Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Final League game at Knowsley Road is all ticket.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:23 PM

Well I've already got mine, but it looks like either the club are making good progress at selling this game out.

I just hope it's not a marketing ploy, I recall this happening a few years ago with a league game and rather than the fans rushing to buy the last few tickets, they moved the opposite direction and decided it was going to sell out anyway and they would stay at home and watch it on the TV. As it happened when you turned up on the night you could still pay.

But I take it they would not make the same mistake twice, I would imagine for them to make it all ticket they must have sold at least over 10k.
Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#2 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (bewareshadows @ Aug 20 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I've already got mine, but it looks like either the club are making good progress at selling this game out.

I just hope it's not a marketing ploy, I recall this happening a few years ago with a league game and rather than the fans rushing to buy the last few tickets, they moved the opposite direction and decided it was going to sell out anyway and they would stay at home and watch it on the TV. As it happened when you turned up on the night you could still pay.

But I take it they would not make the same mistake twice, I would imagine for them to make it all ticket they must have sold at least over 10k.

Well there will be another 1 (or 2 poss) game at Knowsley Rd when the play offs get underway.

So there! rolleyes.gif