Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rearranged & backlog fixtures

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:54 AM

Anyone know when end of season backlog fixtures will be out?

#2 Mark Greenwood

Mark Greenwood
  • Coach
  • 335 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:51 AM

I doubt any can be made yet, take siddal for example, game off yesterday, play Widnes next week, then Saddleworth at home in barla cup, & if we win this game we will be at at pats the week after. So we could be another 3 weeks before a league game. It's becoming beyond a joke this weather.
I AM SIDDAL RLFC NO.1 SUB

#3 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

the problem is we dont know if the weather is over yet

#4 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:44 PM

the problem is we dont know if the weather is over yet

Hey Duke the weather will never be over you plonker, we might get some bad some good, but we'll definately get some matey. :D

#5 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

I doubt any can be made yet, take siddal for example, game off yesterday, play Widnes next week, then Saddleworth at home in barla cup, & if we win this game we will be at at pats the week after. So we could be another 3 weeks before a league game. It's becoming beyond a joke this weather.

Just a reminder for you Mark

#6 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Just a reminder for you Mark

Wasn't Mark a big opponent of summer rugby?

rldfsignature.jpg

#7 Bobby Tupper

Bobby Tupper
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

I hope something changes with the fixtures because we (normy) play Ovenden on the 17th august then wait 5 week to play our final game against shawcross.

Rugby league players pretend not be injured for 80 minutes. Footballers pretend to be injured for 90

#8 chisholm 2

chisholm 2
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

The revised fixtures have done Ince Rose Bridge no favours, 9 games 1 at home 8 away  (one being an agreed reversal with St Pats). 3 consecutive trips to hull in that. How can any team expect players to continually turn down Saturday work and be out all day when a lot have young families. Also our coach company needs paying each week. The whole situation is a farce. 

#9 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

A bit of de ja vu for you there Chisholm! I remember this happening to you some years ago when you first got promoted to the premier division and without doubt the fixture run in for the last 8 games back then did you no favours.  I totally agree with you its a complete farce!!

#10 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 448 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

It's all swings and roundabouts really. It can't be a shock that you've got so many away games at end of season. You must have played a lot of home games leading up to it?

#11 chisholm 2

chisholm 2
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

We have played 5 at home and 2 away prior to this run, one home game being switched due to Thatto pitch being unfit. Therefore 4 from 7 as scheduled not a problem for anyone. Not a shock but could be handled better.

#12 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 448 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

Sorry, misread post. When you said last I thought you meant of the season, not the last 8 games

Does seen a bum deal!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users