BBC Four Nations Games

I wonder how good the coverage is going to be with it going out at 6am in the morning over here.

I hope they at least professional about their coverage and set up a studio down under and don't just take the easy option of having all the studio and guests/commentary team based here in the UK with their input pasted over the Channel Nine/Fox Sports coverage.

I wonder how good the coverage is going to be with it going out at 6am in the morning over here.

I hope they at least professional about their coverage and set up a studio down under and don't just take the easy option of having all the studio and guests/commentary team based here in the UK with their input pasted over the Channel Nine/Fox Sports coverage.

What game will BBC show?

If they had the rights to the whole tournament, perhaps I'd agree. But all that for one match, broadcast early in the morning? I doubt it, and I wouldn't blame them.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If they had the rights to the whole tournament, perhaps I'd agree. But all that for one match, broadcast early in the morning? I doubt it, and I wouldn't blame them.

If the BBC did have the rights to the whole tournament, they would probably tell us that they didn't and that rugby had sold its soul to Sky anyway.

Claire Balding with Ray French and Jiffy in the studio. Damien Johnson will be sent to Aus to provide a flavour of the atmosphere and we will get Ray Warren commentating - which will be a blessing.

People called Romans they go the house

The BBC has the right to two games, just like last year.

Australia vs England and Australia vs PNG.

Sky have the rest and the final.

You reckon?.. we'll be lucky to get highlights of the games.

The Four Nations is listed on the BBC's site that says what RL they are showing this year.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yet more irrational bashing of the BBC's tv coverage of RL, which IMHO is second to none at the moment.

They did two live games from the last 4N, including a live game between Australia and France (when have they ever done that) and covered them well.

I would certainly expect that Dave Woods would be over there and probably commentating on the couple of games the BBC get.

I would certainly expect that Dave Woods would be over there and probably commentating on the couple of games the BBC get.

They've sent people over to Oz before when they just had highlights so I can't see why they wouldn't this time.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The BBC has the right to two games, just like last year.

Australia vs England and Australia vs PNG.

Sky have the rest and the final.

Are these fixtures confirmed for the BBC Mick or just speculation?

Edited by Scubby

Are these fixtures confirmed for the BBC Mick or just speculation?

Just speculation but with Sky having the final means the BBC get the first pick out of the group games so I think it's nailed on which game they will go for, Sky will then get the England games vs New Zealand and Papua New Guineaplus the New Zealand vs Australia game leaving the BBC Australia v Papua New Guinea.

Sat 23rd Oct: New Zealand v England, kick-off 8:00am

Sun 24th Oct: Australia v Papua New Guinea, kick-off 6:00am

Sat 30th Oct: New Zealand v Papua New Guinea, kick-off 6:00am

Sun 31st Oct, Australia v England, kick-off 8:00am

Sat 6th Nov, England v Papua New Guinea, kick-off 4:45am

Sat 6th Nov, New Zealand v Australia, kick-off 7:00am

Sat 13th Nov, Four Nations Tournament Final, kick-off 9:00am

I don't know about you but getting up at 4:00am for the England v Papua New Guinea game looks great doesn't it. :D

Sat 23rd Oct: New Zealand v England, kick-off 8:00am BBC

Sun 24th Oct: Australia v Papua New Guinea, kick-off 6:00am BBC

I guess that makes sense with both games being played over the same weekend.

Claire Balding with Ray French and Jiffy in the studio. Damien Johnson will be sent to Aus to provide a flavour of the atmosphere and we will get Ray Warren commentating - which will be a blessing.

That NRL lot, channel 9(?), are really not that good.