• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,782 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Sep 7 2010, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After I wrote that I noticed that Hull KR have already sold 3k and had a further 2k sent on.

I was basing it on the fact that the game got 20k in the league where over 10k will have been in on season tickets. I would expect this would be lower, but will be very happy if I'm wrong about that.

Dave, if the KC draws 16k for a pre season friendly between the two clubs where everybody paid, then a sell out looks highly likely for arguably the biggest game between the two for thirty years.

At least, that's what the media over here are claiming it is.

Me? I have no recollection of a big game between the two in 1980. Clearly shum mishtake....

Some folk were queueing for tickets from 4.30am Monday ohmy.gif , apparently, if you read this article. Seems if you read the comments underneath, the girlieball fans are feeling a little threatened at the prospect of a sell out at the KC for rugby...

Edited by Old Frightful, 06 September 2010 - 11:48 PM.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#22 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,440 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 7 2010, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dave, if the KC draws 16k for a pre season friendly between the two clubs were everybody paid, then a sell out looks highly likely for arguably the biggest game between the two for thirty years.

Me? I have no recollection of a big game between the two in 1980. Clearly shum mishtake....

Hope you are right mate, just being conservative I suppose after seeing so many below par crowds in playoff an cup games.

#23 Doolittle

Doolittle
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:38 AM

There is an extremely high level of interest in the Hull derby. Folk who normally have no interest in the game have been asking me to get tickets for them. I expect this game to sell out with a 23,000+ gate. It is rare for a play off fixture gate to exceed the corresponding league gate, but this will prove the exception.

And I will miss it all due to a badly timed holiday! sad.gif

Edited by Doolittle, 07 September 2010 - 10:38 AM.

#24 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,440 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 7 2010, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dave, if the KC draws 16k for a pre season friendly between the two clubs where everybody paid, then a sell out looks highly likely for arguably the biggest game between the two for thirty years.

Some folk were queueing for tickets from 4.30am Monday ohmy.gif , apparently, if you read this article. Seems if you read the comments underneath, the girlieball fans are feeling a little threatened at the prospect of a sell out at the KC for rugby...

Looks like you are right mate, apparently there are only 7.5k tickets left, meaning that 15.5kish have been sold, excellent effort so far!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users