Hey, were on the telly!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,171 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:40 AM

Only once to my knowledge for rugby and that was the 99 Challenge Cup semi final where whenever London scored they had to cut to the same group of a few hundred fans. Even so I'm visible for about half a second in total.

I've been visible on S4C loads though as they always liked to follow Aberystwyth Town and me, Ripken and a couple of others followed them home and away for a couple of years. I especially remember being caught leaping like a loon behind the goal when 'we' equalised at Caernarfon.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#22 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:14 AM

I think I was on telly during the Rhinos/Catalans playoff match last year, had a cameraman come nearby and point the camera at me.

French TV though, so couldn't tape it
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#23 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 6 2010, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel I just have to follow you on Twitter now!!!

If you want to hear me griping about work, complaining about the inlaws, slagging off Blackpool Panthers or shamelessly plugging my various delusional music careers, then I'm probably very good value.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#24 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (Hornetto @ Sep 6 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you want to hear me griping about work, complaining about the inlaws, slagging off Blackpool Panthers or shamelessly plugging my various delusional music careers, then I'm probably very good value.

Well you sound more intersting than Martin Offiah......done deal!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#25 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (hunsletgiant @ Sep 5 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
made my tv debut back in 1997 against Hull Sharks. My most recent was celebrating beating Saints at Warrington last year.

My mate Tansey is on everytime Huddersfield are on sky. Hes the middle aged bloke who wears the claret and gold arabic hat. Im sure he has a contract withtem.

Tanseys finest hour was doing the Haka on the pool table in The Railway Club, Warrington after we won there the other year

Legend

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#26 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Sep 6 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tanseys finest hour was doing the Haka on the pool table in The Railway Club, Warrington after we won there the other year

Legend

I remeber it well - Wendell reported it as 30 Huddersfield fans going on the rampage and murdering 11 Wazza OAPs
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#27 T Dub

T Dub
  • Coach
  • 961 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 6 2010, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remeber it well - Wendell reported it as 30 Huddersfield fans going on the rampage and murdering 11 Wazza OAPs

Don't forget the young children led away in tears, theres always a few of them

#28 T Dub

T Dub
  • Coach
  • 961 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (hunsletgiant @ Sep 5 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
middle aged bloke who wears the claret and gold arabic hat.

A fine example of sartorial elegence.

Wore one meself during the 1995 WC opener, far touchline about 20 yards from halfway at teh front, and my red rimmd glasses of the time which were, frankly, preposterous - captured by Ray French et al for posterity

#29 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

As mentioned previously, here's me on Another Bloody Sunday

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users