Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:46 AM

Yeah we can wink.gif wink.gif

#22 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,258 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Aug 29 2010, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has it ever occurred to you that if you were to be magnanimous in victory it may enhance your credibilty on here ?

you can't enhance what isn't there

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#23 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,258 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Aug 30 2010, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well nobody else can
the wolves seem to have shaken off their 'choker' tag. Their defensive effort throughout the game was awesome.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#24 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,142 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Aug 29 2010, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After yesterday I think Wire can do it and pull off a cup and SL double!

Before yesterday I didn't think we were quite ready for beating a big club like Leeds in such a convincing manner. I thought we may pip it and have a few iffy decisions to help us along the way, but to destroy Leeds and totally blow them off the park like Wire did makes me confident of winning the double.

Next week may well be the turning point. Can Briers and co backup after a weekend on the lash?? We need a big score against Quins to ensure 2nd place because Saints will want to hammer Cas in their final game at Knowsley Rd. But if Wire play like the level they did yesterday they can beat anyone, even Saints! ohmy.gif

Thoughts?

Erm, No. wink.gif Good luck in 2011. cool.gif

#25 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:26 PM

laugh.gif

#26 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

Respect to Dave T & 1976PMJwires, but THANK-YOU Huddersfield wink.gif
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#27 Cliffy Lyons

Cliffy Lyons
  • Coach
  • 274 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:33 PM

Just goes to prove Wire are not the deal there fans think they are. Its a lot easier to reach a challenge cup final if you are not drawn against the two top teams in the comp and Wire have done this two years on the trot beating two teams that under performed in the final. With due repect they were impressive against Leeds in the final but there record against the top teams is not that of a champion team. Saints and Leeds have been decimated by injurys this year and Wire and Wigan have had a generally injury free year but have retained more consitancy than previous years. When Wire beat the top sides on a regular basis I will be convinced. As for Wigan I think they will beat Leeds next week as it will be a game too far for Leeds and they wil meet Saints in the final. If they do I would love too see Saints give them a kicking in the final and win it for Cunningham.

cool.gif

#28 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Aug 30 2010, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How Wrong. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 19 September 2010 - 07:12 AM.

#29 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (Bomb Jack @ Sep 18 2010, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Respect to Dave T & 1976PMJwires, but THANK-YOU Huddersfield wink.gif

Totally understand. laugh.gif laugh.gif

A lot of work for smith in the off season.

#30 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:27 AM

Still, at least you won't get beaten at Knowsley Road ever again. laugh.gif

rldfsignature.jpg

#31 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,092 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (deluded pom? @ Sep 19 2010, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

biggrin.gif Every cloud etc, etc...

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#32 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (deluded pom? @ Sep 19 2010, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hadnt thought about that biggrin.gif

Dont you love it when threads like this appear by the usual suspects laugh.gif
Posted Image
Progress live tour 10th June 2011

SOME THINGS IN LIFE YOU LOOK BACK ON & THINK THANK ###### I GOT OUT OF THAT

#33 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:56 AM

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Now for Saints v Giants, Leeds v Wigan cool.gif
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#34 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,092 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (Bleep1673 @ Sep 19 2010, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now for Saints v Giants, Leeds v Wigan cool.gif

You don't know that though do you? rolleyes.gif

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#35 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,319 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (Cliffy Lyons @ Sep 19 2010, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just goes to prove Wire are not the deal there fans think they are. Its a lot easier to reach a challenge cup final if you are not drawn against the two top teams in the comp and Wire have done this two years on the trot beating two teams that under performed in the final. With due repect they were impressive against Leeds in the final but there record against the top teams is not that of a champion team. Saints and Leeds have been decimated by injurys this year and Wire and Wigan have had a generally injury free year but have retained more consitancy than previous years. When Wire beat the top sides on a regular basis I will be convinced. As for Wigan I think they will beat Leeds next week as it will be a game too far for Leeds and they wil meet Saints in the final. If they do I would love too see Saints give them a kicking in the final and win it for Cunningham.

cool.gif

They struggled to beat Fev in their first game in the CC.

Have Saints definitely decdide to play Giants? I'd have thought a capacity crowd against the Pies for the last game at KR would be irresistable for them and their fans.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#36 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:07 AM

I can't see them wanting a game against Wigan the week before the GF. Last ever game at KR should sell out anyway.

Edited by deluded pom?, 19 September 2010 - 09:10 AM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#37 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (deluded pom? @ Sep 19 2010, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't see them wanting a game against Wigan the week before the GF. Last ever game at KR should sell out anyway.

If they choose Wigan, they won't have to worry about having a game the week after.

I, for one, really want Saints to choose Wigan. It's not often that teams get the chance to choose to do the right thing for the sake of history, but Saints could do the right thing here.

Last game at KR, against their greatest ever rivals. No-one could have scripted that more appropriately.

C'mon Saints, do the right thing.

#38 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Aug 29 2010, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wigan have consistency but just think the big match thing is something they have yet to master and have bottled on numerous times this season. Wire have overcome that now.

laugh.gif

PMJ - you talk of hard work in the off season - but seriously, what can Smith do? I can't see any weak link in the team (Mathers has been OK for you, but is being replaced) so strengthening may be difficult. Every other top team, I can see how they'd improve with a couple of players, but most if not all of the Wire team seem to be at the same level and you can't replace them all.

Is it a mental problem? That could be tough to sort out.
People called Romans they go the house

#39 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,092 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (MrPosh @ Sep 19 2010, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif

PMJ - you talk of hard work in the off season - but seriously, what can Smith do? I can't see any weak link in the team (Mathers has been OK for you, but is being replaced) so strengthening may be difficult. Every other top team, I can see how they'd improve with a couple of players, but most if not all of the Wire team seem to be at the same level and you can't replace them all.

Is it a mental problem? That could be tough to sort out.

Mr P, if you're hinting the Wire Coach is the problem, we'll give him a go at the KC.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

#40 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Sep 19 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they choose Wigan, they won't have to worry about having a game the week after.

I, for one, really want Saints to choose Wigan. It's not often that teams get the chance to choose to do the right thing for the sake of history, but Saints could do the right thing here.

Last game at KR, against their greatest ever rivals. No-one could have scripted that more appropriately.

C'mon Saints, do the right thing.

Saints will do what's right for Saints.

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users