• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Roverfam

Roverfam
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:17 AM

Hi all,

Just thought I would mention that there is a schoolboy 11's curtain raiser. Townville V Garforth.
Kick off 6pm on main pitch.
It would be great if you could get down abit earlier and show your support to these kids.
The boys are really excited about playing at Post office Road and it looks set to be a great match.

There is some good rugby played at this age and the last time these 2 met, it was a fab game.

#2 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:52 PM

watched the townville lads a couple of times and they have some good kids, especially the standoff.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#3 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:33 PM

Hi all,

Just thought I would mention that there is a schoolboy 11's curtain raiser. Townville V Garforth.
Kick off 6pm on main pitch.
It would be great if you could get down abit earlier and show your support to these kids.
The boys are really excited about playing at Post office Road and it looks set to be a great match.

There is some good rugby played at this age and the last time these 2 met, it was a fab game.

So that's a game last Saturday,one last Sunday, and two Friday. Training on Tuesday on main pitch and I expect also Thursday Thats 4 games in 7 days and two training sessions on the same bit of turf.. Keep up the good work Rob. Hope the weather is kind. Still doing too many hours.

#4 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:58 PM

So that's a game last Saturday,one last Sunday, and two Friday. Training on Tuesday on main pitch and I expect also Thursday Thats 4 games in 7 days and two training sessions on the same bit of turf.. Keep up the good work Rob. Hope the weather is kind. Still doing too many hours.

just to put that in perspective, the townville team were due to play a curtain raiser at cas on sunday against a team who travelled from hull. cas told them they couldn't play, as they would churn up the pitch. what a pretentious bunch they are.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#5 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

just to put that in perspective, the townville team were due to play a curtain raiser at cas on sunday against a team who travelled from hull. cas told them they couldn't play, as they would churn up the pitch. what a pretentious bunch they are.

That OR really puts it perspective. Col. All in all we are a grand team at Fev.

#6 Roverfam

Roverfam
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:35 AM

Your spot on OLD ROVER. Cas didn't want to know...it was disgusting. We will never ask for a curtain raiser down there again!
But Townville still kicked their buts, final score finished 76-0.
The stand off is Stuart.
Watch out for my son-Lewis, plays prop , NO:15 Yellow scull cap. ( Man of the Match last week )

At Featherstone, we may not get the large crowd this evening that Castleford attracts, but we have heart, determination and passion
3 things that the Cas team lack!!!

Hope to see you all tonight,
Louise

#7 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:20 AM

Well with the weather playing up, I've see games rained off snowed off and Iced off, I do hope this game is NOT blown off.
To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#8 Roverfam

Roverfam
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:46 PM

Well with the weather playing up, I've see games rained off snowed off and Iced off, I do hope this game is NOT blown off.

Just to advise the curtain raiser has been called off as its too dangerous for the kids, but up to press the main games on

#9 ralph2

ralph2
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:07 PM

Just to advise the curtain raiser has been called off as its too dangerous for the kids, but up to press the main games on

why whats the danger.

#10 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:25 PM

why whats the danger.

I would guess with these high winds and stuff flying about it is an insurance problem.

#11 ralph2

ralph2
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

I would guess with these high winds and stuff flying about it is an insurance problem.

Insurance companys do your head in, when has tumbleweed ever hurt anybody.

#12 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:12 PM

will the kids still go for the stadium tour etc.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#13 Roverfam

Roverfam
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

will the kids still go for the stadium tour etc.

Spoke to Laura this afternoon and a decision was made not to invite the kids today but to postpone it, so we have provisionally changed the Townville game to Sat 21 may, Widnes game.

#14 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:35 PM

Good luck tonight..........Donny :wink:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#15 NTC

NTC
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

Can anyone confirm the game is still on.

#16 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

Best be, there are a fair few here already!

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#17 NTC

NTC
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

Best be, there are a fair few here already!

cheers mate... On my way as i type.

#18 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:09 AM

Spoke to Laura this afternoon and a decision was made not to invite the kids today but to postpone it, so we have provisionally changed the Townville game to Sat 21 may, Widnes game.

Thats the date Im aiming to get to another incentive for me to get there Brilliant
To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users