• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#21 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

But it's illegal.

quite possibly!....better a tenner all adults as a gesture especially to male season ticket holders :blink: ...away support = ziltch :wacko:

#22 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,916 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

Because there's an Act that makes it so.

I'm not sure it is Daniel. Positive discrimination to encourage minorities is allowed in some circumstances I believe.
All female short lists in selection for MP's by the labour party is an example of this!

If you made blokes pay more to compensate - that would make it illegal I think!!

The club is trying it's best to encourage new fans, more females (mums might bring kids etc)!
I honestly can't see the issue.
am I missing summat???

Edited by Robin Evans, 05 May 2011 - 01:24 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#23 Ovo

Ovo
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:24 PM

Daniel.

So were you OK with Kids go free? If not you may want to go after the RFL and competition sponsors?

Is it OK that clubs have different age criteria for concessions?

Should the percentage difference charged between categories always be the same?

There really are bigger things to worry about. Forgive us for trying a new initiative that may increase the diversity of the crowd and attract a few new people to the game. BTW, last years was a success and the plods have not been knocking yet.

Perhaps we should have a family ticket for three parent families cos our current ones do not cater for all?
Anything I post is a personal opinion

#24 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:35 PM

Just an update... The Gallery is NOW SOLD OUT so unfortunately no further upgrades are available.

In addition to planned activities we will also be showing the Leeds vs Crusaders game on the big screen in the Atrium (clubhouse main bar). We will be reducing bar prices on drinks between 3pm-5pm so an added bonus.

#25 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,916 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

Get our ellie to drive me - get her in for nowt - spend money on reduced price ale - act daft with the bretheren - rovers win - go home - steak n kidney pie for supper - single malt - Robert's your mothers's eldest brother!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Illegal my @r_se!! :wacko:

#26 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

Why Saturday night? To cater for the huge away following?

Probably to fit in with the flights to save the RFL a bit of cash, though I'm surprised they don't seem to be having Lezignan and Catalans on the same flight (the Leigh and Salford squads flew out together to France the other year as the games kicked off at the same time).

Lezignan are a very handy side apparently, should be a good game. Might pop across if I can.

#27 Fatmandell

Fatmandell
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

Hmm, this little snippet might be useful for you Daniel to read up on rather then spouting stuff.
According to British Legislation. There is no reference to discriminating against men.

Edited by Fatmandell, 05 May 2011 - 02:00 PM.

I can never be lost, as the definition of lost is you don't know where you are. I know I'm here, therefore I'm not lost, just geographically misplaced.

#28 Daniel

Daniel
  • Coach
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

Hmm, this little snippet might be useful for you Daniel to read up on rather then spouting stuff.
According to British Legislation. There is no reference to discriminating against men.

Hmm, that little snippet is 35 years old. This little snippet is the one you should have been looking for before you tried to be clever.

#29 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,916 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

Jeez Daniel - If you were coming to the game you would be charged £15.

That's not changed owd cock! I really don't see an issue here! Women get in for nowt! Jeez, send for the S.W.A.T team!!

#30 Daniel

Daniel
  • Coach
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

I'm not sure it is Daniel. Positive discrimination to encourage minorities is allowed in some circumstances I believe.
All female short lists in selection for MP's by the labour party is an example of this!

If you made blokes pay more to compensate - that would make it illegal I think!!

The club is trying it's best to encourage new fans, more females (mums might bring kids etc)!
I honestly can't see the issue.
am I missing summat???

Robin, you're right positive discrimination is allowed in some circumstances, in some work circumstances.

It's commendable for clubs to try to encourage new fans, but do it legally.
The issue is that your club is promoting an illegal promotion, maybe they didn't realise it when it was thought up, but that doesn't matter.
What will happen when a man turns up wanting to come in for free? Will he be denied or will he be let in?

Daniel.

So were you OK with Kids go free? If not you may want to go after the RFL and competition sponsors?

Is it OK that clubs have different age criteria for concessions?

Should the percentage difference charged between categories always be the same?

There really are bigger things to worry about. Forgive us for trying a new initiative that may increase the diversity of the crowd and attract a few new people to the game. BTW, last years was a success and the plods have not been knocking yet.

Perhaps we should have a family ticket for three parent families cos our current ones do not cater for all?

Ovo - (presumably related to the person posting this offer on every club's message board) and hence so defensive about it

I was fine with Kids go Free.
Yes it's ok that clubs have different age categories for concessions.
I don't see what family tickets have to do with anything?

"BTW, last years was a success and the plods have not been knocking yet."
Cracking justification that is, I'm sure it's the same mentality a lot of the criminals have that are yet to be caught!

#31 Mark Ashton

Mark Ashton
  • Coach
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

Ladies day is a great idea, well done Rovers

#32 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,916 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:35 PM

Yes he will daniel - it's Ladies free day!!!! :rolleyes:

Don't wanna come, fair do's! But I really don't see the issue. No-one is making you pay more than would have otherwise been the case!

I just don't get your mantra one bit!

#33 Ovo

Ovo
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:43 PM

Robin, you're right positive discrimination is allowed in some circumstances, in some work circumstances.

It's commendable for clubs to try to encourage new fans, but do it legally.
The issue is that your club is promoting an illegal promotion, maybe they didn't realise it when it was thought up, but that doesn't matter.
What will happen when a man turns up wanting to come in for free? Will he be denied or will he be let in?

Ovo - (presumably related to the person posting this offer on every club's message board) and hence so defensive about it

I was fine with Kids go Free.
Yes it's ok that clubs have different age categories for concessions.
I don't see what family tickets have to do with anything?

"BTW, last years was a success and the plods have not been knocking yet."
Cracking justification that is, I'm sure it's the same mentality a lot of the criminals have that are yet to be caught!

Not defensive Daniel, just trying to do my best for my club. Annoyed would be the more correct term. The fact that people give up their lives in order to try and promote this great game of ours and all people want to do is go public and whine and moan. Well you know, I am not a lawyer. I practice common sense and passion to try and make things work for my club.

My wife posted it on other Forum's and she shares the same philosophy. No wonder people are walking away from the game, because when people try to do things with good intentions there is always someone who want to have a moan.

So let me ask you this... why do you care so much? and what laws have you unintentionally flouted lately. Oh wait, you don't know what you don't know - Do you?

Oh and BTW, since this is a shared gate you have to have these things approved by both clubs and the authorities do know. Maybe they need a lesson as well?

Probably see you at Dewsbury in a few weeks
Anything I post is a personal opinion

#34 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

Many a bloke will be happy that women are being let in for nowt cos some won't have to pay for wives girlfriends and daughters etc( or am I making a sexist remark? )I know lets make the women pick the litter up at the end of the game to make them earn their keep!!! All this politically correct stuff makes me puke; Well done Rovers keep up the good initiatives;

#35 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,916 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:15 PM

what a corn hole!! I just can't for the life of me understand the sentiments here! Folks at Fev, and indeed all over rugby league are flogging thereselves daft to try and findextra ways of generating interest/income etc.
This is another initiative. There's more to bloody life than looking for 'holes to fill'!!

Daniel, if you want to come, Brill - it's £15 mate. If you don't - I'll live with it!!!

Failing that, get Special Branch on the job. The've not got much on at the mo!!

For heavens sake!! IS IT ME, OR AM I REALLY MISSING SUMMAT???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#36 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,156 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

Thank you to the club for letting me in for free & for Terry to be able to come in as a consession. It as really helped us with our budgeting
Im Fev and im proud

#37 K.Loxton

K.Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:05 PM

What a lovely gesture from the Rovers club! I for one will be there taking advantage of this fantastic offer and while I'm inside the ground I might even spend my spare £15 on other Rovers goodies!! Well done Featherstone Rovers :)
No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.
"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

#38 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:21 PM

Because there's an Act that makes it so.

Is there a stripper on, maybe a drag act!!!!

Ill be there covering the game, see ya there.

#39 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:38 PM

Is there a stripper on, maybe a drag act!!!!

Ill be there covering the game, see ya there.

will the drag act have to pay in?
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#40 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:07 PM

What a lovely gesture from the Rovers club! I for one will be there taking advantage of this fantastic offer and while I'm inside the ground I might even spend my spare £15 on other Rovers goodies!! Well done Featherstone Rovers :)

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ladies, why not come and visit the club shop and treat yourself?
You know what Fellas? you can come along too and we won't charge you either!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users