Photo
- - - - -

St. Helens v Castleford Tigers

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Poll: St. Helens v Castleford Tigers (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. St Helens (12 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Castleford (4 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Draw (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:59 AM

Discuss the game here! (sorry about the late posting of the game threads ... I forgot!)

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:23 AM

tough game for cas to win this one, id love nothing more than for us to goto sts an pull off a win but realistically i cant see it happening! i think sts by 20 and fingers crossed hull kr do the buisness against crusaders and we keep 8th spot cool.gif
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#3 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (jackknife @ Sep 2 2010, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tough game for cas to win this one, id love nothing more than for us to goto sts an pull off a win but realistically i cant see it happening! i think sts by 20 and fingers crossed hull kr do the buisness against crusaders and we keep 8th spot cool.gif

What he said!!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#4 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:19 PM

I Hope jacknife and Kenny Tiger are right biggrin.gif

Saints 54 Cas 18 angry.gif

#5 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:38 PM

Shock of the round would be a Cas win, not impossible but shocking all the same and would put a real dampner on the send off for Saints, not to mention knocking quite a bit of momentum out of our playoff hopes.

I'm going for a Saints win and hopefully a heavy one to secure a home tie against the Wire.

We need that monkey to loom large on Warrington's back come the playoffs.
Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#6 Fully

Fully
  • Coach
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

Saints 46-12 Cas.

#7 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

Hopefully a cas win to scupper the RFL's dastardly plans to first discredit and then demote them from superleague.

#8 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Sep 3 2010, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully a cas win to scupper the RFL's dastardly plans to first discredit and then demote them from superleague.

Well it looks like 9 points is the target, for the win tomorrow, anything else is a bonus.
Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

#9 The Boy Saint

The Boy Saint
  • Coach
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (bewareshadows @ Sep 3 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it looks like 9 points is the target, for the win tomorrow, anything else is a bonus.

Definately acheivable. What are the odds on KC scoring the decisive points?! wink.gif

#10 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:20 PM

Upset here for me, Cas by 8

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#11 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Sep 3 2010, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Upset here for me, Cas by 8

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Cas could win, but it would be against all the odds. This game has been set up in St Helens at least as the goodbye game for knowsley road. THe crowd are going to call the ref for everything going regardless of whether it's close or not.

If Cas win this they are going to be very unpopular in St Helens for years to come.

#12 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (bewareshadows @ Sep 3 2010, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THe crowd are going to call the ref for everything going regardless of whether it's close or not.

Just like every other week then

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#13 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (bewareshadows @ Sep 3 2010, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
. THe crowd are going to call the ref for everything going regardless of whether it's close or not.

Just like every week then ?

#14 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Sep 3 2010, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just like every week then ?

Sorry Lee, didn't see yours above at first.

#15 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:42 PM

Come on Cas

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#16 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (amh @ Sep 3 2010, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Come on Cas

I've always liked you
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#17 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 4 2010, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've always liked you

I've always liked Cas...not sure about you wink.gif tongue.gif

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#18 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (amh @ Sep 4 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've always liked Cas...not sure about you wink.gif tongue.gif

You're right to be wary.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#19 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 4 2010, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're right to be wary.

Looking forward to the last league game at the old ground. Should be a good sent off. My money is on Murphy's lot to beat the new breed.

#20 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (bewareshadows @ Sep 4 2010, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking forward to the last league game at the old ground. Should be a good sent off. My money is on Murphy's lot to beat the new breed.

Its going to be very emotional ( yes I decided to go the game instead of Leeds sad.gif )

I am gonna take my camera get some pics so will be wondering round at some point like a japanese tourist wink.gif

As for the game it is a potential banana skin. Hopefully 9 points we can do!!
Posted Image
Progress live tour 10th June 2011

SOME THINGS IN LIFE YOU LOOK BACK ON & THINK THANK ###### I GOT OUT OF THAT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users