Photo
- - - - -

Warrington Wolves v Hull FC

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Warrington (10 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. Hull FC (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 FullFat

FullFat
  • Players
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Aug 24 2010, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the Riley issue, whether he's good enough or not...... it's down to opinions.

I like the lad, just makes too many mistakes (MHO)

Games Played 26
Tries scored 25
Assists 5
Errors 20
Miss tackles 26

He will not been 1st or 2nd choice winger on the team sheet next year.
and he will have to improve errors and miss tackles to dislodge hicks or king.

Opinions are what make the worldgo round and the discussion about this is great, I'll watch him from a different perspective next time that's for sure! Wow an actual discussion about a player and technique this definitely wouldn't happen on rlfans!

#82 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (FullFat @ Aug 24 2010, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Opinions are what make the worldgo round and the discussion about this is great, I'll watch him from a different perspective next time that's for sure! Wow an actual discussion about a player and technique this definitely wouldn't happen on rlfans!

LOL.

Lets hope its the positives you see on saturday and not the negatives.

One thing, Riley is the future, he will learn from Hodgson (remember riley is a FB) and he's a Warrington lad.

Enjoy Wembley. sorry and welcome to the board

Now the Wire

#83 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,092 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

If any of you feuding Wire lot would like a Tom Briscoe T-shirt, they're available from the on line Hull FC shop.... tongue.gif biggrin.gif

http://www.hullfc.co...?id_product=747

If you're very lucky, you may get a Peter Fox one from our East Hull friend's shop...but I doubt it. rolleyes.gif

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#84 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,844 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Aug 24 2010, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the Riley issue, whether he's good enough or not...... it's down to opinions.

I like the lad, just makes too many mistakes (MHO)

Games Played 26
Tries scored 25
Assists 5
Errors 20
Miss tackles 26

He will not been 1st or 2nd choice winger on the team sheet next year.
and he will have to improve errors and miss tackles to dislodge hicks or king.

Pat Richards is a fine winger, and often talked about as some sort of RL God on this forum.

Appearances 26
Tackles 75 (against Riley's 106)
Missed tackles 15
Errors 24

Much difference? No - so kindly pull your head out of your Aussie-loving *rse.

Now let's compare with some of the players who will be picked ahead of Riley this autumn.

Peter Fox
Tries 12
Missed Tackled 37
Errors 30
Try Assists 0 (Riley 5)

Ryan Hall

Tries 23
Tackles 100
Missed tackles 20
Errors 39

Adie Gardner
Tries 14
Tackles 63
Missed tackles 9
Errors 20

Tom Briscoe

Tries 13
Tackles 93
Missed tackles 14
Errors 15

I would suggest that taking those figures as a (very rough) guide, Riley compares well with any British winger in the league - Tom Briscoe's stats are good, in two fewer games than Riley. Riley, however, gets over the whitewash the most, despite having played outside Atkins for less than a full season.

So, please, STFU and get behind a young Warrington-born, Warrington-produced player fighting his guts out for his hometown club.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#85 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Aug 24 2010, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If any of you feuding Wire lot would like a Tom Briscoe T-shirt, they're available from the on line Hull FC shop.... tongue.gif biggrin.gif

http://www.hullfc.co...?id_product=747

If you're very lucky, you may get a Peter Fox one from our East Hull friend's shop...but I doubt it. rolleyes.gif

I would not know what to do with a Tom Briscoe T shirt,I am "clueless." rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif Maybe you could give me a hint? happy.gif
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#86 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Just Browny @ Aug 24 2010, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pat Richards is a fine winger, and often talked about as some sort of RL God on this forum.

Appearances 26
Tackles 75 (against Riley's 106)
Missed tackles 15
Errors 24

Much difference? No - so kindly pull your head out of your Aussie-loving *rse.

Now let's compare with some of the players who will be picked ahead of Riley this autumn.

Peter Fox
Tries 12
Missed Tackled 37
Errors 30
Try Assists 0 (Riley 5)

Ryan Hall

Tries 23
Tackles 100
Missed tackles 20
Errors 39

Adie Gardner
Tries 14
Tackles 63
Missed tackles 9
Errors 20

Tom Briscoe

Tries 13
Tackles 93
Missed tackles 14
Errors 15

I would suggest that taking those figures as a (very rough) guide, Riley compares well with any British winger in the league - Tom Briscoe's stats are good, in two fewer games than Riley. Riley, however, gets over the whitewash the most, despite having played outside Atkins for less than a full season.

So, please, STFU and get behind a young Warrington-born, Warrington-produced player fighting his guts out for his hometown club.

Class, JB returns to the forum after many months, without a comment, Wires get to Wembley and he is on the band wagon......... and asking me to STFU and am an Aussie Lover.

Well JB, read all my threads and you'll find i disagree with the number of overseas or even resident type players.........so a polite up yours mate.

I have told you i like Riley, but he makes tooooooo many mistakes / errors.... end of.

and for the record i don't give a flying f about any other wingers in the league i'm concerned about riley.

(and so should riley as he will not get a first team spot next year)

so rather than a wire v wire rant over and out for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users