Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Josh Charnley.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:57 PM

Making his debut for Wigan perhaps.

http://www.guardian....y-wigan-hull-kr

Unusual situation for the lad, hope he gets a good reception from the home crowd. (And a hat trick, obviously. biggrin.gif )

Also best wishes to Chev Walker, making his return for Hull KR's academy team after that horrific injury a while back.

Off to have a lie down in a darkened room now. ninja.gif

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

I'm not up to speed with Wigan's injuries (and will probably get ripped to bits by Hanners for it!) but I reckon Charnley will be 18th man at most. A shame really, but he is a Wigan player, and most clubs don't allow loan players to play against the parent club, the only notable exception I can think of is Matty Smith and St Helens. But still, not great for the lad.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

very short on backs wigan at the mo' i can see him making the team, it would be very strange for him.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#4 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:47 PM

Unusual to say the least.

I just hope Wigan win on Sunday because I don't fancy them needing to beat us on the final day of the season at the DW for the League leaders shield.

#5 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Aug 18 2010, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not up to speed with Wigan's injuries (and will probably get ripped to bits by Hanners for it!) but I reckon Charnley will be 18th man at most. A shame really, but he is a Wigan player, and most clubs don't allow loan players to play against the parent club, the only notable exception I can think of is Matty Smith and St Helens. But still, not great for the lad.

I think he has a good chance of making the team to be honest.

Gleeson out, Carmont out. Marsh played on Sunday so Maguire isn't afraid of giving these lads a go.

For me, even if Carmont wasn't injured, I would drop Karl Pryce and give Charnley a go.

Pryce looked so slow against Huddersfield it was embarrassing.

#6 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Aug 19 2010, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he has a good chance of making the team to be honest.

Gleeson out, Carmont out. Marsh played on Sunday so Maguire isn't afraid of giving these lads a go.

For me, even if Carmont wasn't injured, I would drop Karl Pryce and give Charnley a go.

Pryce looked so slow against Huddersfield it was embarrassing.

I agree - I'd hope Goulding is back to replace Pryce on the wing, with Charnley to replace Carmont if not fit.

So much for Wigan relying on imports and foreigners - Charnley would be the 16th player produced by Wigan's academy to play in the first team this season and the 20th English born.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#7 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:33 PM

Rumours are that he'll play off the bench.
Wigan players out,
Phelps, Roberts? Gleeson, Carmont, Fielden, Prescott, McIlorum, O'Carroll, Bailey, Mossop & Pryce dropped.
If HKR can't win this they'll never beat Wigan!
Should Wigan lose then they will have to beat Bradford to get the League Leaders Shield.

#8 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (Father Ted @ Aug 19 2010, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rumours are that he'll play off the bench.
Wigan players out,
Phelps, Roberts? Gleeson, Carmont, Fielden, Prescott, McIlorum, O'Carroll, Bailey, Mossop & Pryce dropped.
If HKR can't win this they'll never beat Wigan!
Should Wigan lose then they will have to beat Bradford to get the League Leaders Shield.

Nonesense, take your blinkers off. Your not the only team to have injuries. We have all 4 of our 1st choice Centres out. Plus our best Forward and other injury doubts over serveral more.

#9 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,454 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (Brigg Rover @ Aug 20 2010, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nonesense, take your blinkers off. Your not the only team to have injuries. We have all 4 of our 1st choice Centres out. Plus our best Forward and other injury doubts over serveral more.

And arguably your most important player.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#10 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:38 PM

I was not wearing blinkers!

The Wigan absentees are known to me as a Wigan supporter, the HKR ones are not.
I am aware of Walker, Webster, Welham & Galea and that's it. I don't think for a minute that those are HKR's only injured players, I'm just not aware of who they are.
The list of names I put there was for info not some declaration or implication of Wigan's problem being far greater compared to that of HKR who have none!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users