• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (dkw @ Aug 17 2010, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Erm, have you ever played the game? I can tell you now that so called "low down tricks" have existed in our game for quite some time. Ive seen similar to what Mason did many many times, standing on hands, raking thighs, facials (stop giggling in the back) etc. It goes on and has gone on for a long long time.

You missed one off, getting your knackers squeezed

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#42 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Aug 17 2010, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, along with head buts, gouging (though I've only seen that from RU players playing League), cheap shots in the scrum etc.

I've seen a few bad stamping incidents in amateur RL, usually when the ref isn't looking and in games without touch judges. Never good - sends the fans who see it a bit mental and usually causes on-field ructions.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#43 The Best The Beautiful The Only

The Best The Beautiful The Only
  • Coach
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:23 PM

I once saw Ellery Hanley stamp on Paul Dixons hand in freezing cold weather at Valley Parade.
Dixon was not impressed.

#44 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Aug 17 2010, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Somehow its worse when they only manage to grab one knacker, had that done and that was proper painful.

#45 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

Mason 3 matches, Fielden 1.

#46 RP London

RP London
  • Coach
  • 12,678 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (West Country Eagle @ Aug 17 2010, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, along with head buts, gouging (though I've only seen that from RU players playing League), cheap shots in the scrum etc.

I've seen a few bad stamping incidents in amateur RL, usually when the ref isn't looking and in games without touch judges. Never good - sends the fans who see it a bit mental and usually causes on-field ructions.

had somone grab my ###### this summer.. told him in no uncertain terms to get off them.. he called me gay... i think he wasnt aware of irony..

#47 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

Griffin got a match as well, which seems harsh since he was simply the one that Fielden blamed for it.

Otherwise its a fair ban, which is unusual for the RFL and shows their inconsistancy and club bias.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users