TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Justin Morgan.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:39 AM

That Phil Bentham won't be swayed by the big crowd at the KC on Saturday.

He stated in an interview on Blunderside that he's going to make a phone call to the Referee's boss to ask if Mr Bentham will be ok to Referee the derby game having seen Hull get a whopping 4-0 penalty stat in the first half of the last derby at the KC.

Man I'd sure love to listen in on this one. I bet Stuart decides to change Refs. rolleyes.gif

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#2 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 9 2010, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He stated in an interview on Blunderside that he's going to make a phone call to the Referee's boss to ask if Mr Bentham will be ok to Referee the derby game having seen Hull get a whopping 4-0 penalty stat in the first half of the last derby at the KC.

Man I'd sure love to listen in on this one. I bet Stuart decides to change Refs. rolleyes.gif

Good grief! rolleyes.gif

#3 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:58 AM

Justin Morgan playing mind games with Stuart Cummins which he will win.

#4 boris74

boris74
  • Coach
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:25 AM

Heard that!

Morgan also had a pop at Hull Fc on Viking when he became annoyed that some reporter dare mention Rovers failings in last years play offs! biggrin.gif

#5 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:33 AM

having just heard the interview again, Morgan states that Bentham awarding that penalty count to Hull ultimately cost Rovers the game. Has he worded it correctly enough, I wonder? Just about.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#6 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,378 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 9 2010, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
having just heard the interview again, Morgan states that Bentham awarding that penalty count to Hull ultimately cost Rovers the game. Has he worded it correctly enough, I wonder? Just about.

Perhaps he should have a word with his players about conceding penalties early in the game.

Just a thought. mellow.gif
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#7 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:18 AM

Cummins should say "fair enough, I'll tell him to take a zero tolerance approach, you tell your players to make sure they dont do anything that could be pinged"

Seems fair.

#8 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,985 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:15 AM

Hopefully with James Child wink.gif

rldfsignature.jpg

#9 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 554 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

With Radford now eligible to play I'm sure KR will benefit from the penalty share out.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#10 sallywt

sallywt
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (tim2 @ Sep 9 2010, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps he should have a word with his players about conceding penalties early in the game.

Just a thought. mellow.gif

You mean like a certain Championship coach does? wink.gif

Edited by sallywt, 09 September 2010 - 11:34 AM.

#11 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,378 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (sallywt @ Sep 9 2010, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean like a certain Championship coach does? wink.gif

All the coaches whinge at Stuart. It's part of the job, and it's his job to politrely tell them to bog off. Most of them don't make it public. probably because a lot of the time they don't have a case and look stupid.

#12 FullFat

FullFat
  • Players
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:24 AM

I think ALL coaches should keep their opinions/complaints about refs out of the public domain. Refereeing is hard enough but with stuff like this in the media it adds pressure that doesn't need to be there onto the referee, touch judges and the players.

If the referee makes/bottles a controversial decision in this game now he is immediately under suspicion of having been influenced by Justin Morgan even though that is not the case. Eddie and Stevo would have a field day discussing it, the players will react to it with more "justification" and frustration than normal. The ref could then overreact and the game itself becomes poorer for it.

The coaches are free to talk to the referee's controller, but we as fans do not need to know about it.

#13 sallywt

sallywt
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (tim2 @ Sep 10 2010, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All the coaches whinge at Stuart. It's part of the job, and it's his job to politrely tell them to bog off. Most of them don't make it public. probably because a lot of the time they don't have a case and look stupid.

Just making the point that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Tim.

#14 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,378 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (sallywt @ Sep 10 2010, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just making the point that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Tim.

You mean I can't criticise Justin Morgan because Mark Aston whinges all the time? That's just silly. A whingeing Aussie is always worse than a whingeing Brit.

I'm happy to tell Mark when he should shut up. We have had free and frank discussions on the subject. The real problem comes when he is right and I have to agree with him, which has happened far too often this year. dry.gif

#15 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:31 PM

Did Morgan telephone Cummings a couple of years back to arrange to have Hewer for every match after the Cumbrian whistler gave 16 penalties on the trot to Rovers against Salford?

#16 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:45 PM

Morgan getting his excuses in early?

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#17 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (tim2 @ Sep 10 2010, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean I can't criticise Justin Morgan because Mark Aston whinges all the time? That's just silly. A whingeing Aussie is always worse than a whingeing Brit.

I'm happy to tell Mark when he should shut up. We have had free and frank discussions on the subject. The real problem comes when he is right and I have to agree with him, which has happened far too often this year. dry.gif

To be fair to Mark, he's been fairly quiet on the subject of referees lately. He was terrible early in the season but seems to have learned to keep his trap shut. You can bet he'll be on the phone to Cummings most Mondays though biggrin.gif
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#18 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,378 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (West Country Eagle @ Sep 10 2010, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be fair to Mark, he's been fairly quiet on the subject of referees lately. He was terrible early in the season but seems to have learned to keep his trap shut. You can bet he'll be on the phone to Cummings most Mondays though biggrin.gif

That's not correct.

It might be Friday if it's a Thursday night game.

#19 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (tim2 @ Sep 10 2010, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's not correct.

It might be Friday if it's a Thursday night game.

laugh.gif

Yes, sorry. Me bad!

Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users