a c0ck. Always has been, and always will be. Nice to see him get a biffing though.
I've pretty much always been of the opinion that Fielden gets a lot of unfair stick from some Wigan and rival fans. Sure he has had a bad time in spells, and isn't necessarily as effective as he was five or 6 years ago, but he is still a bloody good prop.

For some reason people seem happy to see aplayer like him now struggle, when I actually really enjoy seeing props like him doing well, and if it's a bit of biff that winds him up then that's good for me.

I wouldn't be upset to see him at Warrington or in future England squads.

#11 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Mumby Magic @ Aug 16 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He states could have. The act could have ended his career if he stamped harder or in different area. Can't believe people are accepting this behaviour or acting in favour of because fielden didn't get injured.

You are missing the point mate.

Huddersfield players can never do anything wrong, ever. Nor can their fans.

Diomedes will be along any time soon, just to confirm the above.

Diomedes is so one-eyed he only ever posts in threads about Huddersfield, and that kind of sums it up really.

Happy to help.

#12 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Aug 16 2010, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Diomedes is so one-eyed he only ever posts in threads about Huddersfield, and that kind of sums it up really.

Happy to help.

You are BOAB and I claim my 5

#13 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:23 PM

Happy to help.

O right wink.gif

Wendall school of bias is it? biggrin.gif

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#14 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Aug 16 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are BOAB and I claim my 5

Wrong again. No surprise there then.

#15 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Aug 16 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wrong again. No surprise there then.

Jeez, lighten up, you lose to Huddersfield and it's all this, ffs
Of course being a wigan fan you are right about everything, par for the course then eh.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 16 August 2010 - 03:26 PM.

#16 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Aug 16 2010, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jeez, lighten up, you lose to Huddersfield and it's all this, ffs
Of course being a wigan fan you are right about everything, par for the course then eh.

Whatever.

rolleyes.gif

#17 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Aug 16 2010, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whatever.

rolleyes.gif

Talk to the hand girlfriend!

#18 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Aug 16 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nicely summed up, a bit of biff always livens the front rowers up

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#19 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

We is angels

Word up

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#20 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Aug 16 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We is angels

Word up

Innit, though.