Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

What Wembley means to the Aussies

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (dallymessenger @ Aug 22 2010, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no need for that language, hes spot on

Channel nine arent even showing the CC final live.

Newsflash Walt, we don't give a ######!!

Why should we care what a couple of hundred thousand people, 10,000 miles away think of our game?

IF you don't want to watch it, then don't watch it. It's simple really.

#22 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (East Coast Tiger @ Aug 22 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well you clearly hate anyone not British based on your comments on here so it's hardly surprising you wouldn't want to leave Britain. Or maybe I should say English because no doubt you can't stand those horrible Scots or Welsh too. But don't worry, we don't want you here either. We've got enough toothless, pasty, unwashed, whinging poms clogging up Bondi. If you want to think more Aussies watch the CC final than poms watch SOO, you believe whatever you want. The only thing less respected or less significant to Australian people than British RL is the opinions of farquits like you.

Who cares what Australians think?

Hardly a big player on the world stage, are you?

rolleyes.gif

#23 dallymessenger

dallymessenger
  • Coach
  • 20,928 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Aug 22 2010, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Newsflash Walt, we don't give a ######!!

Why should we care what a couple of hundred thousand people, 10,000 miles away think of our game?

IF you don't want to watch it, then don't watch it. It's simple really.

typical over reaction

ECT was spot on the money

#24 dallymessenger

dallymessenger
  • Coach
  • 20,928 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (thirteenthman @ Aug 22 2010, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That doesn't surprise me. I was over in Sydney last August and they were showing SL matches late on a Sunday night - do they still show them?

I remember talking to a St George supporting taxi driver on the way to the airport, and he thought Huddersfield had qualified for the GF. He said he'd read somthing about it in the paper, ex-St George man Nathan Brown being coach. Apart from that he didn't seem to know much about it.

yeah SL games are shown at 12.30 in the morning, ill watch a bit of it tonight

aussie recognition of the english game is improving though with players like burgess showing how good they are and the aussie media picking up on it

its still got a long way to go though

#25 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (AndyCapp @ Aug 22 2010, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The fact is English Rugby League is not promoted well in Australia.
When one of the free to air channels got the Super league game rights it was promoted as a big deal with 2 games every Sunday Afternoon, it lasted about 6 weeks and was cut to what it is now 12:30 am

Not even the WCC gets much coverage or a prime time replay

Any idea how the CC rates on TV in Oz? If it got more than 10k I would be really surprised.

you may or may not have a point although you seem to be guessing as much as anything. its the instant negativity on any thread that even dares to paint any part of our game in a positive light. over and over again and its always league fans! I'm telling you it comes across really badly, not as you will ne doubt reply as people just speaking their minds yadda yadda but whiny and negative. We slag off rightly wilson for being a miserable old get but he writes something nice and here we are again, let alone undoubtedly negative comments on his blog which i have stopped reading because of the predictable moan moan bloody moan

cheer up you northern buggers, its a great game!
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#26 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (East Coast Tiger @ Aug 22 2010, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a fair assumption to make. There's more interest for SOO on here, even despite banning Aussie content on this forum, than there is CC final talk on LU, and there's far more people on LU than on here. I'm in a far better position to talk about what Australian people do than a xenophobic who wouldn't even have the guts to step foot on Australian soil. And once again a post that mentions male mastubation, like 99% of your posts. It really must be a fixation of yours.

yeah heaven forbid that should ever introduce any evidence into an argument. your head would explode.
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#27 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (dallymessenger @ Aug 22 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
typical over reaction

ECT was spot on the money

A truly unbiased view Walt. Well done.

If you don't care about SL, then don't post about it.

Every time you post, you betray your own argument, as does your daft mate.

#28 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

Is the Challenge Cup broadcast live in Oz?
I have a friend that is planning a BBQ with a couple of English backpackers on the night.

#29 dallymessenger

dallymessenger
  • Coach
  • 20,928 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (AndyCapp @ Aug 28 2010, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the Challenge Cup broadcast live in Oz?
I have a friend that is planning a BBQ with a couple of English backpackers on the night.

no, not shown till tomorrow midnight

#30 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (dallymessenger @ Aug 28 2010, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no, not shown till tomorrow midnight

Its on Sunday evening prime Oz time?

Edit
Sorry I missed the midnight bit.

Edited by AndyCapp, 28 August 2010 - 12:15 PM.

#31 motorface

motorface
  • Players
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

Wendall, just because your team has won the Challenge Cup for the past 2 seasons doesn't now make it the biggest RL game on the planet!! It falls way behind the SL Grand Final, NRL Grand Final and State of Origin

#32 tommyvoll

tommyvoll
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

This Aussie who's planning a barbie with two English backpackers - isn't that called murder? His first name's not Hannibal is it?

#33 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (tommyvoll @ Aug 28 2010, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This Aussie who's planning a barbie with two English backpackers - isn't that called murder? His first name's not Hannibal is it?

Australians are hardly the most civilised race on Earth.

What you call murder, they call lunch.

#34 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

Most Australian rugby leage players do not dream of playing in England. Some however do dream of playing in the south of France.

Bradley Fittler once said on TV that he dreamed of being the kicking coach for Les Catalans... mainly because he loved the thought of skiing in the French Alps or Pyrenees. I think that most Australians would prefer the south of France to England because of the weather and lifestyle, though once over there they don't like the way the management of Les Catalans handles things on the administrative side, especially relating to being paid.

This all argues for the second alternative option of having Toulouse in Super League. Plenty of quality Australian players of the calibre of Clint Greenshields, would come over if they had the chance to play for Toulouse SL club.

Once they are established in the south of France, the Aussie RL players start to dream of playing at Wembley.

Edited by ParisSurtout, 28 August 2010 - 07:54 PM.

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

#35 Dennis Bloodnock

Dennis Bloodnock
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (jannerboyuk @ Aug 22 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you may or may not have a point although you seem to be guessing as much as anything. its the instant negativity on any thread that even dares to paint any part of our game in a positive light. over and over again and its always league fans! I'm telling you it comes across really badly, not as you will ne doubt reply as people just speaking their minds yadda yadda but whiny and negative. We slag off rightly wilson for being a miserable old get but he writes something nice and here we are again, let alone undoubtedly negative comments on his blog which i have stopped reading because of the predictable moan moan bloody moan

cheer up you northern buggers, its a great game!

Well said mate,it was a great day out and to be at the new Wembley for the first time was a joy to behold.
I have been to a lot of NRL Grand Finals and they don't compare in atmosphere to the RL Cup Final.
I enjoyed seeing the fans of all the teams having a good day out.
I can speak Esperanto like a native.

#36 Aristotle

Aristotle
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Aug 28 2010, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most Australian rugby leage players do not dream of playing in England. Some however do dream of playing in the south of France.

Bradley Fittler once said on TV that he dreamed of being the kicking coach for Les Catalans... mainly because he loved the thought of skiing in the French Alps or Pyrenees. I think that most Australians would prefer the south of France to England because of the weather and lifestyle, though once over there they don't like the way the management of Les Catalans handles things on the administrative side, especially relating to being paid.

This all argues for the second alternative option of having Toulouse in Super League. Plenty of quality Australian players of the calibre of Clint Greenshields, would come over if they had the chance to play for Toulouse SL club.

Once they are established in the south of France, the Aussie RL players start to dream of playing at Wembley.

What a pr*ck you are.

#37 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (Aristotle @ Aug 30 2010, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a pr*ck you are.

Correct

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users