Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

European Royalty?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Celt

Celt
  • Coach
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:13 PM

Out and about in Luxembourg City tonight, and I spotted Crown Prince Sebastian, third in line to the Luxembourg throne. Fresh from doing some sport/exercise, the young chap was resplendent in a canterbury Warrington Wolves jersey!

I know we have always been an 'establishment' game, dominated by the upper classes, and never out of the broadsheets, but i must admit i was unaware of the games appeal throughout the BeNeLux aristocracy. . . .

sleep.gif
Rugby League: Alive and Handling

#2 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

3rd in line to the Luxembourg throne eh ? I guess thats similar to being deputy assistant mayor of Wolverhampton.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#3 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (Celt @ Sep 29 2010, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Out and about in Luxembourg City tonight, and I spotted Crown Prince Sebastian, third in line to the Luxembourg throne. Fresh from doing some sport/exercise, the young chap was resplendent in a canterbury Warrington Wolves jersey!

I know we have always been an 'establishment' game, dominated by the upper classes, and never out of the broadsheets, but i must admit i was unaware of the games appeal throughout the BeNeLux aristocracy. . . .

sleep.gif

The glamour club spreads it's net far and wide these days. What next? Princess Michael of Kent sporting a Vinnie Anderson corn row wig?

rldfsignature.jpg

#4 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Derwent @ Sep 29 2010, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3rd in line to the Luxembourg throne eh ? I guess thats similar to being deputy assistant mayor of Wolverhampton.

Only in Rugby League do we look to find all the negatives in a story.....

#5 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Celt @ Sep 29 2010, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sleep.gif

That is glam!!! biggrin.gif

Maybe the SL bosses should invite a member of the European Monachy along to the GF? After all it is the European SL!

#6 Celt

Celt
  • Coach
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:07 PM

next time i see him about, i will ask him if he is actually an RL fan....

He is just a young kid - 18 or so, and i know he was educated in the North (ampleforth) so there is a slight possibility.....

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users