Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

What should the referee have done?

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

Poll: What should he have done? (76 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick three - One for Radford, one for Bailey, and one for the penalty.

1. Radford red (30 votes [14.02%])

Percentage of vote: 14.02%

2. Radford yellow (44 votes [20.56%])

Percentage of vote: 20.56%

3. Radford nothing (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Bailey red (17 votes [7.94%])

Percentage of vote: 7.94%

5. Bailey yellow (53 votes [24.77%])

Percentage of vote: 24.77%

6. Bailey nothing (5 votes [2.34%])

Percentage of vote: 2.34%

7. Penalty - Hull (32 votes [14.95%])

Percentage of vote: 14.95%

8. Penalty - Leeds (33 votes [15.42%])

Percentage of vote: 15.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Sep 6 2010, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The majority are not always in the wrong but the vast majority have an axe to grind, such as yourself. That makes you and the other 8 out of ten not in the best position to judge. The most sense spoken on this thread comes from Dave T and kenilworth Tiger and it's no suprise they are looking at it logically and impartially. The RFL will see it for what it is and judge accordingly, they won't have black and white tinted spectacles on. I will accept their decision as the right one when Radford is banned.

there's got to be Whiskas joke in there..but I'm struggling biggrin.gif

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#82 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (amh @ Sep 6 2010, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there's got to be Whiskas joke in there..but I'm struggling biggrin.gif

pmsl laugh.gif
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#83 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:04 PM

well done to lee for twatin bailey fekkin hate that guy, just watched the punch up again on you tube did anyone see how bailey tried to stick nut on sean long as he tried to keep them apart if that would of been seen he would of walked aswell

posted this on wrong thread 1st biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#84 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,527 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (John Drake @ Sep 6 2010, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RFL Press Release: Radford to face RFL Disciplinary Committee

Hull FC second row Lee Radford will appear before the RFL Disciplinary Committee on Tuesday following an incident in Round 27 of the Engage Super League.
Radford has been charged with a Grade A offence for punching Ryan Bailey in the 10th minute of Saturdays 18-14 defeat to Leeds Rhinos at the KC Stadium. The Hull F.C player received a red card from referee Ian Smith following the incident.
Lee Radford was charged after the incident was viewed by the RFL Match Review Panel earlier today.

Clearly not considered a serious offence by the RFL in that case.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#85 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,527 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Sep 6 2010, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What has his previous record got to do with it? If you throw three or four punches at a grounded defenceless player you should be banned it's as simple as that. The only time a previous record should be considered is when the amount of intent is debatable. The intent from Radford was to hurt a player therefore he should be banned.

Check the RFL's disciplinary guidelines.

Previous good conduct is on the list of mitigating circumstances to be taken into account in the sentencing process, along with provocation.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#86 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Sep 6 2010, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The majority are not always in the wrong but the vast majority have an axe to grind, such as yourself. That makes you and the other 8 out of ten not in the best position to judge. The most sense spoken on this thread comes from Dave T and kenilworth Tiger and it's no suprise they are looking at it logically and impartially. The RFL will see it for what it is and judge accordingly, they won't have black and white tinted spectacles on. I will accept their decision as the right one when Radford is banned.

Interesting that four of Bailey's critics posting on this thread are the following...

Wiltshire Rhino, Optimus, Weary Rhino and Exiled Rhino.

Do they have the aforementioned black and white tinted spectacles on?, or could it just possibly be that theirs aren't tinted blue and yellow?

You've picked two posters on this thread that suit your agenda and ignored all the rest including Leeds fans.

As for me, take a look at my post history. You'll find I'm one of the least biased Hull fans on here. I say things as I see them and am not afraid to criticise my club when I feel the need, which sometimes gets me stick from other Hull fans on here.

Anyway, you keep on defending Ryan Bailey, as I said elsewhere, he won you the game on Saturday.

But with all the publicity surrounding the incident, and also the discussions that many people in RL are having about whether or not Lee Radford should have been sent off, I hope it heightens Referee's attention to Bailey's style of play, and results in him being watched a bit more carefully in future.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#87 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,921 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (jackknife @ Sep 6 2010, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well done to lee for twatin bailey fekkin hate that guy, just watched the punch up again on you tube did anyone see how bailey tried to stick nut on sean long as he tried to keep them apart if that would of been seen he would of walked aswell

posted this on wrong thread 1st biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

It was seen. You can clearly see Ian Smith in the picture looking at Bailey, and he even blows the whistle again after it happens. Still, nothing.
Posted Image

#88 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Sep 6 2010, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What has his previous record got to do with it? If you throw three or four punches at a grounded defenceless player you should be banned it's as simple as that. The only time a previous record should be considered is when the amount of intent is debatable. The intent from Radford was to hurt a player therefore he should be banned.

Can you tell me what Bailey's intentions were when he tried to headbutt Sean Long?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#89 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 6 2010, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you tell me what Bailey's intentions were when he tried to headbutt Sean Long?

Peck on the cheek?

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#90 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Sep 6 2010, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Peck on the cheek?

Must admit, Longy's haircut does it for me as well... wub.gif

#91 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 6 2010, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Must admit, Longy's haircut does it for me as well... wub.gif

Anyway, 2 matches, season over for your boy

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#92 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Sep 6 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

More like one, sadly.

#93 yehhoo

yehhoo
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

Grade A offence =1 match ban at most
And that little lad of 3 stone called Bailey struggling like a mad man to get up arms and legs flaying about ,then Radford gets up see lack of effort then.stay down hug the ground less for Lee to hit

#94 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,921 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

He'll get one maximum for a Grade A offence, most likely a sending off sufficient, IMO.

So when Crusaders beat Huddersfield, Wigan beat Leeds and Hull beat Rovers we shall hopefully see Radford vs Bailey 2!
Posted Image

#95 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Wellsy4HullFC @ Sep 6 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He'll get one maximum for a Grade A offence, most likely a sending off sufficient, IMO.

So when Crusaders beat Huddersfield, Wigan beat Leeds and Hull beat Rovers we shall hopefully see Radford vs Bailey 2!

I'll be up for that although I would prefer to win at The Piedome. But as beating Wigan won't happen so I'll go for Leeds to beat Hull and Radford to smash Bailey if he can get close cos Bailey won't go near him.

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino, 06 September 2010 - 08:36 PM.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#96 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (Wiltshire Rhino @ Sep 6 2010, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be up for that although I would prefer to win at The Piedome. But as beating Wigan won't happen so I'll go for Leeds to beat Hull and Radford to smash Bailey if he can get close cos Bailey won't go near him.

wink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#97 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Wellsy4HullFC @ Sep 6 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So we're saying Griffin and Fieldens was worse that that?

Unbelievable

#98 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,921 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (Lee @ Sep 6 2010, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So we're saying Griffin and Fieldens was worse that that?

Unbelievable

Can you give Fielden a "sending off sufficient"? No, because he wasn't sent off. Radford has effectively already had a one game ban, and whether you like it or not, it will be taken into consideration. And with it being a Grade A offence, he can't be out for more than a game.

Seems most of the Leeds fans want him out for more than 2 games so he doesn't get another shot against big hard man Bailey!
Posted Image

#99 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (Ullman @ Sep 6 2010, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check the RFL's disciplinary guidelines.

Previous good conduct is on the list of mitigating circumstances to be taken into account in the sentencing process, along with provocation.

So you're allowed to break someones nose, shatter someones cheekbone or give someone a little old broken jaw if you have a previous good record? I don't think so. Bailey received a cut to his eye from a cowardly cheap shot while he was on the floor. Radfords previous conduct has absolutely nothing to do with his cowardly actions on saturday.

#100 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:54 AM

[quote name='Old Frightful' date='Sep 6 2010, 08:39 PM' post='2114914']

[Anyway, you keep on defending Ryan Bailey, as I said elsewhere, he won you the game on Saturday. ]

Where have i defended Ryan Bailey? You're problem with me is that i'm not defending Radford and there's a big difference. It didn't matter who Radford was hitting on saturday it was cowardly and he deserved to be sent off. I don't mind players going toe to toe but Radford took cheap shots, end of story. Anyway, you seem to have changed your tune, it's not so long back you were screaming blue murder when Carl Ablett hit Tomkins when he was in no position to defend himself. You could at least be consistent.