Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Bulls v Wakefield Wildcats

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Bradford Bulls v Wakefield Wildcats (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Bradford (9 votes [56.25%])

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

2. Wakefield (7 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,973 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

The 19-man squad is:

Kearney, Halley, L'Estrange, Hall, Lynch, Sheriffe, Scruton, Finigan, Kopczak, Olbison, Menzies, Addy, Godwin, Crookes, Sykes, Whitehead, Worrincy, Langley, Platt.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#42 nath155

nath155
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:11 AM

with how bradfords been playing and wakefield unlucky not to be closer to warrignton last week then i think wakefield 34 bradford 20

#43 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Aug 20 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aww, get in! It will be ace to see super-Glenn back at Odsal. Woo!

I've got a lot of time for Glenn Morrison. He's the sort of all action, 100% player with plenty of skill that any fan, of any club, would be delighted to have in their team. I'm sure he'll get a good reception from the Odsal faithful.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#44 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:17 PM

Bradford by 4 and don't write off next week - apparently the Pies have lost 4 out of their last 5 home games ohmy.gif

#45 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

Just been listening to Ridings Fm in the car.The DJ called both teams "the worst ever to grace super league" and commented "if I didn't have to cover it I wouldn't go".Good man.
Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#46 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Aug 21 2010, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just been listening to Ridings Fm in the car.The DJ called both teams "the worst ever to grace super league" and commented "if I didn't have to cover it I wouldn't go".Good man.

Man in I'd rather not be at work shock..................yawn blink.gif

Mind, I know where he's coming from and I'll be glad when it's the end of the season and I don't have to go for a month or two wacko.gif

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#47 goldcard

goldcard
  • Coach
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:21 PM

2 teams who have forgotten how to win.
However, as likely as a draw sounds, I think Bradford will somehow forget to lose this week, and end Wakey's play-off hopes.
The players meeting the last remaining fans after the game is a nice touch, it'll be a cheap round anyway.... wink.gif
Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.
Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)
Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....
And again!!!Posted Image
Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

#48 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

I want to know if I'll ever commentate on a Bulls win?

#49 Fully

Fully
  • Coach
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 21 2010, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to know if I'll ever commentate on a Bulls win?

Who do you commentate for or do you just do it into a dictaphone or something?

#50 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

So the Bulls finally get that elusive win. Too little, too late, though in truth. Hope it lifts the gloom for our resident Bulls fans. smile.gif

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#51 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,570 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:18 PM

Two poor teams and a poor ref, but it was an enjoyable game to watch.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#52 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

I'm still at Odsal in the Marquee drinking at happy hour prices and all the talk is about my commentary today which is making me rather emotional.

What's made today really great is after the game I met the visually impaired and disabled supporters who had taken in my commentary who all had encouraging words of praise.

One of these supporters was blind and he said that because of my commentary he would defiantly be renewing his season pass next season.

Because now that there is my commentary he said his daughter doesn't have to spend all game constantly telling him where the ball and action is.

Unbeknown to me Peter Hood and Ryan Ducket spent five minutes listening in and said that it was fantastic and well worth the 2000 spend on the equipment.

Things couldn't be better for the club at the minute with the 60 season tickets and the great performance out there on the field today.

Just how good was Danny Addy out there in defence and attack.

The gap he made after breaking the Wakefield tackle to pass on the inside to Steve Menzies for are final try was the stuff of fairytales.

Amazing try and if it doesn't get try of the week in League Express then I don't know what will.

#53 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Wolford6 @ Aug 22 2010, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Two poor teams and a poor ref, but it was an enjoyable game to watch.

Tell you what though, the Odsal core are top class. Every week, despite what's been on offer, the team come onto the pitch to a standing ovation. The Chairman comes onto the pitch, and given the period that he has presided over, was given a fair hearing and went off to cheers and applause. It's hard to think of many other clubs whose fans have been so understanding. I mean, Saints fans were booing at the first home game of the season, and Rhinos fans were booing early season also.

I felt really proud of our lot this afternoon. We've got plenty to be optimistic about.

Oh, and I spied 'Tommy the Cat' today... biggrin.gif
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#54 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:33 PM

Bloody hell, Bradford were lucky wi the ref for 2 forward passes for tries!

Cummins Out.

#55 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:41 PM

Addy, Platt, and Kopczak (who IMO should be rewarded with a contract extension after the last few games, he's really upped his work effort) made some good yards for us today along with the usual gut busting efforts from Lynch, Langley and Scruton.

Kearney's kick behind the Wakefield line for Whitehead to touch-down was sublime with pin-point accuracy. It was great to see the move unfold in front of me before it did.

I thought Godwin took his tries well, especially his second just on the hooter, showing a nice little scoop from dummy half to crash over the line taking three Wakefield players with him.

But the best try of the game for mine was the Addy break and the outside pass to Menzies to score our/his last try at Odsal this season.

It couldn't have been scripted better could it.

If Worrincy could play all next season like he did today then I would extend his contract by a year, because I thought he really stood up today to the terrace abusive chanters.

He made a number of key crucial tackles early on and very nearly went over in the second half for his third try of the season (well did go over the line, he just couldn't get the ball down).

I thought Sam Obst was Wakefield's best player who caused us no end of trouble close to the line with that dinky run of his and astute kicking game.

Jeffries and Morrison also had fair games, putting some good runs and passes together.

Yes it was scrappy at times with a period in both halfs when Wakefield would knock-on and then just seconds later from the scrum/play the ball, we would do likeiwse and vice versa, so come full time it was just so relieving to stop the bus at 12 and leave the ground with a win.

I had a gander at the Marquee once I had packed everything away, and saw Peter Hood and the players all integrating with the supporters which was great to see.

It really does feel as if the board are going full tilt at turning this ship around by maing her head in the right direction to a top four finish in 2011.

COME ON YOU BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Tommy The C5t, 22 August 2010 - 08:50 PM.

#56 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (Konkrete @ Aug 22 2010, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tell you what though, the Odsal core are top class. Every week, despite what's been on offer, the team come onto the pitch to a standing ovation. The Chairman comes onto the pitch, and given the period that he has presided over, was given a fair hearing and went off to cheers and applause. It's hard to think of many other clubs whose fans have been so understanding. I mean, Saints fans were booing at the first home game of the season, and Rhinos fans were booing early season also.

I felt really proud of our lot this afternoon. We've got plenty to be optimistic about.

Oh, and I spied 'Tommy the Cat' today... biggrin.gif

That's where I always sit mate, you should have come and said hello if I wasn't commentating a few other forum members off RL Fans came over to talk to me at half-time/full-time.

#57 nath155

nath155
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:48 PM

would of been nice to say bradford deserved it but tbh nobody deserved anything in that game so poor all round the highlight of the game was leaving. wakefield just gave bradford it on a silver plate and im glad they took it.

#58 nath155

nath155
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Konkrete @ Aug 22 2010, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im a wakefield fan but i full on agreed i went thats loyal support for you 12 game losing streak and the ones who were there today were loud but your chairman is so boring it took him half hour just to get out what he was saying

#59 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (nath155 @ Aug 22 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im a wakefield fan but i full on agreed i went thats loyal support for you 12 game losing streak and the ones who were there today were loud but your chairman is so boring it took him half hour just to get out what he was saying

He was saying it slow so the hacks in front of me could get every word he said tongue.gif

Edited by Tommy The C5t, 22 August 2010 - 08:47 PM.

#60 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

I thought I'd put a couple of pics up.

The Popular Side at 13:45

My view from the commentary box

After the game as I head towards the Marquee to meet the players

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users