Ticket pricing at Crusaders

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

I purchased tickets at the Saints' shop at 15 for one adult and 10 for a concession (good deal). On the day of the match in Wrexham, they were 20 and 15. Has this been the case all season.

Edited by Saint Billinge, 22 August 2010 - 04:45 PM.

#2 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Saint Billinge @ Aug 22 2010, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I purchased tickets at the Saints' shop at 15 for one adult and 10 for a concession (good deal). On the day of the match in Wrexham, they were 20 and 15. Has this been the case all season.

Saint, do you know who got MOM?
Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#3 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

you would think that a club who wants supporters wouldnt sting them on the gate ohmy.gif

#4 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (bewareshadows @ Aug 22 2010, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Roby got it on Sky

HW

#5 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

Not seen the recording yet but someone has said it was Roby.

Thought the ground was well situated just off the main road and next to a retail park where parking was allowed, unlike across the road at B@Q. While down there, we paid a visit to Errdig National Trust house nearby. Been many times before but still facinating. For anyone interested, the match and NT make for a good day out.

As for the match, it was fits and starts which sums up our season.

#6 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,040 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (Saint Billinge @ Aug 22 2010, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just don't see your issue here.

Cheap tickets available if you pre-book, standard price on the day.

Good idea from the marketing guys, get people to commit to go by offering them a discount for pre-booking.

You got a discounted ticket, the people who go on the day pay a standard price not a rip-off price.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#7 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Aug 22 2010, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just don't see your issue here.

Cheap tickets available if you pre-book, standard price on the day.

Good idea from the marketing guys, get people to commit to go by offering them a discount for pre-booking.

You got a discounted ticket, the people who go on the day pay a standard price not a rip-off price.

Where does it say I'm making an issue. I'm simply making an enquiry because If it's been going on all season, then it pays to pre-book by a long chalk. A 10 saving is a very good deal.

#8 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,040 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Saint Billinge @ Aug 22 2010, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where does it say I'm making an issue. I'm simply making an enquiry because If it's been going on all season, then it pays to pre-book by a long chalk. A 10 saving is a very good deal.

There is an implication in your post.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#9 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Aug 22 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is an implication in your post.

We all read into things differently. I was just wondering if so, then it's a very good deal for everyone.

Edited by Saint Billinge, 22 August 2010 - 09:10 PM.

#10 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:35 PM

I think it was Ian Smith for saints.

#11 Silvia Saint

Silvia Saint
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:56 AM

It has been the case all season. As mentioned above, from a club perspective pre-booking is preferred as it helps when forecasting crowds, revenue and matchday planning.

As you say, excellent savings for supporters who pre-book.

#12 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (Silvia Saint @ Aug 23 2010, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been the case all season. As mentioned above, from a club perspective pre-booking is preferred as it helps when forecasting crowds, revenue and matchday planning.

As you say, excellent savings for supporters who pre-book.

I can understand the point you're making but knocking off 25% an adult ticket and 33% off a concession is a very very generous, some would say suicidal, offer by the Crusaders.

rldfsignature.jpg

#13 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (deluded pom? @ Aug 23 2010, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can understand the point you're making but knocking off 25% an adult ticket and 33% off a concession is a very very generous, some would say suicidal, offer by the Crusaders.

It could be swings and roundabouts. If the discount was say 1, then it may not be attractive enough. That said, they may be a couple of quid dearer than other clubs.

#14 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (Saint Billinge @ Aug 23 2010, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It could be swings and roundabouts. If the discount was say 1, then it may not be attractive enough. That said, they may be a couple of quid dearer than other clubs.

20 doesn't seem excessive. Another question is does the away team get a percentage of the ticket sales if they sell the ticket? I know this happens at other clubs with the away team selling the ticket getting something back for their efforts. The supprter gets a discount, the home team get a guaranteed sale before the matchday and the away team get a percentage for selling tickets to away matches.

rldfsignature.jpg

#15 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (deluded pom? @ Aug 23 2010, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
20 doesn't seem excessive. Another question is does the away team get a percentage of the ticket sales if they sell the ticket? I know this happens at other clubs with the away team selling the ticket getting something back for their efforts. The supprter gets a discount, the home team get a guaranteed sale before the matchday and the away team get a percentage for selling tickets to away matches.

I wasn't saying exessive, merely pointing out they could reap in extra revenue than some other clubs to balance it all out. It's still a very good saving, nevertheless.

I really enjoyed the day including the NT visit.

#16 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (Saint Billinge @ Aug 23 2010, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasn't saying exessive, merely pointing out they could reap in extra revenue than some other clubs to balance it all out. It's still a very good saving, nevertheless.

I really enjoyed the day including the NT visit.

All we can hope is that they know what they are doing and the books balance.

rldfsignature.jpg

#17 alan30058

alan30058
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Aug 22 2010, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it was Ian Smith for saints.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#18 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,704 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:58 PM

Bit disappointed with the crowd for this one. Quite an important game that I'm not sure they wouldn't have got more for down in Bridgend.

Hopefully we don't see the usual RL thing of pulling out because it's looking like it might not be as straight forward as they originally hoped.

#19 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Havenwarrior @ Aug 22 2010, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Roby got it on Sky

HW

Roby was interviewed straight after the match but I don't recall anyone saying he was MOM, although I may still have been in shock after that wonderful try.
Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#20 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (bewareshadows @ Aug 23 2010, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Roby was interviewed straight after the match but I don't recall anyone saying he was MOM, although I may still have been in shock after that wonderful try.

He was MOM .
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users