Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fev

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#41 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (Bulletproof @ Sep 19 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A gigantic injury list, the worst I've seen us have in all my years, personal issues of the coach and actually relying on our youth and giving them a shot, and in spite of this we did actually make the play offs, and have been to the NRC final twice and won it once in two seasons.

What and Halifax have not had Major injuries this year then ?. still in the grand final, Its the Job of the Coach to sort this out. We managed, must mean we have a better coach then. We all have the same salary cap fella.

#42 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,914 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Sep 20 2010, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fevs population is 14k
In 1958 we drew 17,531 V Saints in the cup, year before there was 15k against the same team and remember in those days away support was minimal, we topped it a couple of times in the 60s 15k v cas in 67 and also a couple of times in the 70s, once against Salford in the cup.
Featherstone probably will never be invited into super league you are correct but that is why the system is wrong

Feathersteone Rovers' largest crowd of 17,531 was in 1959 not 1958
I'm not sure where you get the 15,000 againt St helens the year before fom since the club's record for a League game is less than that 14,990 aainst wakefield in 1962. maybe it was another cup game

te 1940s and 1950s as well as the early 1960s was a boom time fpor spectator sport in the UK. To say that away support was 'minimal' back then is of dubious credibility. I was at the saints game it was an unforgettable experience. There were masses of saints fans at the game..
I struggle to find the 15,000+ attendances you mention against Castleford and salford in the 1960s and 70s. Perhaps you could be more specific. If you are correct, then the history of the club needs re writing.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 21 September 2010 - 11:45 AM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#43 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 585 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Lobbygobbler @ Sep 19 2010, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No - they have only recently set NEW criteria, i.e. av crowds of 2500 and an annual tunover of 1M. These criteria did NOT exist at the start of the last cycle. Hence the comment about goalpost changing

But the criteria for the first round of licensing meant that Championship (or as they were then NL1) clubs were judged on the same basis as existing Super League clubs. The 5 minimum criteria should help clubs in the Championship.

#44 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,914 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Sep 21 2010, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Feathersteone Rovers' largest crowd of 17,531 was in 1959 not 1958
I'm not sure where you get the 15,000 againt St helens the year before fom since the club's record for a League game is less than that 14,990 aainst wakefield in 1962. maybe it was another cup game

te 1940s and 1950s as well as the early 1960s was a boom time fpor spectator sport in the UK. To say that away support was 'minimal' back then is of dubious credibility. I was at the saints game it was an unforgettable experience. There were masses of saints fans at the game..
I struggle to find the 15,000+ attendances you mention against Castleford and salford in the 1960s and 70s. Perhaps you could be more specific. If you are correct, then the history of the club needs re writing.

a quickcheck reveals that when Rovers plyed saints in 58, the year before the record breaking crowd there was a crowd of 15,700: a 5-0 win to Rovers.
In 1952 14,344 watatched Rovers beat Wigan in the 3rd round of the cup.

Thre is no record of crowds approaching those you mention at PO Road inthe 60s and 70s.
Keeping it local

#45 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Sep 21 2010, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a quickcheck reveals that when Rovers plyed saints in 58, the year before the record breaking crowd there was a crowd of 15,700: a 5-0 win to Rovers.
In 1952 14,344 watatched Rovers beat Wigan in the 3rd round of the cup.

Thre is no record of crowds approaching those you mention at PO Road inthe 60s and 70s.

and your supposed to be the heritage officer?
One of Rovers most famous games ever the one in the snow, the year before the record crowd and you had to go and check up.
What about the cup 1/4 final against Cas in 1967 the year we won the cup i think the crowd was 14,500 if there is no record it does need rewriting, in 1970 we played Salford in the cup and again over 14k there then 3 years later we played them again only 9k this time.
Very poor you not knowing this and being the Heritage officer, ok i said 15k and there wasnt quite if were being pedantic but the question was beating the population which is given as 14k

Edited by LOWFIELD, 21 September 2010 - 04:04 PM.

#46 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,914 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Sep 21 2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and your supposed to be the heritage officer?
One of Rovers most famous games ever the one in the snow, the year before the record crowd and you had to go and check up.
What about the cup 1/4 final against Cas in 1967 the year we won the cup i think the crowd was 14,500 if there is no record it does need rewriting, in 1970 we played Salford in the cup and again over 14k there then 3 years later we played them again only 9k this time.
Very poor you not knowing this and being the Heritage officer

correct, since you gave the incorrect year in the first place. It always pays to check don't you think?
you are clearly clueless about what the job entails and the work that goes into it, which is difficult and time and effort consuming, albeit satisfying and enjoyable. Next time you go to the Rovers' club house have a look around you or ask any member of the BOD. Next job the hall of fame up date-and the continuation of the team photograph btime line on the corridor-maybe you'd like to do it yourself.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 21 September 2010 - 04:07 PM.

Keeping it local

#47 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Sep 21 2010, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
correct, since you gave the incorrect year in the first place. It always pays to check don't you think?
you are clearly clueless about what the job entails and the work that goes into it, which is difficult and time and effort consuming, albeit satisfying and enjoyable. Next time you go to the Rovers' club house have a look around you or ask any member of the BOD. Next job the hall of fame up date-and the continuation of the team photograph btime line on the corridor-maybe you'd like to do it yourself.

You start all this Chris and you cant take it back, you implied i didnt know what i was talking about saying no records of the crowds i mentioned and saying the history books need re-writing
No i wouldnt like to do it
Yes it does pay to check Chris before typing pity you didnt dont you think, because i think youv just made yourself look a bit daft.
My father in law was at the saints game and the one in the snow the year before and he says the opposite to you i tend to believe him

Edited by LOWFIELD, 21 September 2010 - 04:23 PM.

#48 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Ackropj @ Sep 21 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What and Halifax have not had Major injuries this year then ?. still in the grand final, Its the Job of the Coach to sort this out. We managed, must mean we have a better coach then. We all have the same salary cap fella.

You can't compare our injury list with Fax's. You really can't. We had enough players out at one stage to put out a full team. At no stage of the season were we able to give the same team a good run to get used to each other.

I don't think it's appropriate to knock our coach either. We're all familiar with the difficulties he had away from the pitch this season.

#49 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,914 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Sep 21 2010, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You start all this Chris and you cant take it back, you implied i didnt know what i was talking about saying no records of the crowds i mentioned and saying the history books need re-writing
No i wouldnt like to do it
Yes it does pay to check Chris before typing pity you didnt dont you think, because i think youv just made yourself look a bit daft.
My father in law was at the saints game and the one in the snow the year before and he says the opposite to you i tend to believe him

no I just took the trouble to supply you with some information. Regarding the history books-I checked the crowds with Terry Jones Rovers' archivist, a good friend and someone I worl with closely- it was him who said that as far as he knew there were no 15,000+ crowds at POR.
I think you've made yourself look a bit crass and obnoxious...again. Anyway the jobs yours-you start Friday with a day of materials buying, archiving and research, printing, picture framing, and mounting: they go up next week.
Keeping it local

#50 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Sep 21 2010, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no I just took the trouble to supply you with some information. Regarding the history books-I checked the crowds with Terry Jones Rovers' archivist, a good friend and someone I worl with closely- it was him who said that as far as he knew there were no 15,000+ crowds at POR.
I think you've made yourself look a bit crass and obnoxious...again. Anyway the jobs yours-you start Friday with a day of materials buying, archiving and research, printing, picture framing, and mounting: they go up next week.

Iv got a job thanks and dont want another,
read your initial post it was sarcastic and rude in my opinion talk to people like that and dont expect a nice reply.
I have no intention of debating with you, and if you want my advice you will read Ron Baileys fifty of the finest matches.

Edited by LOWFIELD, 21 September 2010 - 07:54 PM.

#51 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,914 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Sep 21 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have no intention of debating with you

it isn't all bad news then.

I supplied some information to you. You had made an inaccurate statement. I was trying to be helpful. I should have known bette, given your propensity for ignorant verbal thuggery.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 21 September 2010 - 09:38 PM.

Keeping it local

#52 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,628 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:42 PM

Can we just draw a line under this now, please.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users