Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hull FC v Hull KR

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Hull FC v Hull KR (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (10 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. Hull KR (8 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 no13benny

no13benny
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

Thoughts about the game here...if anyone knows how to sticky it, please do so!
Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.
Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

This will be a monster of an occasion. Once again, I'll be taking my sofa with me to hide behind. Hope you neutrals enjoy it, don't know how any fans of the two competing sides will cope. Not very confident but then I never am. Plenty of biff, one team to win by 4 again. Lee Radford to be sent off for the second successive week.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#3 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:02 AM

Up the Airlie Birds

I think Hull will win by 10 and Morgan will get fined for bringing the game into disrepute
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#4 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 9 2010, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Up the Airlie Birds

I think Hull will win by 10 and Morgan will get fined for bringing the game into disrepute

I've put Hull FC to win, but I've honestly no idea, these derbies seam to go either way and form has very little impact. Either team by 2 points.
Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#5 tintin

tintin
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:11 PM

Following his 2 game ban Jorden Tansey is not included in Hulls 19 ????? ohmy.gif

anyone know what he's been upto on a sat night !!

Squad v KR: T BRISCOE, BERRIGAN, CUSACK, DOWES, FITZGIBBON, HALL, HORNE, HOUGHTON, LAUAKI, LONG, LYNE, MANU, MOA, O’MELEY, RADFORD, TICKLE, TURNER, WASHBROOK, YEAMAN

Edited by tintin, 09 September 2010 - 02:14 PM.

#6 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:18 PM

I'm leaning towards KR as I think they've more ideas in attack, but it could go either way.

#7 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Chronicler of Chiswick @ Sep 9 2010, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm leaning towards KR as I think they've more ideas in attack, but it could go either way.

Interesting - Dobson v Long ???

My money is on long (obviously!)

I'm soooo excited smile.gif

I just hope the game isn't decided by Newton diving again trying to milk a penalty of Yeamen wink.gif
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#8 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

FC 24 KR 12

Based on FC having played in more playoffs matches.
Plus more BIG time players (nearly said winners wink.gif but been a while tongue.gif )

{ awaiting roy boy and old frightful to respond biggrin.gif }

#9 Symo10

Symo10
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:42 PM

Stop Dobson and we will just pinch it. Cockayne to get sin binned.
Tom Briscoe brace.

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Sep 9 2010, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FC 24 KR 12

Based on FC having played in more playoffs matches.
Plus more BIG time players (nearly said winners wink.gif but been a while tongue.gif )

{ awaiting roy boy and old frightful to respond biggrin.gif }

That'll do me mate....however.

Richard Agar pulls off another masterstroke, Tansey available for selection and he keeps Craig "Turnstile" Hall at full back.

Dear me.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#11 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 9 2010, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Richard Agar pulls off another masterstroke, Tansey available for selection and he keeps Craig "Turnstile" Hall at full back.

Dear me.

Not too worried about that one mate. I thought Hall had a good game at Warrington and a very good one against Leeds.

As was hinted earlier in the thread, you do wonder if Tansey has been left out for disciplinary reasons if he hasn't even made the bench.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#12 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

Hardest game to predict. Hull I guess

#13 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 9 2010, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear me.

Hall did well against us, and he'll go well against the dobbins tongue.gif KR KO @ KC laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

#14 adelwire

adelwire
  • Coach
  • 905 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:49 AM

H kr for me in another very close and exciting game

#15 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (adelwire @ Sep 11 2010, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
H kr for me in another very close and exciting game

Never mind just saying it - what do you base your opinion on????

Don't be swayed by Morgan's constant appearances on Sky and every other form of media known to man - he isn't playing!

Look at the players stats - engage noodle and tell us again that you think KR will win!

Then again, I've just realised we've got bl**dy Agar at our helm! So it's the Dobbins by 50 ohmy.gif
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#16 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:31 AM

Hull KR by 1.
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#17 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Roy Boy @ Sep 11 2010, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never mind just saying it - what do you base your opinion on????

Don't be swayed by Morgan's constant appearances on Sky and every other form of media known to man - he isn't playing!

Look at the players stats - engage noodle and tell us again that you think KR will win!

Then again, I've just realised we've got bl**dy Agar at our helm! So it's the Dobbins by 50 ohmy.gif

Yes, but we also have The Ginger Messiah now, Roy.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#18 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:07 PM

The banter is rife on Twitter, even Lord Prescott has been joining in. A few of us have started a 'Hull KR Facts' tweets. Some good ones are as follows:

Hull KR facts: They bang on about being the 'Pride of East Hull' but they were originally a West Hull club.
Hull KR facts: their ground Caravan Park is on Poorhouse Lane and used to be a stable.
Hull KR Facts: Rovers crowds numbers correspond directly with the weekend detention rate at local prisons.
Hull KR facts: East Hull is actually an annexe of Lancashire and therefore deserves scorn.
Hull KR facts: Every season their shirt design is the exact same one that Wigan rejected as being completely devoid of all taste.
Hull KR facts: To purchase a season pass for next season at this year's prices you have to pay them an extra sixty quid.
Hull KR facts: Holderness Road when translated back into Ancient British means Hopelessness Road
Hull KR facts: Rotterdam is closer to the pitch than their South Stand.
Hull KR facts: In order to buy a season pass you need two forms of ID and an extra toe.
Hull kr facts:if hull fc released a fart hull kr would try and sign it!

Do feel free to join in! laugh.gif

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#19 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:30 PM

I feel bloody awful.

Oh well, onto the Three Johns for plenty of anaesthetic.

#20 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 11 2010, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel bloody awful.

Oh well, onto the Three Johns for plenty of anaesthetic.

I know what you mean mate. A mate of mine can't make the game because he's in Spain for a family wedding. Right now, part of me is wishing I was that far away.

But the other part of me wouldn't be anywhere else in the world come 6pm.