Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leroy Cudjoe

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 maroonandgold

maroonandgold
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (The Best The Beautiful The Only @ Sep 20 2010, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i heard he had been playing at Slawit. Wonder why he's not playing at Newsome or even St Joes or Underbank.
Yeah I always liked Ben. A very angry kid. I think Lodge joined the RAF or something, sure I read his name in the RL Exp when they played in the cup.

Phil Joseph was at Newsome last season. My lad will be pleased to hear he's not there this time around, he's playing Newsome this weekend and Mr Joseph ran over, through and round every one of them last season!!

There's 10 types of people in the world...those who understand binary and those that don't

#22 The Best The Beautiful The Only

The Best The Beautiful The Only
  • Coach
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (maroonandgold @ Sep 20 2010, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Phil Joseph was at Newsome last season. My lad will be pleased to hear he's not there this time around, he's playing Newsome this weekend and Mr Joseph ran over, through and round every one of them last season!!

Was by far the strongest lad in the league. Probably a few age groups above aswell. I think those 3 started weight training together. They carried Newsome and it was absolutley no surprise that they got picked up by the Giants and had the chance to make it in the pro game.

#23 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (maroonandgold @ Sep 20 2010, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Few of em gone to Slawit from Newsome these past few years

1st or 2nd team mate this weekend?

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#24 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (HaroldShand @ Sep 20 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Stanley Gene's maxed out credit cards would disagree with you on that one!

I stand corrected if thats true

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#25 maroonandgold

maroonandgold
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Sep 20 2010, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Few of em gone to Slawit from Newsome these past few years

1st or 2nd team mate this weekend?

Morley Borough vs Newsome Panthers 1sts

There's 10 types of people in the world...those who understand binary and those that don't

#26 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Viking Warrior @ Sep 20 2010, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cudjoe has impressed me every time i've seen him on tv this season. will mcnamara be brave enough to pick him and chris riley on the wings in the 4 nations?

speaking about riley for england or your strap line......t1t off the year i think ohmy.gif wink.gif tongue.gif

hannibal has nowt on you this week wink.gif

#27 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:01 PM

Cudjoe to replace
Chris hicks in 2012 on the wing for money no object,blatant salary cap busters Warrington Wolves?

Edited by Wilderspoolmemories, 21 September 2010 - 10:01 PM.

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#28 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:19 AM

Oh yeah! And Moran is going to out bid Ken Davy? Don't think so!

As for Leroy, been very impressive at times this year.
Irony of ironies though, when Wigan visited Hudds Karl Pryce played him off the park and at times made him look very poor indeed.
At one point he showed Cudjoe the outside, let him get past him then turned round caught him and tackled him into touch. Another time Pryce broke downfield after swatting Leroy like a fly and gave an inside pass to Carmont who scored.

Our Leroy is getting all sorts of praise and rightly, I just think it's being a bit overdone re internationals.
If Karl Pryce can do to him what he did the thoughts of what the Aussie or Kiwi backs could do doesn't bear thinking about.

Cudjoe's a good lad and improving all the time but lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

#29 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:34 AM

Was that mid season when the entire Hudds team was playing like a set of spanners?

Or the game earlier this month when the Giants won at the Piedome?

#30 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (Father Ted @ Sep 22 2010, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah! And Moran is going to out bid Ken Davy? Don't think so!

As for Leroy, been very impressive at times this year.
Irony of ironies though, when Wigan visited Hudds Karl Pryce played him off the park and at times made him look very poor indeed.
At one point he showed Cudjoe the outside, let him get past him then turned round caught him and tackled him into touch. Another time Pryce broke downfield after swatting Leroy like a fly and gave an inside pass to Carmont who scored.

Our Leroy is getting all sorts of praise and rightly, I just think it's being a bit overdone re internationals.
If Karl Pryce can do to him what he did the thoughts of what the Aussie or Kiwi backs could do doesn't bear thinking about.

Cudjoe's a good lad and improving all the time but lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Most of that is fair comment, I dont remember the incidents particularly but was probably when we were imploding, Cudjo is steadily improving, and i think will probably make it for England, but like you I think he is not quite there yet.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt