#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:30 PM

Hull FC... rolleyes.gif

http://www.hullfc.co...ontents/?p=6720

Deary me.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#2 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:35 PM

FFS. When will my club stop accepting mediocrity?

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#3 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:36 PM

A mistake. They should have let Rovers think they'd snatched him away from the KC.

rldfsignature.jpg

#4 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,236 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Mistress_Marlowe @ Sep 2 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FFS. When will my club stop accepting mediocrity?

We thought he was mediocre when he was at the Bulls. Didn't half miss his tackling rate when he left though.
He's a proper pro workhorse, and he doesn't hide when he makes a mistake.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#5 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:06 PM

Who?
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#6 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:15 PM

I'm sure he's accepted a reduced wage packet to get the 2 year deal - Always thought he'd end his playing days at Hull wink.gif

As previously stated, he's a defensive workhorse and gets through the mundane graft that doesn't make him shine.
Personally I'm glad !!!

Now who wants' Dowes ?????
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:24 PM

Ungrateful bastards!

Fighting for fourth and have a tireless workhorse at their disposal.

Waah, waah. rolleyes.gif

wink.gif

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Sep 2 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ungrateful bastards!

Fighting for fourth and have a tireless donkey at their disposal.

Waah, waah. rolleyes.gif

wink.gif

Edited, etc, etc...

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#9 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 2 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Edited, etc, etc...

There have to be players to make Tansey look good for Christ's sake! biggrin.gif

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#10 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:10 AM

is lee not east hull coach thi year? if he is hows he guna coach hull u15s and east hull and play? could be very busy man
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#11 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:30 PM

Well I think he's bloomin' marvelous! laugh.gif

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#12 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

Hes just gone up in my estimations. Though I would have liked him even more had he landed a few more.

#13 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,876 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (dkw @ Sep 4 2010, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hes just gone up in my estimations. Though I would have liked him even more had he landed a few more.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

#14 The Best The Beautiful The Only

The Best The Beautiful The Only
  • Coach
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:04 PM

Super player, a man you want on your side in the tough times. We've missed him at Bradford and I'd take him back in a shot.

#15 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (dkw @ Sep 4 2010, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I almost agree. If he had let Bailey get to his feet and then knocked him down again, I would have really admired his effort. However, if you analyse what he did, he's as big a 'cheap shot merchant' as the afore-mentioned Ryan. Bailey was on all-fours and unable to defend himself. Not nice. Man up! Let him get to his feet and then hit him. That would get respect.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#16 The Best The Beautiful The Only

The Best The Beautiful The Only
  • Coach
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:08 PM

So what, Bailey knew exactly what he was doing when he was striking the top of Lee Radfords head with his elbow. If you want to dish it out then youve got to be ready to take it back whenever it comes. Bailey picked on the wrong one.

#17 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,876 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (The Best The Beautiful The Only @ Sep 4 2010, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what, Bailey knew exactly what he was doing when he was striking the top of Lee Radfords head with his elbow. If you want to dish it out then youve got to be ready to take it back whenever it comes. Bailey picked on the wrong one.

Whilst I agree with you in principle, on this one, Bailey won, Hull were down to 12 for 70m.

#18 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (The Best The Beautiful The Only @ Sep 5 2010, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Er... Did you watch the game? Bailey took it and played the rest of the game. Radford dished out some cheap shots and got sent off, which probably cost his team the game. Radford hit Bailey when Bailey was on all fours and couldn't hit back, so how was Radford "ready to take it back"?

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see Ryan get his comeuppence. But in a 'fair fight', like Peacock did with Mason. The argument against Bailey is that he often starts the fights and then goes into hiding. That wasn't the case last night.

Edited by tonyXIII, 04 September 2010 - 09:23 PM.

#19 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (tonyXIII @ Sep 4 2010, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I almost agree. If he had let Bailey get to his feet and then knocked him down again, I would have really admired his effort. However, if you analyse what he did, he's as big a 'cheap shot merchant' as the afore-mentioned Ryan. Bailey was on all-fours and unable to defend himself. Not nice. Man up! Let him get to his feet and then hit him. That would get respect.

Can't agree Tony. If you're going to retaliate, you're hardly going to hang around. It's a spur of the moment thing, you lose your cool. Seems the players are with the fans re. bailey and his cheap shots. One thing I'm certain of though, if Bailey feels like climbing into the boxing ring to raise more money for the Steve Prescott foundation, Lee Radford will be more than happy to take him on..

#20 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 5 2010, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't agree Tony. If you're going to retaliate, you're hardly going to hang around. It's a spur of the moment thing, you lose your cool. Seems the players are with the fans re. bailey and his cheap shots. One thing I'm certain of though, if Bailey feels like climbing into the boxing ring to raise more money for the Steve Prescott foundation, Lee Radford will be more than happy to take him on..

Boy, you were quick off the mark. I slightly edited my original post, but you beat me to it!

I agree with you. Bring it on. Radford v Bailey in the ring would raise a lot of money, but I'm not sure Bailey would want to know. My point is that he couldn't defend himself, so Radford's punches were 'cheap shots'. To illustrate Bailey's mindset, as it was 'calming down', he tried to get at Radford whose arms were being held by a couple of other players. Of course he wanted to fight then, Radford couldn't have defended himself! It works both ways.

I'd still like to have seen them go at it toe-to-toe! My money would have been on Lee!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users