England 4 Nations Team

Play-maker? What about Longy?

O'Loughlan is a good round-the-legs tackler??? Ay? When was his last tackle below voicebox height? :D

Who takes a blind bit of notice what you say, you think Jamie Peacock is a ###### player.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 tomkins s

2 hall

3 shenton

4 yeaman

5 briscoe

6 eastmond

7 myler

8 morley c

9 sinfield

10 graham

11 ellis

12 burgess

13 O'Loughlin

14 roby

15 westwood

16 crabtree

17 tomkin j

others from bridge, fox, gleeson, mcguire, lunt, lynch, fielding, wilkin, scruton

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

What! No Willie Manu?!?!... :D

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Widdop

Briscoe

Cudjoe

Shenton

Hall

Tomkins

Eastmond

Morley

Roby

Graham

Burgess

Ellis

O'Loughlin

Subs- pick 4 from:-

Westwood

Lynch

Lomax

Crabtree

Harrison

Lunt

McGuire

Pryce

J Tomkins

McCarthy Scarsbrook

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

O'LOughlin also played for England last year, but yeah, whatever.

And?

I presume you are now going to regale me with a shedful of stats that show he was a useles liability in that game, who gave way 40 penalties, and contributed nothing apart from a few head tackles?

If not, then what's your point?

The point that O'Loughlin's international career has been stalled by injury in the last few years does not become invalid just because he played a game for England last year.

And?

I presume you are now going to regale me with a shedful of stats that show he was a useles liability in that game, who gave way 40 penalties, and contributed nothing apart from a few head tackles?

If not, then what's your point?

The point that O'Loughlin's international career has been stalled by injury in the last few years does not become invalid just because he played a game for England last year.

Nothing like quoting "FACTS" then simply moving on when they those "FACTS" turn out to be Sh*te

Thats "GOLD"

They say "FACTS" taste good, I say that depends on the quality of those "FACTS" some are just Sh*te posted to bluff others into submission.

:lol:

Edited by AndyCapp

1. Widdop (switching with Tomkins throughout games)

2. Fox

3. Shenton

4. Briscoe

5. Hall

6. S Tomkins

7. Eastmond

8. Graham

9. Sinfield

10. Morley

11. Burgess

12. Ellis

13. O'Loughlin

14. Roby

15. Crabtree

16. Lynch

17. J Tomkins/Westwood/Heighington

After going through the pages I almost forgot what I was going to say.

I agree with whoever brought up the point of too many playmakers. I see that in England, and especially don't like it when it's a forward. Might as well play one man down instead cus that's effectively how it plays out. Ball-handling forwards are different, and some might put Graham in that category, but i've seen him try passing in Tests and it hasn't produced anything yet. Just cart it up, you big lump, that's what'll worry the defence most. Likewise, Sinfield should stop being a second 5/8 at lock and just stay at hooker where he can direct attack from the distribution point and engage the line with with scoots out of dummy half. In short, stay close to the ruck.

EDIT: I did forget my other point. Biggest blunder for England last Four Nations was the almost robotic refusal to spread the ball wide against Australia. There were times when they earnt the space out wide, but just send it straight up the middle again. Had to be part of the gameplan, there's no other reason for it. I got told it was because your backs can't match ours. That's true, but there's nothing but empty space to match in the examples i'm thinking of.

Edited by CGD

I dont get peoples obsession with picking Peter Fox ?

I know we're short of wingers but in last years 4N he was pretty awful and he's hardly set SL alight this year either.

My first choice wingers would be Hall & Briscoe but if either fo those wasn't available i'd prefer to see a young player like Chris Riley, Will Sharpe or Michael Lawrence given a go before a someone like Fox.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I think that Gleeson has looked superb recently and would play him and Gleeson in the centres. Briscoe and Hall seem much better players than Fox for mine. Unsurprisingly I would have Lockers at 13 (he was motm against the Kiwis rather than mots).

I think Peacock's absence may be a blessing in disguise, as he seems to me to have never dominated internationally as he does at club level. If we could see 60 minutes of Morley and Graham we would be in like flynn in the forwards with Sinny and Roby at 9 and Burgess and Ellis in the second row.

The halves pick themselves, and Widdop would go well at 1, so that just leaves a few subs.

Nothing like quoting "FACTS" then simply moving on when they those "FACTS" turn out to be Sh*te

Thats "GOLD"

They say "FACTS" taste good, I say that depends on the quality of those "FACTS" some are just Sh*te posted to bluff others into submission.

WTF would you know about facts?

Apart from some pretty obvious lessons in how to use capitals in bold, I don't actually recall you having an opininion on anything.

Back to bed lad, the nurse will be along soon with your meds.

I see no-one has mentioned Kirk Yeaman in the centres. I've not seen him much this season, but he has played at centre for one of the leagues top teams, has stats similar, if not better than Shenton and on a par with Bridge. The last time he played for GB he was one of the better players.

Surely he would be in with a shout?

And I think Martin Gleeson should be a shoe in for one of the centre spots.

1. Richie Mathers

2. Kevin Penny

3. Michael Platt

4. Lee Smith

5. Keith Dixon

6. Paul Sykes

7. Danny Brough

8. Danny Sculthorpe

9. Wayne Godwin

10. Craig Huby

11. Ian Sibbit

12. Matt Cook

13. Paul Cooke

14. John Roby

15. Maurie Faasavalu

16. Danny Ward

17. Stuart Reardon

I'm Welsh

:D;)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1. Richie Mathers

2. Kevin Penny

3. Michael Platt

4. Lee Smith

5. Keith Dixon

6. Paul Sykes

7. Danny Brough

8. Danny Sculthorpe

9. Wayne Godwin

10. Craig Huby

11. Ian Sibbit

12. Matt Cook

13. Paul Cooke

14. John Roby

15. Maurie Faasavalu

16. Danny Ward

17. Stuart Reardon

I'm Welsh

:D;)

It shows :P

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

I think that Gleeson has looked superb recently and would play him and Gleeson in the centres. Briscoe and Hall seem much better players than Fox for mine. Unsurprisingly I would have Lockers at 13 (he was motm against the Kiwis rather than mots).

I think Peacock's absence may be a blessing in disguise, as he seems to me to have never dominated internationally as he does at club level. If we could see 60 minutes of Morley and Graham we would be in like flynn in the forwards with Sinny and Roby at 9 and Burgess and Ellis in the second row.

The halves pick themselves, and Widdop would go well at 1, so that just leaves a few subs.

I think you are perhaps being a touch harsh on Peacock there, he has certainly taken the game to the Aussies and Kiwis each time he has played them.

I do agree that it may be a blessing in disguise though and a chance to bring in some fresh blood in that position. Graham and Morley will make solid yards all day for you and it would be good to have a bit of change of pace and energy to come into those positions and possibly step up the tempo.

As a Wire fan I am slightly biased but Paul Wood has been outstanding so far this year, and it is gutting to see how his potential International career has been ruined by injuries, including a broken arm (IIRC) in his one GB game. The likes of Lynch, Crabtree, Fielden as well as a few others would do a good job IMHO.

I see no-one has mentioned Kirk Yeaman in the centres. I've not seen him much this season, but he has played at centre for one of the leagues top teams, has stats similar, if not better than Shenton and on a par with Bridge. The last time he played for GB he was one of the better players.

Surely he would be in with a shout?

And I think Martin Gleeson should be a shoe in for one of the centre spots.

Yeaman's having a good season at Hull but is paying the price for two or three very ordinary seasons since 2006 when he was terrific. He also declared himself unavailable the last time we sent a team down under due to an impending birth, IIRC. Don't know whether or not selectors sulk over things like that.

Also you seem to be getting confused about who he plays for... ;)

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Tomkins

Hall

Senior

Bridge

D.Hodgson

Eastmond

Robinson

Graham

Sinfield

Morley

Burgess

Ellis

O'Loughlin

Crabtree

Roby

Pryce

J.Tomkins

I have put Hodgson in for his experience and tries scored this season.

I have Put Robbo in at SH as I think he can open up the aussies alot better than any other due to the way he takes the ball upto the line then pops it out. Fancy footwork will only get you so far against the convicts!

WTF would you know about facts?

Apart from some pretty obvious lessons in how to use capitals in bold, I don't actually recall you having an opininion on anything.

Back to bed lad, the nurse will be along soon with your meds.

What do I know about facts?

Couldn't be less than you it seems, I don't keep telling others about supposed "facts" that are wrong like you.

:D

Edited by AndyCapp