Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wigan v Leeds Disciplinary

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#21 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Allan Marsden @ Sep 13 2010, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please do explain and before you do think carefully about the 1970 Challenge Cup Final cool.gif

No I shan't take this thread off course but if you really do need it explaining then google "Rugby League team + Salary Cap"
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#22 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (my missus @ Sep 13 2010, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
err if maguire was faster would he not have gone past carmont rather than grab him from behind.
you are todays thicko and i claim MY 5 biggrin.gif

He grabbed him from behind to STOP him getting the ball.Nice effort though, keep trying.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#23 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 13 2010, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No I shan't take this thread off course but if you really do need it explaining then google "Rugby League team + Salary Cap"

So many teams have broken the cap even Castleford. Many break it and never get caught.

Cheating to win games though or at leasy trying to is a Cas speciality ask Colin Tyrer or Kelvin Skerrett tongue.gif

#24 the punt

the punt
  • Coach
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:23 PM

I'm a Wigan supporter and as disappointed as the rest but I think Alibert got it just about right at the end. He gave the penalty in the most advantageous position he possibly could and whilst of course it was a really difficult kick Pat Richards had a genuine chance to put it over. That he missed was down to himself, no complaint mind it was really hard but it was in our hands. Additionally Wigan could have kicked for touch gaining as much territory as possible and then set up for the drop goal. As for Danny McGuire he should have been sin binned notwithstanding his injury but it was completely academic so why bother?

#25 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (the punt @ Sep 13 2010, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a Wigan supporter and as disappointed as the rest but I think Alibert got it just about right at the end. He gave the penalty in the most advantageous position he possibly could and whilst of course it was a really difficult kick Pat Richards had a genuine chance to put it over. That he missed was down to himself, no complaint mind it was really hard but it was in our hands. Additionally Wigan could have kicked for touch gaining as much territory as possible and then set up for the drop goal. As for Danny McGuire he should have been sin binned notwithstanding his injury but it was completely academic so why bother?

Spot on.At last a voice of reason.

#26 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

Wow! There's some bile on here about McGuire's pull back on Carmont.

It was a professional foul. It was wrong. But he got away with it. To moan about where the subsequent penalty was is pathetic, but to wish him ill is beneath contempt. Does anyone seriously believe that Carmont wouldn't have done the same in the same circumstances?

By the way, was anyone else reminded of Meninga's infamous pull back at Old Trafford? That one cost GB the match and, eventually, the series. It stuck in the throat, but there was nothing we could do about it then and there's nothing anyone can do about yesterday's incident. I'm sure the Wigan players will be even more determined to win should they meet Leeds again.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#27 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Sep 13 2010, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My,what a fine upstanding member of the community you are.Wishing injury on any player is contemptible.
You have shown yourself for the fool that you are.

i resent that remark, i have never wished injury on any player ever, and you are out of order for saying that.
if he injures himself fouling someone then it is his own fault.
and terry i am a bloke ohmy.gif

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#28 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (Allan Marsden @ Sep 13 2010, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So many teams have broken the cap even Castleford. Many break it and never get caught.

Cheating to win games though or at leasy trying to is a Cas speciality ask Colin Tyrer or Kelvin Skerrett tongue.gif

So many teams have pulled a player back etc etc etc

You mention Kelvin Skerret - was that anything to do with his sin binning in the 94 Regal Trophy final? I believe it was 33-2 in the end.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#29 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 13 2010, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So many teams have pulled a player back etc etc etc

You mention Kelvin Skerret - was that anything to do with his sin binning in the 94 Regal Trophy final? I believe it was 33-2 in the end.

No Premiership Final broken jaw courtesy of Sampson.

The RT Final was a thrown game BTW cool.gif Surely you realised that at the time and thereafter with what happened.

#30 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (my missus @ Sep 13 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i resent that remark, i have never wished injury on any player ever, and you are out of order for saying that.
if he injures himself fouling someone then it is his own fault.
and terry i am a bloke ohmy.gif

"well he has only got himself to blame, cheats usually get whats coming to them, and no i have no pity for him whatsoever."
Bang out of order and you know it.

#31 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,876 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:36 PM

Some absolutely disgusting comments on this thread.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#32 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Allan Marsden @ Sep 13 2010, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No Premiership Final broken jaw courtesy of Sampson.

The RT Final was a thrown game BTW cool.gif Surely you realised that at the time and thereafter with what happened.

Did Sampson get banned?

Posted Image

#33 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:38 PM

How many years was Maradonna slaughtered for cheating. Trust me if Danny had been playing a high profile sport he would have been slaughtered as would Leeds particularly their coach for his post match comments. Many fans whilst not wishing injury on players will have zero sympathy for Danny. Why should they? He brough the injury upon himself by cheating. He took the odds got his team a win but it cost him and possibly the team more in the long run.

#34 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

Anybody on here fancy taking a deep breath and relaxing a bit?

And maybe on the match thread too?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#35 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,876 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (Allan Marsden @ Sep 13 2010, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Many fans whilst not wishing injury on players will have zero sympathy for Danny.

If you've got no sympathy for a player who gets a serious injury whilst putting his body on the line for the audience's entertainment - in whatever sport actually - then, frankly, you're not a fan.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#36 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 13 2010, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did Sampson get banned?

From memory 4 matches. Not long enough but probably longer than you get these days.

#37 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Allan Marsden @ Sep 13 2010, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How many years was Maradonna slaughtered for cheating. Trust me if Danny had been playing a high profile sport he would have been slaughtered as would Leeds particularly their coach for his post match comments. Many fans whilst not wishing injury on players will have zero sympathy for Danny. Why should they? He brough the injury upon himself by cheating. He took the odds got his team a win but it cost him and possibly the team more in the long run.

It happens every game but because Wigan didn't put the game to bed when they had Leeds on the ropes,you need to find some excuse,the touch nor the referee saw Mcguire pull Carmont back so a penalty was not given for that incident.It was given for the perceived late challenge on Richards.Richards missed the resultant kick at goal ergo Leeds win.
Wigan only have themselves to blame for not finishing Leeds off when they had the chance.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 13 September 2010 - 04:45 PM.

#38 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (gingerjon @ Sep 13 2010, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you've got no sympathy for a player who gets a serious injury whilst putting his body on the line for the audience's entertainment - in whatever sport actually - then, frankly, you're not a fan.

He got injured breaking rules. If somebody kills themselves crashing their car whilst blind drunk do you have sympathy Jon?

We have no idea how long he will be injured for or how serious it is because Leeds medical staff are notorious for bad prediction and from my limited knowledge any swelling etc has to calm down before you get a decent scan.

#39 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Sep 13 2010, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It happens every game but because Wigan didn't put the game to bed when they had Leeds on the ropes,you need to find some excuse,the touch nor the referee saw Mcguire pull Carmont back so a penalty was not given for that incident.It was given for the perceived late challenge on Richards.Richards missed the resultant kick at goal ergo Leeds win.
Wigan only have themselves to blame for not finishing Leeds off when they had the chance.

It does not happen every game it is rare to find such an event and certainly never for a team / player to be so repeatedly cynical in the closing stages of a match. Worse their so called Coach then makes an ass of himself and does not retract his words even when being show the incident by Eddie Hemmings.

No excuses needed because ou get a 2nd chance in the silly play offs and can lose to a team but then beat them in the final.

We are British, we have standards we do not cynically cheat tongue.gif

#40 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Allan Marsden @ Sep 13 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He got injured breaking rules. If somebody kills themselves crashing their car whilst blind drunk do you have sympathy Jon?

We have no idea how long he will be injured for or how serious it is because Leeds medical staff are notorious for bad prediction and from my limited knowledge any swelling etc has to calm down before you get a decent scan.

So the Leeds medical staff are cheats now,I don't think a report saying he requires surgery would be made up, do you,especially as he would probably be in the 4 nations squad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users