Years on Here

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#121 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

Must be around 13 and a half years - didn't have Internet access prior to that. On Danny K's board (cannot remember which one that was) also Virtual Terrace. Previously and alternately known as Carlisle Saint & CS at home

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#122 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,282 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

iv been on hear for 10 minutes

Have you now?
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#123 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

Probably about 12 years on and off for me

#124 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,630 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

Have you now?

don't tell him, Pike!   :biggrin:

#125 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

I was definitely lurking on here prior to the 2000 world cup, but I can't for the life of me remember when I finally signed up. I did post for a while, and then stop, before coming back again.

Anyone know what happened to Mad Dai from Ponty?

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#126 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,368 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

I was definitely lurking on here prior to the 2000 world cup, but I can't for the life of me remember when I finally signed up. I did post for a while, and then stop, before coming back again.

Anyone know what happened to Mad Dai from Ponty?

That's mad, I was just going to post that very same question. He of the verbal attack on Stephen Jones?  :rtfm:

I am pretty sure you didn't have to register to post back in 1996-7 and subsequently most people used many aliases.

#127 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,163 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

...and subsequently most people used many aliases.

I still do. I'm l'ang, gingerjon and Johnoco.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#128 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,368 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

I still do. I'm l'ang, gingerjon and Johnoco.

I wondered who was posting all that b'locks using my name!  :ph34r:

#129 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,163 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

I wondered who was posting all that b'locks using my name!  :ph34r:

There aren't enough usernames in the internet for all the ###### I could post.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#130 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

About 11, but can't remember if I've used Mumby Magic all this time.......... O age is catching up.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#131 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Well 2 years on this is exactly the same. I've got even better at not getting embroiled in day-losing arguments, I'm now using the road-runner tactic. I give my opinion and then leave it be, it's taken 10 years to realise that people almost never change their minds so there is little point getting in a discussion. I also find it easier to take periods away from the board but I always come back...

If John Drake started the website that incorporated the Virtual Terrace, why is it that RLFans has the Virtual Terrace and we don't? It's a travesty that that site is seen as the heir to the original RL forum.

Very similar to myself. 

I remember reading about people starting clubs in far off places and even new countries and was fascinated.  It probably inspired me to get involved in doing the same and learning a little about how to do it.

I am slowly learning the same tactic.  If you make a good point, most reading it will appreciate it and those who do not will not appreciate it more for it being written too many times.  It is a good time to take a break when you feel compelled to argue.

Incidentally, I enjoyed your blog tremendously.  I hope it will return one day.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#132 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

This forum was much better in the old days.
You could have a real verbal punch up, some of those old time posters would have made you young un's hair curl. Believe me they took no prisoners.
The moderating was better too, proper moderating it was. None of this "warning". In the old days you got a proper banning.
And laugh? Lord how we used to laugh! You don't get good laughs on here any more just whinging.
I tell you this forums not what it used to be, when I used to post as Rhubarbtriangulist I used to have some belting arguments with that Kenilworth Tiger geezer.
And the Grammar is nowt like it used to be, it's all "LOL"and "IMHO"these days. Now you get "I beg to differ", I ask you "I beg to differ" political correctness gone mad that's what it is.
Oh why do I bother? You lot haven't got a clue.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#133 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,369 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

Just replying to Johnoco's post, it occured to me I first did this on John Drake's original Virtual Terrace in 1999.

Along with Paley, LobbyGobbler and John Drake, this means we have been on here a stupid amount of time and for a decent chunk of our lives. I have lived in four countries in that time with countless homes and jobs.

Anyone else coming to the frightening revelation that John's boards are one of th emost constant things in their lives?

I was on the old VT as well - started posting around 1999-2000. My first post was about Dale Laughton telling Robbie Paul to "**** off" on a TV game, picked up by the refs mike.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#134 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,540 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

Must be around 13 and a half years - didn't have Internet access prior to that. On Danny K's board (cannot remember which one that was) also Virtual Terrace. Previously and alternately known as Carlisle Saint & CS at home

Wasn't Danny K's board on 13world.com

We had some good bust ups on there in the good old days. I had many a heated 'discussion' with good old Danny, although he could be something of a drama queen,

'Sporting genocide' was one of his more insane outbursts, bless him.

28m391z.jpg

#135 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,282 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

This forum was much better in the old days.
You could have a real verbal punch up, some of those old time posters would have made you young un's hair curl. Believe me they took no prisoners.
The moderating was better too, proper moderating it was. None of this "warning". In the old days you got a proper banning.
And laugh? Lord how we used to laugh! You don't get good laughs on here any more just whinging.
I tell you this forums not what it used to be, when I used to post as Rhubarbtriangulist I used to have some belting arguments with that Kenilworth Tiger geezer.
And the Grammar is nowt like it used to be, it's all "LOL"and "IMHO"these days. Now you get "I beg to differ", I ask you "I beg to differ" political correctness gone mad that's what it is.
Oh why do I bother? You lot haven't got a clue.

Them was the days
It were proper forming then
Them days is gone
I remember when we had automatic
Well I can't remember what it was but I do know it was automaytic because my mate said so and he knows people
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#136 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

It's like the zombie apocalypse on here the last few days with all the account resurrections that are going on.

I think we're just missing Paley to make it a full-house...

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#137 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

I think we're just missing Paley to make it a full-house...

You appear to have an unhealthy obsession with bingo at the moment.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#138 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

You appear to have an unhealthy obsession with bingo at the moment.

Old age...

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#139 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

It is a been a while since my first post. It was when I was at uni in Newcastle (1999-2002) hence the 'Geordie' part of the username.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#140 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,368 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

Bonus point for the first person to mention
' Heezgoingfortheline'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users