Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Lezignan 7th May - Ladies Day

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#1 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:30 PM

Our Challenge Cup Fourth Round fixture against Lezignan XIII has been designated as a "Ladies Day" whereby all women are entitled to FREE ENTRY to the game. The match kicks off at 6:30pm and promises to be an entertaining encounter as both teams will be striving for a potentially lucrative Fifth Round tie against Super League opposition.

The club have also given the opportunity for everyone to ‘upgrade' and treat yourself and guests to pre-match hospitality in The Gallery. We will be serving hot beef baguettes with chips, onions and gravy (or salad) before the game. You will be able to listen to exclusive pre match interviews with Head Coach Daryl Powell and a first team squad player as well as presentations after the game. The cost of the upgrade is only £5 on top of the usual entrance fee (£15 adults, £9 concessions, £3 children).

Places are limited, strictly on a first come first served basis and all bookings must be made by no later than 5pm Thursday 5th May. To make a reservation please contact Paul Taylor on paul.taylor@featherstonerovers.net or 07584 684329 / 01977 702386.

Featherstone Rovers Reserves U23's also play Whitehaven Reserves U23's on the same day with a 2:30pm kick off.

Edited by PJT, 28 April 2011 - 10:28 PM.

#2 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:58 PM

The upgrade is excellent value for money, pity I am working for this one and can't get a swop :(

(I would have the salad with my beef baguette cos I'm a vegetarian :lol: )
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#3 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:03 PM

Paul, could you clarify something for the supporters,
Given that the reserves play first what is the admission price for the reserves?Is it £18 then get £3 refunded if you leave after the reserve game or £15 for the 2 games and no refund?
This needs clarifying and heavily publicising so both the home fans and especially the away fans of Whitehaven are aware.

#4 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:26 PM

Paul, could you clarify something for the supporters,
Given that the reserves play first what is the admission price for the reserves?Is it £18 then get £3 refunded if you leave after the reserve game or £15 for the 2 games and no refund?
This needs clarifying and heavily publicising so both the home fans and especially the away fans of Whitehaven are aware.

To watch the reserves only it will be £3. To watch both it will be £18 + £5 for snap.

I need to confirm the procedure on Tuesday when the office is open but I understand in the past that for situations like this, if people want to just watch the reserves they have to pay £18, get a receipt and then collect £15 on their way out.

#5 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:40 PM

(I would have the salad with my beef baguette cos I'm a vegetarian :lol: )

Or get a jar of something from my old man! ;)

#6 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

No room cos of the 2 I already have (and they are bigger than the standard jars!) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#7 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:58 PM

hope thats not a euphemism.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#8 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:06 PM

Haha.. nice one Oldrover.

They'd struggle for a fivers worth ;)

#9 Michael Bates

Michael Bates
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:46 AM

Why Saturday night? To cater for the huge away following?

#10 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

no....cos i'm on days sat morn
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#11 snake1985

snake1985
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:37 PM

Why £15? thought might have reduced it against a french team!!!

Edited by Matt J, 29 April 2011 - 02:17 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

I dont mind paying the £15, it will even itself out on the 'Gents Day' when the missus will have to pay :biggrin:
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#13 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:51 PM

Because it is going to expand the game and encourage new supporters to come along.Having the french play in the Challenge cup.................
It's a joke, we should play the game when it suits us and if the french or RFL don't like it then they should be given the same response as Mr Roby was given after the Leigh match by one or two well informed Fev supporters.

#14 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:28 PM

Because it is going to expand the game and encourage new supporters to come along.Having the french play in the Challenge cup.................
It's a joke, we should play the game when it suits us and if the french or RFL don't like it then they should be given the same response as Mr Roby was given after the Leigh match by one or two well informed Fev supporters.

Will be quite a few missing for this one. Sharlston playing a cup final at college grove, 6-0 KO.

#15 Daniel

Daniel
  • Coach
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

So if I come along to this match with a female friend, I will be charged £15 and she will be charged nothing?

#16 ROVERS83

ROVERS83
  • Coach
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:11 PM

no....cos i'm on days sat morn

no its cos i have a christening sunday
is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

#17 Ovo

Ovo
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:35 PM

So if I come along to this match with a female friend, I will be charged £15 and she will be charged nothing?

That is correct
Anything I post is a personal opinion

#18 Daniel

Daniel
  • Coach
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

That is correct

But it's illegal.

#19 ROVERS83

ROVERS83
  • Coach
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:55 PM

But it's illegal.

why is it
is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

#20 Daniel

Daniel
  • Coach
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

why is it

Because there's an Act that makes it so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users