TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Huddersfield Giants v Crusaders RL

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: Huddersfield Giants v Crusaders RL (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Huddersfield Giants (10 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. Crusaders RL (12 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 StevieM13

StevieM13
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:07 PM

Good effort from Crusaders. Cut out many of the silly errors and poor choices that have cost them. Sadly came up with a couple at the wrong time which cost them. Also finished too many sets badly. Superb defensive effort when the Giants upped their game though. Disgraceful call from Ben Thaler that was absolutely critical in deciding the game. Giants were poor but did enough when it mattered, crowd was diabolical in terms of home support.

Edited by StevieM13, 11 September 2010 - 06:16 PM.

#42 StevieM13

StevieM13
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Sep 11 2010, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not exactly, people leave jobs to take on other jobs, its a new idea, think it might take off

Year on year improvement, kinda what the franchise system is about

No surprises here mate, you've been ###### since the merger, by your thinking, Quins, Cas, Wakey, Salford, Crusaders off top of my head should be chopped, all lower crowds than us and rarely make the play offs, bin em

As usual a game thread turns into whose go tthe most fans debate, yo ucouldnt make it up.

As for the game itself, good old arm wrestle, we played some dumb stuff at times and Cru's chanced there arm a bit, rather enjoyed it, got lucky at the end when the lad threw a poor offload out, but we had players in position to capitalise, seen better games, seen worse.

I'll sit down now and watch the derby game and surprisingly dont think i'll even watch the crowd, the pitch fare should be more interesting.

Nice to see it still pisses people off when we win a game, somethings will never change biggrin.gif

There are no franchises in rugby league. Crowds are the biggest single indicator of the success of a club. Not only on a match day. Maximising crowds is surely a basic aim of the business irrelevant of any outside requirements?

#43 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (StevieM13 @ Sep 11 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crowds are the biggest single indicator of the success of a club.

Not results then?

QUOTE (StevieM13 @ Sep 11 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maximising crowds is surely a basic aim of the business irrelevant of any outside requirements?

Cant argue with that, half the league is screwed then

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#44 StevieM13

StevieM13
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Sep 11 2010, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not results then?

Performances, not so much results IMO.

#45 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (StevieM13 @ Sep 11 2010, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Performances, not so much results IMO.

Performances dont win pots, always nice to have both but you gotta win ugly now and again

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#46 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

Great support from Cru fans, they did their team and RL proud. I wanted a Giants win but sorry it had to be Cru - soft spot for them and Jarrod Sammut - loved his charity donation " I always support breasts"

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#47 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (amh @ Sep 11 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great support from Cru fans, they did their team and RL proud. I wanted a Giants win but sorry it had to be Cru - soft spot for them and Jarrod Sammut - loved his charity donation " I always support breasts"

That would explain the "Tache" you've been growing all week

#48 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Sep 11 2010, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would explain the "Tache" you've been growing all week

ohmy.gif
I could say my bra has more support than the Giants....but that wouldn't be very nice tongue.gif

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#49 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (amh @ Sep 11 2010, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohmy.gif
I could say my bra has more support than the Giants....but that wouldn't be very nice tongue.gif

Cos it would be factually incorrect, have you learnt nothing

#50 StevieM13

StevieM13
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Sep 11 2010, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Performances dont win pots, always nice to have both but you gotta win ugly now and again

Ugly wins don't draw crowds. Giants drawing just 5,000 home fans for a play off eliminator after finishing fifth suggests a complete lack of interest in the team and a lack of entertainment by the team.

#51 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:39 PM

Huddersfield fans no it's not a my club has more fans than you but rather the town has a decent RL team, fairly successful in a great stadium and season tickets are virtually been given away yet the people of Huddersfield are seemingly too apathetic to support their team.

#52 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (StevieM13 @ Sep 11 2010, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ugly wins don't draw crowds. Giants drawing just 5,000 home fans for a play off eliminator after finishing fifth suggests a complete lack of interest in the team and a lack of entertainment by the team.

Certainly aint lack of entertainment

No idea what the answer is, best team we've had in 40 years or so, its going up but slower than i would have liked, we've been scoring points for fun recently.

Im sure Brown will take ugly wins every day while Davy probably wants the best of both.

#53 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (Allan Marsden @ Sep 11 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
season tickets are virtually been given away yet the people of Huddersfield are seemingly too apathetic to support their team.

Season tickets were cheap 2 years ago

There are incentives to existing holders to renew last year and this but the last 2 years we've been on a par with other teams pricewise

#54 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (StevieM13 @ Sep 11 2010, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good effort from Crusaders. Cut out many of the silly errors and poor choices that have cost them. Sadly came up with a couple at the wrong time which cost them. Also finished too many sets badly. Superb defensive effort when the Giants upped their game though. Disgraceful call from Ben Thaler that was absolutely critical in deciding the game. Giants were poor but did enough when it mattered, crowd was diabolical in terms of home support.

Which call?.

#55 StevieM13

StevieM13
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (bobbruce @ Sep 11 2010, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which call?.

The one which saw the officials 'change the emphasis', as Noble alluded to post match.

#56 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (StevieM13 @ Sep 11 2010, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The one which saw the officials 'change the emphasis', as Noble alluded to post match.

No still don't know

#57 saintfrank

saintfrank
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:24 PM

And not a swear word heard at any of them ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

if youve never stood on a brick to see the game, at a snowy post office road, or had a pint or three at parkside you are not a true fan

afraid Hudds wont ever get big crowds, even when they reach a final..Maybe too many teams both rugby and soccer nearby.

Edited by saintfrank, 11 September 2010 - 09:26 PM.

Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

#58 Diomedes

Diomedes
  • Coach
  • 547 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

See, the thing is that there are 5 other teams in this league with worse crowds than us. And it's been like that for a few years now. So on that basis you need to get shut of them as well.

The crowd wasn't great but all this conjecture about there would have been more at x and a better atmos at y; it's a joke.

We'll travel to Leeds next week, or Wire. And whichever it is we'll get grief. Today the Cru had the benefit of being in front of the commentary box and the mics. It's like when you go to Saints; the place could be like a church and all it takes is one man screaming at that mic they set up. We're not given that opportunity. It is fashionable to have someone unfashionable. Christ, we don't even bother responding to the sh*t on here any more. Who cares?!

See you next round. We're still in it; are you?

laugh.gif

#59 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (Diomedes @ Sep 11 2010, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
. Today the Cru had the benefit of being in front of the commentary box and the mics.

laugh.gif
And in front of the TV cameras too or was that done with mirrors? laugh.gif

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#60 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:00 AM

My original comment was not on the fact that 5 clubs have worse crowds.

I said, for the size of the town, the fact that you have plenty of RL (non SL) areas around to get fans from such as Halifax and Oldham, the fact that your team has done well on the pitch for the past few years, the fact you have a great stadium that can attract women/kids/corporates etc.

Then your crowds are the worst in SL by a mile.

I wasn't having a pop, just making observation.

The people of Huddersfield do not like RL, there isnt much you can do.

Just meant it was a shame as with your demographic and facilities you could be a real powerhouse in the game with 20k+ rocking the place every week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users