Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rugby League: A true blue 'northern' institution?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:45 PM

The following is an extract from the November edition of Tony Hannan's 'Random League' found inside the new issue of Rugby League World, which goes on sale this Friday.

Isn't it great to see the stars of long-running soap opera Coronation Street backing the Co-op Championship?

Makes you wonder whether, instead of trumpeting how the game is played in ever county in England (which, though true, is in media terms getting us precisely nowhere), we should instead be branding the game as primarily a true blue 'northern' institution with national appeal, just like the Beatles, Peter Kay and...er... Coronation Street.

An interesting discussion point, and the perfect opportunity to get you all talking about the new edition of the mag! Is Tony's argument a valid one?

#2 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:27 PM

I don't watch 'Corrie' but I'm guessing that the article is about that Z List 'celebrity' who's no longer on the programme giving the prizes out at the Man of Steel awards. What a load of twaddle.

It's still mainly a Northern sport at Pro & Semi-pro level in the UK but at Amateur level that's complete nonsense as St Albans Centurians would verify.
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#3 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,408 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (Tom Coates @ Sep 29 2010, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The following is an extract from the November edition of Tony Hannan's 'Random League' found inside the new issue of Rugby League World, which goes on sale this Friday.

An interesting discussion point, and the perfect opportunity to get you all talking about the new edition of the mag! Is Tony's argument a valid one?

TROLL !!!

tongue.gif tongue.gif

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users