Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Huddersfield Giants v Crusaders RL

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: Huddersfield Giants v Crusaders RL (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Huddersfield Giants (10 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. Crusaders RL (12 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (StevieM13 @ Sep 11 2010, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The one which saw the officials 'change the emphasis', as Noble alluded to post match.

My favourite refereeing call was when that ratboy scrum half with the 'tache elbowed Stephen Wild in the face three times and the resulting kickable penalty went to the Crusaders! I'm still baffled by that one.

That's me.  I'm done.

#82 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:04 AM

For most of the game Thaler was letting Cru lay on at the tackle as long as they wanted, but penalised Wild (to let Cru score a penalty) as he was actually getting up...there was one period in the match when the Huddersfield ball carriers were on their feet after the tackle and pushed back onto the floor and no penalty...so one decision isnt so clear cut, if Thaler had been reffing evenly throughout then it almost certainly wouldnt have been an issue anyway.

As for comments on our crowds, I wont post my real thoughts for worry of being banned, but there are some people that really havent got a clue what they are talking about.

Giants average crowd is higher than about 7 other SL clubs...

It has shown continuous increase year on year since we rejoined SL (up 111% since 2000, have any other clubs managed that?)

Our game this weekend was the only fixture to show an increase over the corresponding league fixture, and thats for a kick off time that is about as unfriendly as it gets to spectators. (with a full local ARL, Cricket, Soccer, RU programme on a the same time, and of course the usual saturday shopping to be done)

As for cheap/free tickets...show me a club that doesnt do that. Seriously. Any single SL club that doesnt do that.

You odious "$"$&^%&*% cretins.

#83 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:14 AM

Oh, and where were the criticisms of Saints last season when, with over 1000 Huddersfield fans making the trip the crowd there was only 6157?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users