TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Brian Noble to face RFL investigation.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

http://www.skysports...6315595,00.html

It's not looking good for Nobby if he had to be restrained by the fourth official. I wonder what might have happened if he hadn't been?

Unfortunately, it seems Referee James Child brings out the worse in some people in the game. Didn't John Kear have a few words about him a while back or was it somebody else?

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#2 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:37 PM

This could be Noble's parting shot at RL.

#3 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:40 PM

I'm sure Mick would appear as a witness for Nobles defence. He could take a dossier with all his forum rants about Mr Childs

#4 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

Surely getting arrested twice in 2 years is a hell of a lot worse that a little 'ref abuse'?
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#5 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

admitedly I've only seen the incident once at normal speed but the penalty decision looked a joke to me.
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

#6 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,532 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:14 PM

Childs is a rubbbish referee. He should be rounded up and shot, or else demoted to Keighley.

#7 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:23 AM

bit harsh on noble he walked down the touchline shouting and balling then through his water bottle on the floor but stopped at the edge of his box, the 4th ref then walked and stood infront of him (he hardly had to restrain him) huh.gif
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#8 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:13 PM

Its OK Cummins the Clown will defend his match Officials no matter what. The sooner Cummins goes and somebody not so arrogant and prepared to admit faults comes in, the better. The standards of match officials across the Pro League is poor. That comes down to Cummins.

#9 Bulligerent

Bulligerent
  • Coach
  • 890 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:26 PM

Child has too often been at the centre of this sort of 'controversy' for my liking and i've said it before and i'm sure i will say it again; too often he is a major influencing factor (or rather his performances are) on a result, more so than the players he is refereeing.

NB: That is not me saying he is bent, rather implying that his own poor interpretation of the rules and moreover his bafflingly inconsistent application of them have a detremental effect on the quality of most of the games i have watched him ref since he came onto the SL scene particularly.

#10 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Bulligerent @ Aug 17 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Child has too often been at the centre of this sort of 'controversy' for my liking and i've said it before and i'm sure i will say it again; too often he is a major influencing factor (or rather his performances are) on a result, more so than the players he is refereeing.

NB: That is not me saying he is bent, rather implying that his own poor interpretation of the rules and moreover his bafflingly inconsistent application of them have a detremental effect on the quality of most of the games i have watched him ref since he came onto the SL scene particularly.

Quite a few Championship club coaches have moaned about his performances in the past. I seem to recall Mark Aston having a go in the press after one Eagles game last year.

That said, Mark Aston does have previous when criticising referees. He's been better this year, though. Good job - it's really unhelpful and probably just winds Cummings and company up. Much better the 'softly softly' approach.

There was one young kid who reffed the Sheffield-Widnes game at the start of this season who was utterly incompetent. He probably would be a great ref with more experience, but he lost control of the game within about 10 minutes and all hell broke loose for 70 minutes - not helped by Thackray laying out Sam Barlow with a flying elbow (unpunished by the officials).
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#11 GazCoops

GazCoops
  • Coach
  • 396 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (jackknife @ Aug 17 2010, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bit harsh on noble he walked down the touchline shouting and balling then through his water bottle on the floor but stopped at the edge of his box, the 4th ref then walked and stood infront of him (he hardly had to restrain him) huh.gif

There was more to it than what was shown on telly, he went nuts after the kick went over, kicking over a advertising board, he followed Child down the tunnel still arguing with him, apparently they had to stop Noble going into the refs changing room after the match. I think he also confronted Child during half time also.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users