Championship+1 next season

eddo

The Eagles in Superleague recorded finishes of 7th, 8th, 8th and 10th in Superleague before conceding that they had difficulty in competing against a backdrop of gates dropping from 4,500 to 3,600 by 2000. I don't know much about the hideous merger, but someone may have got their money back that they'd invested in Eagles.

I do know that Hetherington jumped ship from his pet project and went on to headingley where he steered the club to four Superleague wins. I think he is "astute", and knew where the money was, rather than some of the names he's called on here :D

As for the Eagles I am delighted that they are now playing out of Bramall Lane.

The massive problem RL has in professional expansion is that areas outside the "heartlands" tend to throw up few if any sugar daddies (this is the right term - look it up in the dictionary - "Elderly man who lavishes gifts on Rugby League clubs") :D . I was in sheffield this week and was told about Wednesdays owner who had shelled out Millions only to end up in the second division with

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic