TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford and Odsal

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (PC @ Aug 21 2010, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We got over 24,000 people in that stadium for an SL game once. We used to average over 15,000 in that stadium. I don't think Odsal is the issue.

Absolutely. Fans don't say to themselves "I'm not going to watch the game today because the ground is ######." They say "I'm not going to watch the game today because the team are ######." Or something similar.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#62 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (PC @ Aug 21 2010, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We got over 24,000 people in that stadium for an SL game once. We used to average over 15,000 in that stadium. I don't think Odsal is the issue.

We got over 30,000 people in Hilton Park for a game once. We used to average over 15,000 in that stadium. I didn't think Hilton Park was the issue, but actually in the modern day circa 2010+ it was not suitable

You cannot live in the past. Folk want atmosphere, facilities and they don't want to get wet. Bradford need to get a Saints style new ground because in theory they should be able to attract good gates again as a city club.

This will not happen at Odsal in the modern day, due to the accretion effect - big crowds generate bigger crowds due to atmosphere which may be the big factor for new fans. Some new fans just don't want to get wet. Three quaters of Odsal is not covered.

Time to move on

I just want the day when all clubs in the top two tiers are promotable and relegatable on the grounds of on-the-pitch because the other stuff is in place

#63 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:57 AM

If Bradford were at risk of losing their license, they'd just move to Valley Parade.

Whether Lobby likes it or not, the Bulls are here to stay - and Leigh are destined to forever be a 'Small town in Wigan'.

biggrin.gif

Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#64 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,621 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (tonyXIII @ Aug 21 2010, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Absolutely. Fans don't say to themselves "I'm not going to watch the game today because the ground is ######."

no but first time vistors, who like o enjoy their leisure time in civilised surroundings might, and probably do.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#65 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (tonyXIII @ Aug 21 2010, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Absolutely. Fans don't say to themselves "I'm not going to watch the game today because the ground is ######." They say "I'm not going to watch the game today because the team are ######." Or something similar.

But away fans will and do just that.

###### ground = fewer away fans

Fewer away fans = less atmosphere

Less atmosphere = fewer fans

fewer fans = reduced income

reduced income = poorer team

poorer team = frustrated fans

frustrated fans = stay away fans

stay away fans = reduced income

reduced income = reduced expectation

reduced expectation = reduced ambition

reduced ambition= Baradford Bulls 2011 and into the future

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#66 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,735 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (Lobbygobbler @ Aug 21 2010, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just want the day when all clubs in the top two tiers are promotable and relegatable on the grounds of on-the-pitch because the other stuff is in place

Your day has come, has it not, for that is now the case.

#67 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,735 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (Manx RL @ Aug 21 2010, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fewer fans = reduced income.

Any idea what the revenue effect will be of Bulls reduced crowds this season? 250,000? 125,000? if that were re figure, what effect would that have overall?

#68 PC

PC
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (Lobbygobbler @ Aug 21 2010, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We got over 30,000 people in Hilton Park for a game once. We used to average over 15,000 in that stadium. I didn't think Hilton Park was the issue, but actually in the modern day circa 2010+ it was not suitable

You cannot live in the past. Folk want atmosphere, facilities and they don't want to get wet. Bradford need to get a Saints style new ground because in theory they should be able to attract good gates again as a city club.

This will not happen at Odsal in the modern day, due to the accretion effect - big crowds generate bigger crowds due to atmosphere which may be the big factor for new fans. Some new fans just don't want to get wet. Three quaters of Odsal is not covered.

Time to move on

I'm talking in the SL era, are you? I'm not living in the past, and I appreciate that Odsal needs work, or the Bulls need a new stadium. However, Odsal is not as bad people like yourself make out. Hilton Park was a hovel of a stadium, Odsal is too big and too exposed. it has all the facilities needed for a modern stadium, but just doesn't look as good as the JJB and the KC.

As has been said, the Bulls have trying very hard to get a stadium. We've had funding and plans done, but the rug was pulled by a Bradford based company. We've tried the supermarket option, that didn't work. We don't have a sugar daddy and we don't have a council willing to build us a stadium. Are you really saying that the club and it's fans should be relegated from SL just because they have not had the same 'luck', for want of a better word, as Hull FC, Wigan and Wire?

VP is not an option. When we were there last our crowds dropped, despite sustained success on the pitch. Moving to VP will see the club die a slow death, just as doing nothing to Odsal will see the club die a slow death.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users