Semi final implications

Am I right in thinking that Wigan, even if they win next week, have forfeited home advantage in the semi's?

Thus Saints would have club call and a choice of any of the others bar Leeds who have now also earned themselves a home tie?

Edited by Jill Halfpenny fan

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Yep

Saints and Leeds will have home advantage

Saints have the club call and can only pick from the winners of next weeks ties, they cant pick Leeds

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Am I right in thinking that Wigan, even if they win next week, have forfeited home advantage in the semi's?

Based on recent form, I don't think Wigan consider home an advantage

I dont envy McManus & Potter that decision. Will be interesting to see who they pick.

If Wigan & Wire win i would pick Wigan, with any luck they will choke again ;) if 1 of the other teams win I would pick 1 of them

If I were Saints, I'd pick Wire (assuming there's the option) due to their record against them at KR (although saying that, might not want to risk Wire being able to break that duck on the last ever game played there)

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Wigan have been to both grounds and won already this year. We have to overcome HKR even to be chosen, and that will be difficult. Moreover Wire have to beat an in form and talented Giants team.

Generally, Wigan - Leeds and Saints - Wire games seem to produce classics, so if I were a neutral I would enjoy a repeat.

Wigan have been to both grounds and won already this year. We have to overcome HKR even to be chosen, and that will be difficult. Moreover Wire have to beat an in form and talented Giants team.

Generally, Wigan - Leeds and Saints - Wire games seem to produce classics, so if I were a neutral I would enjoy a repeat.

I find Leeds-Wire to be generally great matches (barring CC final)

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Whilst I'm not against the club call in principle I think it practise it won't work. I'd be very surprised if the team making the club call did anything other than pick the lowest placed side still in the competition. Saints aren't going to pick Wigan over Wire if that is what the two line ups are. Wigan have just finished top of the league. In the same way they won't pick Wire over Hull KR if they pulled off an upset.

It would be great motivation for say Wigan if they were picked and it would come across as cocky. If it didn't come off they would end up looking stupid. The least controversial thing to do is to pick what it would be in the first place.