Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wheelchair Rugby League

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,833 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:55 PM

On the RFLs Facebook page, they've posted a well put together 5 minute Wheelchair Rugby League video, well worth a watch if you've missed it.

I've heard and read plenty about it and as it turns out used to stand next to the England Coach at Central Park back in the day, but until today had never seen any match footage.

Its pretty brutal stuff, every credit to those that play.

Edit

Sorry for those not on facebook, the footage is hosted on You Tube.

Edited by shrek, 09 September 2010 - 03:15 PM.

#2 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (shrek @ Sep 9 2010, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the RFLs Facebook page, they've posted a well put together 5 minute Wheelchair Rugby League video, well worth a watch if you've missed it.

I've heard and read plenty about it and as it turns out used to stand next to the England Coach at Central Park back in the day, but until today had never seen any match footage.

Its pretty brutal stuff, every credit to those that play.

Edit

Sorry for those not on facebook, the footage is hosted on You Tube.

ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#3 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:40 AM

sure is good stuff. i have to dvds of games between halifax and vichy played a couple of years back which were pretty suprising when i saw them .
the best bit is one of the vichy team jumps out of the wheelchair to pick a team mate up . seemed a bit to agile to be in a wheelchair
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#4 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,632 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (southstand loiner @ Sep 14 2010, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure is good stuff. i have to dvds of games between halifax and vichy played a couple of years back which were pretty suprising when i saw them .
the best bit is one of the vichy team jumps out of the wheelchair to pick a team mate up . seemed a bit to agile to be in a wheelchair

that's because you are allowed a certain number of able bodied in a team. The last game I saw was GB v France on the car park at Harrow School some years ago.

see here

Cliff Spracklen is your man when it come to Wheelchair RL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users