Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Play-Offs to catch fire at last

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,652 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Sep 7 2010, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After I wrote that I noticed that Hull KR have already sold 3k and had a further 2k sent on.

I was basing it on the fact that the game got 20k in the league where over 10k will have been in on season tickets. I would expect this would be lower, but will be very happy if I'm wrong about that.

Dave, if the KC draws 16k for a pre season friendly between the two clubs where everybody paid, then a sell out looks highly likely for arguably the biggest game between the two for thirty years.

At least, that's what the media over here are claiming it is.

Me? I have no recollection of a big game between the two in 1980. Clearly shum mishtake....

Some folk were queueing for tickets from 4.30am Monday ohmy.gif , apparently, if you read this article. Seems if you read the comments underneath, the girlieball fans are feeling a little threatened at the prospect of a sell out at the KC for rugby...

Edited by Old Frightful, 06 September 2010 - 11:48 PM.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#22 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,138 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 7 2010, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dave, if the KC draws 16k for a pre season friendly between the two clubs were everybody paid, then a sell out looks highly likely for arguably the biggest game between the two for thirty years.

Me? I have no recollection of a big game between the two in 1980. Clearly shum mishtake....

Hope you are right mate, just being conservative I suppose after seeing so many below par crowds in playoff an cup games.

#23 Doolittle

Doolittle
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:38 AM

There is an extremely high level of interest in the Hull derby. Folk who normally have no interest in the game have been asking me to get tickets for them. I expect this game to sell out with a 23,000+ gate. It is rare for a play off fixture gate to exceed the corresponding league gate, but this will prove the exception.

And I will miss it all due to a badly timed holiday! sad.gif

Edited by Doolittle, 07 September 2010 - 10:38 AM.

#24 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,138 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 7 2010, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dave, if the KC draws 16k for a pre season friendly between the two clubs where everybody paid, then a sell out looks highly likely for arguably the biggest game between the two for thirty years.

Some folk were queueing for tickets from 4.30am Monday ohmy.gif , apparently, if you read this article. Seems if you read the comments underneath, the girlieball fans are feeling a little threatened at the prospect of a sell out at the KC for rugby...

Looks like you are right mate, apparently there are only 7.5k tickets left, meaning that 15.5kish have been sold, excellent effort so far!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users