RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone know where I can buy "Daydream Believer"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 634 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

I've just become aware of this Stanley Gene autobiography and I'm very keen to read it but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet. I've tried Ebay, Amazon and play and of course googled it.

Does anyone know of a place that stocks the book, or does anybody have a copy lying around they wouldn't mind selling? Sounds like a great book.

And on a side note, I'm very sorry that Stanleys stay at Halifax came to a sour end. I'm not sure what has happened but it's a shame a Legend like him should come to our club and it ends on a bad note. I wish Stan all the best...and maybe a return to Fax as this is all a misunderstanding? tongue.gif

Thankyou
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#2 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

the hull kr shop normally has some the online shop through the website might also stock them

Edited by TheDuke, 31 August 2010 - 07:53 PM.

#3 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:53 PM

this is taken from stanleys testimonial web site which is a couple of years old now, but you never know.

Anyone who would like to receive a copy by post please send a cheque for 15 inc P&P payable to Stanley Gene Testimonial Fund and send to Mike Smith at 20 St Bartholomews Way, Saltshouse Road, Hull HU8 0FD.

I look around
I search the skies
I shade my eyes
So nearly blind
And I see signs of half remembered days
I hear bells that chime in strange familiar ways
I recognise...
The hope you kindle in your eyes

#4 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:11 PM

Try reading Peter Pan instead. I understand the storylines are similar. rolleyes.gif

Seriously though, if you find a stockist in Hull that are unwilling to send you a copy, let me know and I'll sort it for you.

Hull-FC-V10-e1380711301940.jpg         HULL NOT VERY PROUD

"You're not City anymore!"

(The chant of opposition fans to Hull Tigers' supporters this season)

#5 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,542 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 1 2010, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try reading Peter Pan instead. I understand the storylines are similar. rolleyes.gif

I found it has more similarities to the Cliff Richard autobiography. I'm sure if you contact a SG testimonial committee member as mentioned by mm they might be able to get you a signed copy. Believe me it's a very funny and sometimes poignant account of Stan's life and is well worth 2.50*.

*Just joking Stan wink.gif

Edited by deluded pom?, 02 September 2010 - 08:16 AM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#6 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,562 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:47 AM

Keep trying; it's a good read and well worth the search.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users