Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Gonna be tasty at leeds on Saturday

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#41 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Sep 21 2010, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ditto Wigan.

McGuire's injury could well act as a lesson to any other player watching that it doesn't pay to cheat. Perhaps the rugby Gods have punished him for his unsportsmanlike play. Either way, he'll be a massive loss for Leeds and I can't see them winning the Grand Final without him. In my opinion, he's been brilliant for them this season.
Directly pasted from the sky sports website.

The question is Leeds fans wrongly lambasting Clarke because they cannot understand a person can write something whereby they articulate some opinions being given throughout RL but when they offer THEIR opinion they differentiate by saying In My Opinion. The whole article is fair. He refutes the call for a penalty try against Leeds for example and he praises McGuire. Even when questioned later by Hemmings, Clarke states that the view is one being held by many.

To then get a Leeds fan (yourself Terry), the Leeds coach and the Leeds/GB captain lying and make numerous false accusations is totally hypocritical. The Wigan team / coach are the only ones acting with any class.

#42 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,571 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Allan Marsden @ Sep 21 2010, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The question is Leeds fans wrongly lambasting Clarke because they cannot understand a person can write something whereby they articulate some opinions being given throughout RL but when they offer THEIR opinion they differentiate by saying In My Opinion. The whole article is fair. He refutes the call for a penalty try against Leeds for example and he praises McGuire. Even when questioned later by Hemmings, Clarke states that the view is one being held by many.

To then get a Leeds fan (yourself Terry), the Leeds coach and the Leeds/GB captain lying and make numerous false accusations is totally hypocritical. The Wigan team / coach are the only ones acting with any class.

well it was good to read that Thomas Leuluai has since apologised for his conduct
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#43 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,098 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Allan Marsden @ Sep 21 2010, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where have I lied?
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#44 Simon Templar

Simon Templar
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Sep 21 2010, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I may have missed this, but did McLennon apologise for accusing Wigan players of injuring McGuire (when he was of course injured fouling Carmont)? Did I miss that retraction.
Clarke's views may be pie tinted and wrong - though I can see what he means, injuring yourself fouling someone feels different from injuring yourself playing fairly - he is speaking as a pundit. Nobody for a moment associates Schofield's comments with the Leeds club, so why should they Clarke's any more than using Hannibal's views as motivation to up their game against Wigan.
Peacock's comments are of a different order - he is his country's most recent captain. Unless Piggy and Leuluai knew that mcGuire was injured, and neither of them is medically qualified, you could understand their reaction and suspicion that McGuire's injury was convenient. Given the previous of the Leeds team in "gamesmanship" and moaning and groaning theirs was not a disproportionate reaction.
It is tragic he was injured, for him and his country, but the hysterical and self-righteous response from the Leeds club does them no creit. It is fine for nutters like 3owls to give us his "wisdom", but for McClennan and Peacock to say what they say is petulant and lacks any class.
I suspect, like Saints bottling (in the true sense of the term) playing Wigan, fear is the primary factor at play.

Why should either Saints or Leeds fear playing Wigan? You keep spouting on about the Good Friday game yet seem to conveniently forget that Saints turned you over at the DW stadium a couple of months later. Since then Wire,Huddersfield and Leeds have followed suit.
Now I don't actually think that Saints can win the GF this year. To get there will be a massive acheivement by itself,given we are without our first and possibly second choice half backs. The kids have been great this year
but one thing that really cheers me up is that Saints without Eastmond and Pryce have kept going and are only 80 mins from OT.
Take Sam Tomkins and O'loughlin out of the Wigan side and your lot will struggle.

#45 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Sep 21 2010, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ditto Wigan.

McGuire's injury could well act as a lesson to any other player watching that it doesn't pay to cheat. Perhaps the rugby Gods have punished him for his unsportsmanlike play. Either way, he'll be a massive loss for Leeds and I can't see them winning the Grand Final without him. In my opinion, he's been brilliant for them this season.
Directly pasted from the sky sports website.

Phil Clarke is a bigger pr**k than hannibal, and that's saying something. The "rugby gods" would have been well in order to break Sam Tomkins neck for the amount of cheating he did over the 80 minutes, i wonder what Phil clarke would have thought about that. Do you only deserve an injury for cheating in the last minute, what about the other 79, and what about a massive injury on a totting up basis for cheating throughout the match, a broken back say, a good old career threatener eh. Clarkes a tw*t, let's leave it at that.

#46 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Sep 21 2010, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Phil Clarke is a bigger pr**k than hannibal, and that's saying something. The "rugby gods" would have been well in order to break Sam Tomkins neck for the amount of cheating he did over the 80 minutes, i wonder what Phil clarke would have thought about that. Do you only deserve an injury for cheating in the last minute, what about the other 79, and what about a massive injury on a totting up basis for cheating throughout the match, a broken back say, a good old career threatener eh. Clarkes a tw*t, let's leave it at that.

Such a silly post. Even Hannibal does not deserve such abuse.

#47 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

discuss :- http://www.facebook....gid=89028684918

even better

discuss :- http://www.facebook....1854627?ref=sgm

#48 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Sep 21 2010, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The second one made me laugh fair play smile.gif would miss him if he wasn't on the SKy team though

#49 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Sep 21 2010, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are overloading on tosspot points this week.

I don't recall you being so vociferous in your condemnation when Ablett tried to break Tomkin's neck a few weeks ago.

You really are a complete gobsh!te.

#50 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

Grow up, everyone, or bans are going to be dished out on here which will mean whatever happens in the play-offs, certain people won't be around to discuss them on TRL any longer.

Terms & Conditions. - Please reacquaint yourselves with these.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users