Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Millward to Salford?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:10 AM

It seems salford have advertised for another assistant to McRae this will be in addition to Alker.

Reports in France and rumours on RL Fans seem to suggest ian Millward.

Is this another Rabbitohs move coming on and McRae to be sidelined for the last year of his contract?

I know some Leigh fans are unhappy with his efforts this season, but they went from relegation to play offs.

Salford need a man manger, someone who is straight talking. doesn't rely on media/political waffle like McRae.

#2 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (Red Willow @ Sep 9 2010, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems salford have advertised for another assistant to McRae this will be in addition to Alker.

Reports in France and rumours on RL Fans seem to suggest ian Millward.

Is this another Rabbitohs move coming on and McRae to be sidelined for the last year of his contract?

I know some Leigh fans are unhappy with his efforts this season, but they went from relegation to play offs.

Salford need a man manger, someone who is straight talking. doesn't rely on media/political waffle like McRae.

They need rid of McRae.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#3 StevieM13

StevieM13
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Bob8 @ Sep 9 2010, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They need rid of McRae.

Thanks to the collapse of Harlequins form this year, McRae has been able to get Salford out of the bottom two in SL for the first time during coaching tenure at the club. Harrison took Salford to the play offs and was sacked.

#4 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:13 AM

I thought it was Simms who's the problem?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#5 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:20 PM

Simms I think has 100% record coaching Salford biggrin.gif He isn't a problem as he deals with contracts etc.

McRae has something like a 25% win record which is poor. Harrison started the season well but lost a huge number of games, the time was right for him to go.

Salford can't afford to sack McRae at present and this may be a chance to side line him. We need a man manager and someone who can develop the young talent coming through. I don't see McRae being able to do this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users